News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hemi daytona up for auction hemi gtx and other mopars also

Started by moparstuart, September 27, 2011, 11:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kismgby

Quote from: pettybird on September 29, 2011, 02:41:07 PM
Rob Wolf personally witnessed this top being installed at the St Louis plant in 1969.

If that makes no sense, remember to never question Mopar Collector's Guide.

Is he even old enough to have been around in 1969?

69hemidaytona

I just called the auction company and found out the final bid on the Hemi Daytona. The final bid was $400,000 and the reserve was not met so it did not sell. While $400,000 is a lot of money it is still a lot less than it was worth at it's peak I think. The car is represented as all numbers matching. Like maxwell wedge, I had always heard that there was only the one all matching numbers hemi 4 speed Daytona. Furthermore I talked to the owner of the car that was auctioned many years ago and I could have sworn that he told me it was NOT numbers matching at that time. Maybe I don't recall that conversation correctly or maybe the original engine was found later on. I heard basically the same story with the black hemi 4 speed Daytona. Either way it seems pretty remarkable how many hemi cars had their original engines found after decades of not having them. If I was buying a high dollar Hemi Daytona or Hemi Cuda convertible that was matching numbers I would have it looked at by several experts to be sure it had not been restamped. That is what I had done when I bought mine 10 years ago and prices were a lot less then than they are now. Plus my car was always know to be numbers matching and untouched. I don't know if the average Joe like me will ever be able to afford to buy one ever again but the bid on this car was for less than half of what he was asking for it less than a year ago.

pettybird

Quote from: Kismgby on October 25, 2011, 11:15:17 PM
Quote from: pettybird on September 29, 2011, 02:41:07 PM
Rob Wolf personally witnessed this top being installed at the St Louis plant in 1969.

If that makes no sense, remember to never question Mopar Collector's Guide.

Is he even old enough to have been around in 1969?

For MCG, that's just a minor speed bump in their "reporting."