News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500 Grille

Started by 69_500, January 17, 2006, 11:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69Charger500 on January 18, 2006, 09:17:46 AM
and a vintage pic from around 1971 or 1972...

It looks like in the vintage pic the "500" is more on centerline with the "Charger."

I would not be suprised to see them literally all over the place on original cars.

The new 2006 Daytona emblems mount the same way, except they "snap" into the honeycombs, and it is really hard to get them all the same!!
Mine is the same as your vintage picture, there is 2 spaces between Charger and 500 and 4 or 5 spaces between "500" and the headlight.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Charger Aficionado

Coronet emblem placed the same?

EDIT: 
Here is a coronet R/T...  Looks like 5-spaces as well...

69_500

I think that they probably all have little differences,  maybe they were intended to all be in the same spot, but the workers are human and really didn't care so they might have put some on even upside down.

Just was wondering where everyone else had theirs at, so I can get an idea of which way I like mine best. Was hoping 69Charger500 would post the information he was looking for. The exact location where it was supposed to be.

Anyone else think that there has been a rash of 69 500 threads lately? I like it.

Highbanked Hauler

The time has come,there was a white 500 on ebay that hit 60K and didn't sell.A few years ago I couldn't get mine insured for $15,000
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

I agree Al, the time has come for some serious money to be dropped on 500's. However I personally don't care what value my car has. I told my wife when I bought it, I don't care if 15 years from now I couldn't sell the car for $500. I feel the same way today. I love these cars for what they are, not for what value they are. It wouldn't bother me if I paid $50K for a Charger 500 and then 20 years from now couldn't give it away, because for one I dont intend on parting with any of the aero cars I ever purchase. But yes their time has come, they are finally getting close to the money they should for their rariety.

Ghoste

The MIke Russo car went to Harold Sullivan who sold it to a guy here just across the river from Detroit.  The car that made me fall in love with the 69 500's and it was right here under my nose and I never even knew it!  My cousin does a lot of the mechanical work for the guy who has it.  I drove by one day and his shop door was open and I thought I saw a 500 and I inquired but I was told that the only Charger he had was a 70 RT (also going to be auctioned) so I figured the light was playing tricks.
So always follow up the slightest of leads I guess.

69_500

I have a few pictures of that car from when Mike Russo owned it, then I hadn't heard or seen of it until 2 years ago at the Chrysler Classic in columbus. Went to the show to check out the Daytona's and saw 1 and only 1 Charger 500 in the survivor tent. Went over got to checking it out, and wound up getting permission from the owner to shoot several rolls of film of the car. Shot about 3 rolls of it in the tent, and 5 more when he pulled it outside of the tent.

Gorgeous car, with a stack of documentation and history. Would love to own it, but unless I make a career change, or hit the lottery I never will.

Ghoste

As a minor point of interest, Russo's custom plate is still with the car.  I assume it will stay with it when it goes to the next caretaker in February.

69_500

Are you refering to the one that reads HEMI 500?

Man I want to go to the auction in February so badly. I just want to know who the car goes to so that I can continue to follow its history.

Ghoste

Yes, that plate.  I will be able to track the car.  I hope I will be working that auction so that I can talk to whoever buys it. 

69_500

Ah so your going to the Auction then? Good at least someone will follow the whereabouts of the car.

Ghoste

I don't know if I'll be there or not.  I should be able to find out afterwards where it goes at the very least.  The downside may be that if it goes to one of RM's regular buyers and he is someone who demands privacy, I won't violate that.

69_500

Well, I was thinking of trying to go, but after today it looks like I'll be starting a new job on February 6th, so it won't be so easy to try to get off of work that soon after starting.
Glad to hear to at least some people hold true to the privacy wants of others. I certainly hope it goes to a person who will take it to shows, and allow the rest of the public see the car. It is definately a piece of history.

Ghoste

And I'm glad you'll be working again shortly.

69_500

Yuppers and I'm sure my wife will be glad too. Then again when I go back to work it will be back to just postin on here in the mornings, which means many times the good threads get locked before I ever get to reply.

So after that date just count on one comment in each 500 thread or aero thread per day.

By the way do ya just stay logged in to this all day long or what? I've been in and out of the house 5 times today, and get on here in between and everytime I post you have a response.

Ghoste

My 8 year old is sick today so I stayed home with her.

69_500

well nothing better to do on a day off than chat about aero cars now is there?

Or at least to me there isn't anythin better, well maybe if my wife had called in sick today and we took my son to someone else's house for the day. :yesnod: