News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does this Charger 500's F8 Look WAAY off? I LIKE IT!

Started by Charger Aficionado, January 17, 2006, 01:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will this Green paint cause car to LOOSE points in a judge even? Or was there a variance in factory tones?

There was no Variance, Color will hurt your car's points
4 (30.8%)
There was drastic variances in the tones of Chrysler's paint, no problem do it!
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Charger Aficionado

Does the  F8 Appear to be too "Custom"?  Your imput appreciated...

Just 6T9 CHGR

I agree the color is nice as well.

Unless you are going to a super duper Mopar judged show, I dont think you'll have a problem racking up awards with that color
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Was your C500 originally green?  I thought it was T5
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

THE CHARGER PUNK

paint looks good, but i like the original darker F8 color my all time fav colour as you can tell by my name ;D also jude got any pics of your c500?-MATT

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

triple_green

It looks like F8 in basecoat/clearcoat. When I went to paint my 68 Charger (66-1 = F8), the instruction from the paint manufacturor warned that it would look 25% brighter than the original enamel.  And it does.

I would say the color is right, but it has a lot of coats of clear that someone has expertly sanded out.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

69_500

I'm not positive that the F8 on that car is off. I think it could be a posiblity of the white balance of the camera being off by a bit too. The car seems to be off a bit, but not a whole lot. Could have been the lighting, and the white balance.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 17, 2006, 01:36:20 PM
Was your C500 originally green?  I thought it was T5
My charger is F8 Drk Green.  No pix yet.  Don't forget she's a Gen Lee...  ORANGE lol 

Blakcharger440

I remember seeing that car in person at Topeka Super Mopar Weekend a long,long time ago and have pics. That car is extremely well done. Very nice resto done to it.  :yesnod:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 17, 2006, 08:14:47 PM
I remember seeing that car in person at Topeka Super Mopar Weekend a long,long time ago and have pics. That car is extremely well done. Very nice resto done to it.  :yesnod:
I think you are thinking of a different car...  (THere is a C500 as a restored Gen LEE)???

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Did I just read that correctly? Did you say that there is a C500 that has been turned into a General Lee? Is someone really that off their rocker?

I guess that isn't much different than the RT/SE that was turned into a GL at Carlisle that was also made into a 4WD.

6670charger

Depends on what you intend to do with the car.  If it's a 100 point show car, then color is vital.  If it's just a really nice weekend show car and driver, then the color doesn't matter a bit.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Blakcharger440

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 17, 2006, 08:29:10 PM
I remember seeing that car in person at Topeka Super Mopar Weekend a long,long time ago and have pics. That car is extremely well done. Very nice resto done to it.  :yesnod:
  I think you are thinking of a different car...  (THere is a C500 as a restored Gen LEE)???

Ummm...What are you talking about a General Lee for?????
I said  I saw that 69 Charger 500 or one just like it (how many other Hemi powered 69 F8 Charger 500's withe dog dishes that look like that could there hav been) once again at a Super Mopar Weekend years ago
And took polaroids of the car! The car I took a photo of was not a general lee. I would think
I would know I was looking at a Orange General Lee car instead of a 69 Charger 500 :rotz:

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 18, 2006, 08:33:10 PM
Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 17, 2006, 08:29:10 PM

Ummm...What are you talking about a General Lee for?????
I said  I saw that 69 Charger 500 or one just like it (how many other Hemi powered 69 F8 Charger 500's withe dog dishes that look like that could there hav been) once again at a Super Mopar Weekend years ago
And took polaroids of the car! The car I took a photo of was not a general lee. I would think
I would know I was looking at a Orange General Lee car instead of a 69 Charger 500 :rotz:

I'm just saying mine is...  I also head some dude did a C500 as a General, so I ASSumed that was what you were talking about...  That green car isn't mine...  I like the color vs. the Olive looking F8 I usually see...  If you have any other pix of it, PLEASE post! 

Blakcharger440

Yep, I do Aficionado. I should have a couple of them but as I was stating I took the pics with one of those disposable cameras and had them develped. This was around 1993 sometime...it might say on the photos not sure.
However I do not have a scanner  :icon_smile_sad:
I may try taking a digital pic of the photos and post them tommorrow.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 19, 2006, 12:33:45 AM
I may try taking a digital pic of the photos and post them tommorrow.
OUTSTANDING.  Thank You.

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69_500

It would probably make my scin crawl a little to see a C500 made into a GL. Unless of course it was a 1970 500, then it still wouldn't be right, but not nearly as awful.

F8 is a gorgeous color. Looks great in all kinds of lighting, and is fairly easy to photograph.

BB1

Delete my profile

Blakcharger440

Here is a pic of what I think is the same 69 Charger 500....again at the Topeka Super Mopar Weekend event.
I spoke to the guy with the hat, sitting to the right and I believe he said he was the owner of the car at the time.

Looks like the same car to me . Again it was approx.1993????  No date on the photo.

Blakcharger440

And ya know what Charger Aficiondo.....the pic that you posted was taken at Topeka Super Mopar Weekend also!
Check out the background! It is the same location.
Lots of really rare,nice mopars show up at this event,Its great! I even attended the first one ever!