News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will anyone ever make superbird rear window moldings???

Started by DoubleDlover, October 12, 2011, 02:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

We have been teased for years hearing about "oh they are almost done"..  does anyone know if someone is really close to having them done? and has anyone used the fiberglass repops janak has made??

dreamcatcher

There is a place that make them.I see them on ebay all the time.They cost around 1200.00 a set.I have heard good things about them.Cant remember the companys name but am sure some on this board will know.I think it was called PG Classic.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

dreamcatcher

1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

DoubleDlover

Hi ther.e Thanks for your post. Unforunitly they have been advertizing them for 2 years now. And havent gotten them. And when you call all they say is almost..... So its wishfull thinking with those guys. anyone else have any info on anything?

moparstuart

Quote from: DoubleDlover on October 12, 2011, 11:39:26 AM
Hi ther.e Thanks for your post. Unforunitly they have been advertizing them for 2 years now. And havent gotten them. And when you call all they say is almost..... So its wishfull thinking with those guys. anyone else have any info on anything?
call mike at BE&A  maybe he can give u the straight story on them  ?

http://www.beaparts.com/

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

I spoke to Mike Ross in June, and he was not saying anything positive that these were going to happen.    He didn't close the door, but was not an all encouraging.   

DonC1

I'll have a go at attempting it tommorrow on stainless.

gtx6970

if you look at the ebay listing posted , it says there are avail.
Anyone took a chance and bought a set only to find out it's presale with no release date ? 

I'm curious to know what the reply would be from the seller .

held1823

now could be a good time to revisit the recent finder's fee thread. you might be able to pocket a five-spot for getting that answer.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

DoubleDlover

yea i emailed the people running that auction. They said the production was stalled.. lol

62 Max

Ask a question,get an answer ! ::)

They are not ready yet
Thank You!
PG Classic
www.moparplus.com
1-888-473-5855

DonC1

I bent up a small sample molding piece in 20 gauge stainless...wasn't too difficult and is similiar to original. With 22 or 24ga I bet I could get it dam close. Since my posting pic skills dont work on here who can I send a pic to?

DoubleDlover

hey there. Send them to me.. bigdogbigdog333@yahoo.com  what about making them in aluminum? wouldnt it be more easy? And you can polish them out so they look like stainless.

62 Max

Quote from: DonC1 on October 14, 2011, 12:10:39 AM
I bent up a small sample molding piece in 20 gauge stainless...wasn't too difficult and is similiar to original. With 22 or 24ga I bet I could get it dam close. Since my posting pic skills dont work on here who can I send a pic to?

The top pieces are easy,all you have to do is get the bottom right and you're in business. :Twocents:

DoubleDlover

Heres a pic from DonC1. Doesnt look to bad. r

wingcarenvy

I definitely would be interested in a set if thats where DonC1 is going with this.

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on October 27, 2011, 09:47:07 PM
I definitely would be interested in a set if thats where DonC1 is going with this.
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: chris this wont fit on a chevelle   :nana: :nana:

wingcarenvy

Quote from: moparstuart on October 28, 2011, 10:20:43 AM
Quote from: wingcarenvy on October 27, 2011, 09:47:07 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: chris this wont fit on a chevelle   :nana: :nana:
Ha! No kidding.  :slap:

DonC1

I can make the rear window molding set as one piece or pieces in stainless. - $500., also anything else for the Bird in metal.

loctite

I have the janak plug.   I found a vega hatch glass with the moulding. I had to trim a little and ad a little to each corner and the glass fit right in. Also the vega moulding fits right aroud the glass and looks great!!

Cooter

Quote from: loctite on October 28, 2011, 06:37:24 PM
I have the janak plug.   I found a vega hatch glass with the moulding. I had to trim a little and ad a little to each corner and the glass fit right in. Also the vega moulding fits right aroud the glass and looks great!!

Aren't the "Vega" Hatches used on the Daytonas only??
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

wingcarenvy

Quote from: DonC1 on October 28, 2011, 12:56:43 PM
I can make the rear window molding set as one piece or pieces in stainless. - $500., also anything else for the Bird in metal.
Oooh i am interested. I need to pm you.

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on October 28, 2011, 08:02:14 PM
Don ,  chris is a pretty good guy sometimes  :icon_smile_big:   hook him up 

wingcarenvy

Quote from: moparstuart on October 29, 2011, 02:35:22 PM
Don ,  chris is a pretty good guy sometimes  :icon_smile_big:   hook him up 

PRETTY?! I am friggin awesome! No seriously though dont you need a set for the birdable?

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on October 30, 2011, 07:56:09 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 29, 2011, 02:35:22 PM
Don ,  chris is a pretty good guy sometimes  :icon_smile_big:   hook him up  

PRETTY?! I am friggin awesome! No seriously though dont you need a set for the birdable?
LOL  my fender tag is coded for drip rail moldings ,  whoops  ?  but no i dont need any moldings on my convertible top ,  I do need a set of daytona / 500 rear glass moldings  .   Love ya chris   :icon_smile_big: