News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

newbie needing a little help.

Started by jeffsjag90, August 03, 2011, 08:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffsjag90

Grinding and sanding plug welds! :icon_smile_angry:

jeffsjag90

Lastnight I got fender wells welded to trunk floor the car felt more stable so I started the removal of right quarter. Man what have I got myself into! :eek2:

jeffsjag90

Ok I got another question. Below is a pic of where the right quarter meets deck filler. There is a support,brace that connects the two. Both sides are rusted on my car. Where can I buy these , will I have to make them or not even use them?

jeffsjag90

Here is a better pic of piece I need info. about. I guess most cars are so rusted in this area that people do not know the piece was there.

Finn

I am pretty sure you would have to make you own brace. I know they sell the sail panel skins but I have never seen that part. Be careful when you're working with that curved section the window sits in. It has to be matched exactly if you want the chrome window trim to fit.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

JerseyJoe

Jeff,
   Mine was really rusted out in that area, I don't know if those were there originally. My new AMD quarters didn't have a piece there.  :shruggy:

jeffsjag90

This car is all original.Never been painted. This little brace is on both sides and both sides are rusted badly. I guess I will try to make them.

69*F5*SE

jeffsjag90

Another question. I was out today with Charger prefitting sheetmetal and looking at pics. on DodgeCharger.com. I see that all threads I see on replaceing valance corners everyone is puting corners on last. How? How are you guys welding them in? Looks to me the they should be welded to quarter first then trunk extenders put in then weld corners to extenders and then valance put in. If that makes sence.

ktneifert09

When I did mine, I put on the corners on the quarter panels and then installed them to the previously installed valence. First I screwed them on to make sure it was all going to fit and then I spot welded them using the Harbor Freight welder I mentioned earlier. Worked for me...
Plans are useless; planning is indispensible.
Especially with an old car!

jeffsjag90

That is what I will do. I am thinking about buying that spot welder. How many of you guys have used it? What is your input on it?