News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I was at this carshow talking to this lady with a Superbird when....

Started by xx29440charger, October 04, 2011, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

I was at this carshow talking to a lady with a Superbird when all of a sudden, she saw me looking under the fender scoop and she said "no holes under there". I told her that I knew and I told her all 69 Daytonas have them and Superbirds don't. She then told me aproximately 5 Superbirds did come with holes under the fender scoops. Is that correct.? That's my question....did any Superbirds have holes put in them under the fender scoops from Creative Industries?    :icon_smile_question:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

I doubt it....unless owner modified or one of The Kings cars.

xx29440charger

Aero426

There was a dealer TSB available for any owner that "wanted" to have the holes in their scoops.   I have never seen a street Superbird with holes under the scoops.    I believe that the real reason for the TSB was in case NASCAR held them to the letter of the rules which was that the holes needed to be there.   Not cutting the holes saved time and money for the factory - and secondarily eliminated an owner complaint of junk coming up from the scoops when it rained.

maxwellwedge

pettybird

obviously not done by anyone who had previously driven a Daytona in the rain...

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection