News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barrett-Jackson auction starts today...

Started by marangen, January 17, 2006, 05:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rare69

makes me sick to see these rich guys buying the cars that us mopar lovin guys have grown up loving admiring and hoping to be able to own some day when we get big but NOW! will never have. the hobby is getting pretty screwed up! all i can say is hang on to the one you got. and thank god for peaple and web sites like us, keeping it real!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargervert

I have a new slogan for Barret-Jackson! WERE BARRET- JACKSON! OUR PRICES ARE INSANE!!!!!!! then comes the disclaimer, This auction,is not intended for the poor shallow pocketed inthusiests who love,and deserve to own these vehicles! So please stop drooling on the cars that are no longer within your means! This broadcast cannot be duplicated under penalty of law,or we will use the 16% that we gouged from the buyers and sellers to sue you for the pathitic amount of money you greasy car guy are worth,plus an 8% commission! :icon_smile_evil: :icon_smile_big: :rotz: :pity: :flame: :icon_smile_sad:

Big Lebowski

2 million bucks for a 'Cuda and only $66,924 for a '70 Six-pack Charger. I am depressed. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

694spdRT

I am really surprised the Bobby Allison Daytona did not bring more money than that.  ???
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

derailed

:iagree: Im surprised the Hemi rebodied Cuda did as well as it did.

Ghoste

A lot of the guys there probably don't know who Bobby Allison is and how come somebody screwed up that Daytona like that?  Goofy paint and roll bars, sheesh.

rare69

THANK GOD! for the real mopar enthusiast here. we cant let the younger generation forget about the mopars because they can never afford to buy one,i know where mine will go if i ever have to let go of it. and it wont go to the biggest geek with the most money. that i promise!

472 R/T SE

Quote from: derailed on January 22, 2006, 12:30:29 AM
:iagree: Im surprised the Hemi rebodied Cuda did as well as it did.

There was more than one rebody that did good $$ too.  The announcers were carrying on complimenting the seller for being forthright with the information ???   They tried to discuss the legality of it but seriously what do they know.
It seemed the early days of the auction hurt sales.

chargervert

I wonder,if rebodies,will now become accepted,since Barret-Jackson,now finds them acceptable to action them off along side the cream of the crop! :rotz:

BB1

Yeah, grab that old Hemi vin tag and re-body it. It's now the part of the "New" hobby.  :-X
Delete my profile

Ghoste

At least until the FBI knocks on Craig's door.  ;)

chargervert

Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2006, 10:37:24 AM
At least until the FBI knocks on Craig's door.  ;)
The Feds don't seem to be too concerned,but whats more shocking,is that the buyers aren't too concerned either! 600K for a rebody,thats got to be a record! It looks like thats where the hobby is headed!

69_500

A rebody for that kind of money. That is just plain stupid. If he admits its a rebody, then that is even more ridiculous. I mean first of all its illegal the last time I checked. Second of all, all your probably buying is a 318 car that is now carrying all the numbers of a HEMI car. So is a 318 car with a HEMI in it worth $600K? IF so sign me up, I"ll go right down the road and buy a 318 Barracuda and make it into a HEMI Cuda in no time.

Ghoste

The feds will care if somebody decides (and can prove) they were screwed.  That's insane.  Who can have so much money that they don't care about the cars authenticity or legality to do that?  Ole Galen must be really going nuts.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 694spdRT on January 22, 2006, 12:21:04 AM
I am really surprised the Bobby Allison Daytona did not bring more money than that.  ???

I agree, that was kinda depressing. You could see he was proud of the Daytona. I met Bobby on a few occasions when he was still racing, and he is one of the nicest old school drivers you will ever meet.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

65post

Is the body of the Allison daytona the original one or was it put together with some of the original parts ?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Hemidoug

Quote from: cudahob3 on January 22, 2006, 10:21:59 AM
Yeah, grab that old Hemi vin tag and re-body it. It's now the part of the "New" hobby.  :-X

Don't kid yourself...it's been a part of the hobby since people started decoding VINs...That is how GG came to fame. Don't ever forget that even though this segment of the used car business is hobby oriented instead of transportation oriented, it's still about buying a used car. All the tricks of the trade still apply (and even more so with the $$$ involved).
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Hemidoug

Quote from: RECHRGD on January 21, 2006, 06:20:33 PM
HMMMM, The '68 with the new little HEMI went for 130K.  I wonder what it would have gone for if it had a 528 crate HEMI in it.  That's what I want to do to mine one of these days.
I'm thinkin that a new hemi might just find a home in a certain 70 Dart I know off.....add a Viper rear suspension,tubs, upgrade the front to R&P......6 spd.....HHHHHMMMMMMM!!!! :o :o :icon_smile_big:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

TruckDriver

Quote from: 65post on January 22, 2006, 01:43:41 PM
Is the body of the Allison daytona the original one or was it put together with some of the original parts ?

They said the car was found in a barn wearing a '70 front clip, but the rest was original sheet metal.
PETE

chargervert

We all know that the rebody thing has been going on for years,but what I am concerned about is that this kind of thing will legitimize it,and it will become common pratice to charge more for rebodies,and clones,than the originals! I think that will be the thing that will bring down the hobby! And guess what,its happening right now! :rotz:

TruckDriver

PETE

chargervert

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 22, 2006, 03:18:43 PM
$67,000
'66 Hemi Coronet 500, one of 204 produced with a 4-speed
Its starting to look like the so called less desirable hemis,are becoming the bargains of the century,and clones,and rebodys,are surpassing them!

MadScientist

I would be curious to see if some of the "big $$" cars were put on the block on tuesday or Wednesday....  I think it would have made more sense then. Clones less than originals, etc.  Then again, maybe not.  I guess it all depends if the "Lewanthals" of the hobby are watching from their private jets.  That guy is starved for attention.  What do you want to bet that the sling is a fake?!  I bet he'll show up on American Idol next!

I saw a 1929 Ford Woodie go for $24K.  Why not get something completely finished and somewhat interesting for that price?

I do find it interesting as far as "what details count" in that realm of restoration. I guess I should quit polishing my valve stem caps  :-)
MS

TruckDriver

PETE