News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird on Ebay with One Hell of a Story

Started by 68X426, November 01, 2011, 02:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

FLG

Didnt get that hot?? Dents dings?? What is he smoking??? Looks like the damn gas tank exploded! The damn engine bay is down to just about bare engine.

"Yeah its got a few dents/dings and minor fire damage, ya know, the kind that show up when a building thats engulfed in flames falls on top of a car, nothing major...car didnt even get that hot, few hundred degrees...nothing crazy"

mysil bergsprekken

Hehe, this guy keeps on surprising me the further I read his story, which it is yeas, quite a story.

I like especially.
"The way I see it there are 3 ways to restore this car.

Option 1,  buy a roadrunner/satellite as a donor car and put all the superbird parts on it.  Quick easy, within a year your driving a 440 6 pack superbird.

Option 2, Restore this body and buy a bunch of replacement panels.  Also quick and easy."

VERY very quick and easy I would say!  :yesnod: NO issues here. No more than a 12pack operation.
And for only 45k, amazing.

Would you buy it?
69 charger RT

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

yeah remember this ad from a while back!!  :lol:

at first glance the car  don't look good !!   :smilielol: thats great !!  but looks are deciving !!  & did not get that hot  :smilielol: :pigsfly:  

don't normaly laugh at a nother guys ad !! but Damn this must be a joke surly  the way the ad is written  :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mysil bergsprekken

69 charger RT

mysil bergsprekken

Quote from: tan top on November 01, 2011, 07:11:27 AM
yeah remember this ad from a while back!!  :lol:

at first glance the car  don't look good !!   :smilielol: thats great !!  but looks are deciving !!  & did not get that hot  :smilielol: :pigsfly:  

don't normaly laugh at a nother guys ad !! but Damn this must be a joke surly  the way the ad is written  :shruggy:

I sure hope you're right (that this ad is a joke), but something tells me it aint.

The story doesn't start as fresh: "one of them guys that think he could make money on muscle cars, worth 200k etc, hehe, couldn't pay for it ..blablabla... lit it on fire.... insurance claim...

The only thing this guy is missing from his story is the interuption of the mafia and a homicide, to make it a complete mess. And it is probably going to happen if he tricks someone to pay 45k for it...
69 charger RT

Golden-Arm

old news. it's been up four times now, with the same ad. knock 40K off the price, and it's a more realistic number.

RallyeMike

The question is does the guy actually 1) believe the shit he says in that ad, or 2) think that someone is stupid enough to agree with his assessment of that car's potential to be repaired?

Either way, it's easy to see something is very :down:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

A383Wing

looks like the headlight buckets melted away as well

Benji

If the story is true (which is not very likely) the owner who "set fire to the place and collected on the insurance" would have been arrested for fraud and would be in prison now.  I was an insurance adjustor for a number of years and this story is simply too much to believe.  He must think insurance companies look for ways to pay fraudelant claims.  The guy needs to come up with a better more believable story.

Benji

wingcarenvy

I looked at that car in 2008 I think? Anyways It was in a warehouse fire that warped every panel it didn't melt. I had a lot of pics of it. I think the right guy could restore it but man not much of it would be left. Oh and the asking price was 10k. This clown on Ebay is selling the VIN and fendertag and thinks he will be able to retire on the proceeds. This is the lowest life form here boys.

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on November 02, 2011, 07:28:55 PM
I looked at that car in 2008 I think? Anyways It was in a warehouse fire that warped every panel it didn't melt. I had a lot of pics of it. I think the right guy could restore it but man not much of it would be left. Oh and the asking price was 10k. This clown on Ebay is selling the VIN and fendertag and thinks he will be able to retire on the proceeds. This is the lowest life form here boys.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  there are a few thread on here about the car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mysil bergsprekken

Quote from: wingcarenvy on November 02, 2011, 07:28:55 PM

I hear you!
69 charger RT

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701