News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carb setup for gas with ethanol

Started by 66FBCharger, September 26, 2011, 11:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

Here in the Northeast (CT.) we have gas with 10% ethanol added year round. Should the carb jetting be adjusted differently than if the car were to be run on 100% gasoline? I would think the carb should be richer.
The reason I ask is I have been driving my recently purchased 69 R/T (440, Edelbrock AFB carb, headers (engine is stock as far as I know, other than the carb and headers). It feels like I have a lean surge. As I am cruising at part throttle the car seems to surge ever so slightly. I haven't done much with the car other than drive it and enjoy it. I want to start tweaking things to getting them working perfect.
Any input would be appreciated.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Chryco Psycho

it requires 40% more alcohol to make the same power as pure gas , so I would suggest approx a 4-5% up jet to compensate + you get the added bonus of lower fuel economy  :2thumbs: