News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 500 fans...

Started by Charger Aficionado, January 17, 2006, 04:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I made myself a desktop photo, thought there may be someone else who would like to use it?

Please save to your desktop, (image will not be hosted long).

Ghoste

69_500

Definately got that one saved. Don't know if I'll use that one as my desktop or not, but probably in the future.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: 69_500 on January 17, 2006, 09:55:35 AM
Definately got that one saved. Don't know if I'll use that one as my desktop or not, but probably in the future.

You know it made Icons' text hard to see, but I think there is a way to make text highlighted...  I'll probably just print it out for my kid (we make Charger print-outs for his room)...

69_500

Ah who needs to read the text, when you can just click on the icons. You know what icons are where right?

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: 69_500 on January 17, 2006, 07:27:01 PM
Ah who needs to read the text, when you can just click on the icons. You know what icons are where right?
I put all my pix on the desktop (those all have the same icon, but diff text)...  My desktop is Covered with icons.

69_500

Ah I see, I keep my desktop simple and sweet. Not but about 15 icons on the desktop for me.

Highbanked Hauler

Mine does look better without the prop rod holding the hood up.My excuse is that I never was going to let it go this long as it is going back stock.It just never gets done. :brickwall:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi68charger

I see my son Jacob is immortalized next to Al's C500..    :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Ah one of these days you'll get her back to stock Al. The hard part is done, you have kept ahold of it for this long. The easy part will be finding time to put it back to stock.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on January 21, 2006, 08:29:22 AM
Ah one of these days you'll get her back to stock Al. The hard part is done, you have kept ahold of it for this long. The easy part will be finding time to put it back to stock.
I hope it will be before I retire so I don't forget how :rotz:

92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

How many more years do you have until you retire then Al? It shouldn't take that much to take your car back to stock appearance. Look at it this way, you already have a very easy 500 to recognize. It definately stands out in a crowd, and is of course one of my favorite colors on a C500 B5 blue.

Highbanked Hauler

Thanks ,what I hope to do is ( restore) it this time,at least I don't have to deal with rust.I want to powder coat some stuff and finish the under side and fix the spots that it got from riding on top of the guard rail. Technically I have 9 years till I can bail out of the collision industry but I want to do the time restoring Mopars the right way, hence the move to Raleigh NC.,long story.  Al
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Your car will look great when you get done with it I"m sure of that. The pictures you have on your website of how it was before the accident look incredible. 9 more years of work huh? Thats not too bad, I think I have about 40 years left before I'll be able to start thinking of retiring. The way my life goes I'll be working till the day I leave this world.

Highbanked Hauler

Thats why I want to get the car done before I get my ticket punched and yes I think I too will rock till I drop,its a sign of the times.also I have to get the body shell done as a 500  stock car replica.Its almost ready to start putting the cage into it.Also that is where the sheetmetal is going when this 500 goes back stock.Since the 500s slipped through the cracks the first time I am going to do my part to make sure they don't this time.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

What motor are you planning on using in your C500 stock car replica? I don't think I've ever seen any information on what your intending to do with that car. Other than using the front end tha is currently on your 500. Are you going to paint it up to resemble someones race car? Or just leave it as blue?

Highbanked Hauler

The book is pretty much open on this thing from a hemi and a #3 white ( 500) car to a drivetrain out of a Craftsman truck series Dodge :shruggy: and a 358 cu. motor.I have been thinking about a Hybred so the parts situation will be easier as I damn sure arn't going to pass it off as a REAL race car.Its a way to tell what these cars were built for.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Are you talking about a real 500? Or was the comment about a #3 500 in refernce to a race car with the #3?

Either way I'm sure you'll do an incredible job on it. and I'm also sure tha you'll drive it and enjoy it.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on January 23, 2006, 12:39:57 PM
Are you talking about a real 500? Or was the comment about a #3 500 in refernce to a race car with the #3?

Either way I'm sure you'll do an incredible job on it. and I'm also sure tha you'll drive it and enjoy it.
Yes a #3 loose replica car.This is to save a parts car shell.When I get going on it again I will get some pictures up and scare the hell out of some people.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Ah one of those cars that scares people huh. Pretty rusty? Or was it wrecked and pretty mangled? One of those cars that people would have passed on in the 70's to mid 80's but by todays standards is repairable.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on January 23, 2006, 01:41:55 PM
Ah one of those cars that scares people huh. Pretty rusty? Or was it wrecked and pretty mangled? One of those cars that people would have passed on in the 70's to mid 80's but by todays standards is repairable.
Thats it,it had all the rust you could use on one car.I am going to use a lot of 2X3 rectangular tubing and sheet metal
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Look at it this way, if it is that rusty it will be lighter, hence your cloned race car will be lighter. :)

I can't think of who drove a #3 car back then.

Ghoste

Ray Fox had a #3 car with a few drivers didn't he?  Freddy Lorenzen and Jim Vandiver come to mind.

69_500

I always associate Jim Vandivier with the #31 car.

Ghoste

Fox sent a 500 out too did he not?  Who else drove for him, he used a bunch of guys right?

69_500

I'm too young to remember, I wasn't born until 78.

Ghoste

Well I'm not that old either!  Not quite two decades before you but I can't really recall either.  I was just a puppy then, or am I just too old to retain it???  I don't know or can't remember.   What are we talking about again?

69_500

From talking to Charlie Glotzbach at the Monster Mopar he made it sound like back in 1969, drivers might drive one race for Baker, then the next week be driving for someone else. There wasn't a year long contract offer to many drivers back then. Most of them bounced from one team to another to try to complete the entire season. They would get 3-5 race deals, and only got paid a portion of what they won. If they didn't finish well in those races, they didn't make much ,and more than likely weren't kept around for the next couple of races.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on January 24, 2006, 08:57:05 AM
Look at it this way, if it is that rusty it will be lighter, hence your cloned race car will be lighter. :)

I can't think of who drove a #3 car back then.
Buddy Baker did at some point as I have seen pictures of him in the #3
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 20, 2006, 08:48:54 PM
Mine does look better without the prop rod holding the hood up.My excuse is that I never was going to let it go this long as it is going back stock.It just never gets done. :brickwall:
Gotta LOVE Photochop huh?

69_500

Photoshop is great for fixing things in a picture, but then again there is something to be said for origional unedited pics too.

That aside, Al have you thought of trying to pick up one of those Engines that Petty Enterprises was selling a few years back. Not sure on the cu or HP of them, but I remember an article someone dropped on into a SuperBee at the Mopar Nationals this year.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on January 25, 2006, 09:48:05 AM
Photoshop is great for fixing things in a picture, but then again there is something to be said for origional unedited pics too.

That aside, Al have you thought of trying to pick up one of those Engines that Petty Enterprises was selling a few years back. Not sure on the cu or HP of them, but I remember an article someone dropped on into a SuperBee at the Mopar Nationals this year.
What I think I will do is try to get a wrecked stock car/ truck that is complete(might be cost prohibitive)that way I can slice and dice as needed.Put it this way,I haven't ruled out anything.I am moving to the heart of stock car country in about 6 weeks so it will be this fall before it gets underway.I've had people at Carlisle say to me ,how could you do such a thing to a 500.Wait till they see the stocker when they think its a real 500.That'll give them the runs :scared: :puke: for sure.OOOOOOOOwell. My goal is to have it come close to passing  tech.inspection. My goal is to bump up interest in older stock cars.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Well when those people ask you how you can do something like that to your 500, you should answer them by saying this. "Well I bought it this way back in 1969 off of a southerner"

That would raise some eyebrows.

Looking forward to seeing a stock car replica that is a 500 and not a Daytona or a Superbird.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on January 26, 2006, 04:43:10 PM
Well when those people ask you how you can do something like that to your 500, you should answer them by saying this. "Well I bought it this way back in 1969 off of a southerner"

That would raise some eyebrows.

Looking forward to seeing a stock car replica that is a 500 and not a Daytona or a Superbird.
Of the meets I have gone to there is no vintage stock car represintation out on the field other than the Aero or Winged Warriors meets.Very few people care about stock car history.Its drag cars that get the spotlight.
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Thats true. I don't see many replica stock cars at any shows other than winged car meets. But not as many there now, as the marty Robbins clone is gone now, parts being used to restore a real Daytona. But there are still plenty out there.

Ghoste

Well I'm glad the parts are being used for a real one but I kind of liked the Marty Robbins car.  I'll miss it.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger Aficionado

69_500

Nah, he just couldn't keep seeying 500 threads without posting at least something in them.

nascarxx29

I know of another guy who has a 69 500 it was from NJ .Hector Almonte formerly owned  that car.It was from Weehauken NJ .That car is one vin number lower than 69 500s car.Last owner after him was a Mike H.Anybody know him or if he still has the car lastime I heard from him he was working on it in 2001
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

I haven't heard of the car, don't have any info on a car 1 digit lower than mine.