News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter panel extention

Started by garych11, September 24, 2011, 07:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garych11

Im trying to install the quarter panel extentions, the problem im having is the extentions are more rounded than the new quarters. is their a difference between 68-69. i bought 68's but have a 69 charger.
       thanks for any help

Ryan

Nope they are the same. You probably will have to modify the quarter or both the quarter and the extension to make it fit nice. You are not the only one to run into this issue.

I think AMD makes new extensions maybe they fit their panels better than the oem ones do.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

I bought BE&A's and will see how they fit tomorrow.... I wasn't impressed with the plastic piece that is included with them, I assume it's a spacer of some sort but it was quite a bit wider then the extension  :shruggy: 

garych11

im not shure how to explain the problem but ill try, looking at the back of the car,the on the quarter the body line from the door to the back is more pointy. the extention is more rounded.
            i hope u can under stand what i mean
                             thanks for the help

Who's extensions did you get ? 

I test fitted the BE&A extensions which are quite round in comparison to the "squarer" ones that came off the car. I can't say that I'm terribly happy with them.   

The part numbers I got off the back of the squarer ones are 2840 400 RH and 2840 401 LH... I wonder what part number BE&A has embossed in theirs (I'd check if I had them here)

:popcrn:

garych11

the extentions i have are off a 68 charger

Interesting, the ones that came off my 69 were "squarer" .....  :shruggy:

Time to  :brickwall:  :smash:  :hack:  :paintingpink:  :buff:  then finally  :boogie: when done  :cheers: