News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger Build - aka "Punishment"

Started by verticalflight, October 17, 2011, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verticalflight

Car for sale... www.punishmentcharger.com

Thanks for all the support on the forum!

G-man

Reading the first page and the previous page...

Then "Car is on sale"?

So it was built to be sold.

Then I click on the link and it says "Over $380,000 invested, available for $275,000."

HUH?

So you purposefully build a car for $380,000+ to sell it for a $125,000+ loss?

That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Kern Dog

I doubt that there are many cars that get built in a custom manner ever sell for what was "invested" in it. That word "invested" is such an incorrect term when speaking of a car build anyway.
How the hell do you spend $380,000 on a car???  Sure, the car looks nice but he sure paid retail for the parts and Union scale for the labor!

verticalflight

At the time of building the car was not built to be sold.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 11, 2017, 11:03:45 PM
I doubt that there are many cars that get built in a custom manner ever sell for what was "invested" in it. That word "invested" is such an incorrect term when speaking of a car build anyway.
How the hell do you spend $380,000 on a car???  Sure, the car looks nice but he sure paid retail for the parts and Union scale for the labor!

It's called a blank check. Must be nice.  :yesnod:
I would add the gas tank filler cap and get rid of those rubber band tires/rims. IMO
[/b]The hellcat power train would Trump this. :Twocents:
To each his own. Your car, your way. !! :2thumbs:
Why are you selling your pride and joy ?

Kern Dog

Yeah... the elimination of that iconic gas cap isn't what I would have done either.
I love the big wheels and tires though. This is one area where I have embraced new things. :2thumbs:

Derwud

You had me, right up to the point where you installed anything from FCA..
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

ACUDANUT

Derwud

Troy

Wow, reading is overrated...

This thread started in 2011. At that time, Fiat did not own Chrysler and the Hellcat hadn't even been dreamed up.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

crj1968

Charger_Fan

If I could afford it, I would gladly own this car! Sure, some aspects of the car are unconventional, but that's okay by me. :2thumbs:

Verticalflight, do you have another project in the works?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Bad B-rad

I just saw this and WOW.
I have always loved Chargers and the 68-70 were my fav,but I always disliked the 1970 bumper/grill.
But this car is A-MAZING!!!!!!!
I know different strokes for different folks, but for me this is the  best looking combo of work/parts on a 1970 Dodge Charger I have ever seen.
It is just an incredible ride. I love the dash,and even dig the tail lights. Just everything is TOP KNOTCH!!!!!

G-man

Quote from: verticalflight on January 11, 2017, 11:57:19 PM
At the time of building the car was not built to be sold.

So it wasn't built to be sold but as soon as it was completed it got put on sale...

I don't get it.

I just had a look at the post before the "For sale" post. It was 2013.

Guess now it makes sense  :rofl:

Derwud

Quote from: Troy on January 12, 2017, 10:31:55 AM

This thread started in 2011. At that time, Fiat did not own Chrysler and the Hellcat hadn't even been dreamed up.

Troy

Yep, REALLY OVERRATED.

Fiat Deal With Chrysler Seals Swift 42-Day Overhaul ... Published: June 10, 2009

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/11/business/global/11chrysler.html?_r=0

Troy

Quote from: Derwud on January 13, 2017, 08:45:08 AM

Troy

Yep, REALLY OVERRATED.

Fiat Deal With Chrysler Seals Swift 42-Day Overhaul ... Published: June 10, 2009

I guess your definition is different than mine...

From that article:
QuoteUnder the plan, Chrysler would emerge from bankruptcy with a union retiree trust owning 55 percent, Fiat owning a 20 percent share that could eventually grow to 35 percent and the United States and Canadian governments holding minority stakes.

Fiat did not take full control until 2014.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-01-01/fiat-agrees-to-buy-rest-of-chrysler-in-4-35-billion-deal

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Derwud

Quote from: Troy on January 13, 2017, 11:32:29 AM
Quote from: Derwud on January 13, 2017, 08:45:08 AM

Troy

Yep, REALLY OVERRATED.

I guess your definition is different than mine...

From that article:
QuoteUnder the plan, Chrysler would emerge from bankruptcy with a union retiree trust owning 55 percent, Fiat owning a 20 percent share that could eventually grow to 35 percent and the United States and Canadian governments holding minority stakes.

Fiat did not take full control until 2014.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-01-01/fiat-agrees-to-buy-rest-of-chrysler-in-4-35-billion-deal

Troy

Just happy to be called out on it..

So do you think Retiree trust or the US and Canadian Governments were making Business decisions?? "Fiat took management control in 2009 and this year finished acquiring 100% of Chrysler." GM would have been a better buyer..

So back on topic now please.

WHITE AND RED 69

Bummer to hear that it is up for sale.

I saw this car at a show a few years ago and it is stunning! It takes a lot of work to build a car of this quality.  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Memphis Mopar

This is one of the best pro touring cars I have ever seen.  :cheers: