News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wanted: Any Info on 1970 Hemi Charger (Possibly from California)

Started by jessejames, January 08, 2017, 04:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejames

Still looking for any information on my 70 Hemi Charger. The car was originally titled in Tennessee. I just learned that It may have come from California when it was new. I was at the Mopar Nationals this past summer looking at a 70 GTX. This GTX has the same equipment in the trunk that my car still has. It looks like a extra gas filler tube with some 3/8 hoses (several of them) cut into the passenger side truck extension. It's the exact same set up that I have. When I asked the guy what that was... He responded that only California cars came with that regarding emission standards. Does anyone have anymore information on this? Is it possible the car was sold in California new, then moved to Tennessee. If that is the case, I've been looking in the wrong state. It's registered with the charger registry. I've had feelers out before in the past with no luck.
Info on the car.
Purple car with white interior. white top
4 speed car
XS29R0G165349
My last resort is Mark Worman, I tried calling him once, but was unable to get a hold of him. He seems to be good at tracking the history of these cars.
Any suggestions or avenues I can try please let me know.
Jesse
414 651 4366

kokxville

I know a guy who has a 1970 plumcrazy 4 speed hemi charger with white vinyltop and white interiour :scratchchin:.He's from Germany and i believe he is a member here too.His name is Carsten and his handle is on here is plumcrazy or something. ( not sure )
I don't know if he owns this specific car,but there are not too many so might be worth a shot.

Good luck  :cheers:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

tan top

Quote from: kokxville on January 08, 2017, 05:01:56 PM
I know a guy who has a 1970 plumcrazy 4 speed hemi charger with white vinyltop and white interiour :scratchchin:.He's from Germany and i believe he is a member here too.His name is Carsten and his handle is on here is plumcrazy or something. ( not sure )
I don't know if he owns this specific car,but there are not too many so might be worth a shot.

Good luck  :cheers:

:iagree:    sounds like Carstens   70 hemi charger  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparchris

I don't have any info on you particular car, however the vent tubes you are referring to are in fact only on Ca. cars.  Starting in 1970 all cars destined for Ca. as their original destination were fitted with the N85 cleaner air package which was the vent tube in the trunk with the 4 vent hoses coming from the fuel tank to the tube.  You should have an additional line that runs from the tank to the engine compartment and is connected with a rubber hose to a nipple on your valve cover breather.  Look for this code on your fender tag (N85).  In this instance your car probably did not come with chrome exhaust tips as well.
Sounds like one hell of a car.  You're a lucky man :cheers:

Lennard

Quote from: kokxville on January 08, 2017, 05:01:56 PM

Good luck  :cheers:
This is Carstens profile.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3336

6bblgt

N95 - ECS "Evaporative Control System" required on all 1970 model year vehicles registered in California  :icon_smile_blackeye: '70 HEMI Charger R/Ts with N95 have N42 tips  :2thumbs: thanks "poolman"

hemi-hampton

My 70 Charger from California had this same tube you mention. among other things. All part of the N95 option. LEON.

fastmark

I've got an AAR and a 71 Challenger that both have that system on it. Neither were sold in CA. Both are from Texas dealers.

6bblgt

Quote from: fastmark on January 09, 2017, 08:54:03 AM
I've got an AAR and a 71 Challenger that both have that system on it. Neither were sold in CA. Both are from Texas dealers.

for 1971 a similar system was STANDARD on all cars & CA had additional requirements

the AAR would probably be a Y16 "SALES BANK" car - Chrysler would've made educated guesses as to how many cars they needed for dealer inventory in CA - late in the year N95 would've been shipped anywhere to make them go away.

moparchris

Sorry for my typo.  I meant N95 for the emissions package.

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: jessejames on January 08, 2017, 04:54:10 PM
Still looking for any information on my 70 Hemi Charger. The car was originally titled in Tennessee. I just learned that It may have come from California when it was new. I was at the Mopar Nationals this past summer looking at a 70 GTX. This GTX has the same equipment in the trunk that my car still has. It looks like a extra gas filler tube with some 3/8 hoses (several of them) cut into the passenger side truck extension. It's the exact same set up that I have. When I asked the guy what that was... He responded that only California cars came with that regarding emission standards. Does anyone have anymore information on this? Is it possible the car was sold in California new, then moved to Tennessee. If that is the case, I've been looking in the wrong state. It's registered with the charger registry. I've had feelers out before in the past with no luck.
Info on the car.
Purple car with white interior. white top
4 speed car
XS29R0G165349
My last resort is Mark Worman, I tried calling him once, but was unable to get a hold of him. He seems to be good at tracking the history of these cars.
Any suggestions or avenues I can try please let me know.
Jesse
414 651 4366

Hi,

I own a pretty similar car.
FC7 with white interior. white top
4 speed car
With a V6W (white longitudinal stripe)
super track Pak

My VIN is less than a 100 cars away from the one you are searching.
SPD B24

Good luck in the hunt

Carsten

Moparpoolman

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 08, 2017, 11:32:26 PM
N95 - ECS "Evaporative Control System" required on all 1970 model year vehicles registered in California & NO TIPS on HEMI cars FOR YOU!!  :nana:
Pretty sure ALL 70 Hemi Chargers with N95 still had chrome tips because ALL Hemi Chargers had resonators and only the chrome tips mate up to the resonators.

sdweatherman

Have you checked with Dodge Don over at the 1970 Charger Registry??? Don runs the registry and could at least tell you if the car has been registered. If so, he may be able to send the current owner a message from you.
Scott.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Moparpoolman

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 10, 2017, 12:49:11 AM
NO 1970 B and/or E-body HEMI CARS w/N95 & N42  :icon_smile_big:

does writing in bold letters make a false statement true?
1970 Hemi E body with N95 came with turn downs, 1970 Hemi B body with N95 came with chrome tips.  Have a nice day ;)

6pkrtse

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 08, 2017, 11:51:56 PM
My 70 Charger from California had this same tube you mention. among other things. All part of the N95 option. LEON.

My 70' Charge also is an original California car & still has everything intact including charcoal canister & everything. JesseJames, if you need any pictures of anything let me know & i can take some of whatever you need.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

6bblgt

I thought I had this understood, but I guess not  :icon_smile_blackeye:

1970 N95 - ECS "required on all cars registered in the state of California"
1970 b-body ordered with a HEMI included N42 - bright exhaust tips

so YES, '70 HEMI Charger R/Ts SOLD new in CA have both N42 & N95 (I have paperwork for 2 HEMI R/Ts so equipped: FY1 & TX9)
per the "pocket salesman" - the extra cost N42 - bright exhaust tips were N/A in CA  :shruggy: (they were INCLUDED with the HEMI & not DELETED)
how were the other HEMI b-bodies handled?  For the same reason "no turndowns for HEMI resonators" - ALL '70 HEMI b-bodies have tips!

are there any 440 4bbl or 440 Six Pack '70 Charger R/Ts (or Coronet R/Ts) with N42 & N95?
are there any N-code or V-code Super Bees or Road Runners with N42 & N95?

tips were STANDARD on the GTX, were they DELETED on non-HEMI cars destined for CA?  are there N95 440 (U/V) GTXs w/o tips & are there N95 440 (U/V) GTXs w/tips?

sorry for the hi-jack!

Dodge Don

As Jesse noted he did register the car with the 70 Charger Registry however no additional info on the car has popped up yet.

jessejames

Quote from: Dodge Don on January 11, 2017, 10:25:52 PM
As Jesse noted he did register the car with the 70 Charger Registry however no additional info on the car has popped up yet.

Thank you Don... :cheers:
And thank you to everyone that has posted. I have had so much good luck on this site with all the nice people that are always willing to help out. I've been trying to track down info on this car for some time now. The fender tag was lost in a body shop sometime n the 90's The person I bought the car from had no info and was told the shop was out of business. Just trying to track down anything I can on the car. I've called California DMV, but they were useless. Just hoping that someone might remember the car and maybe the original owner might still be around.