News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2012 Winged Warriors / DSAC National Meet colorado june 25-29

Started by moparstuart, October 23, 2011, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

JUNE 25-29 2012: Colorado Springs, CO, WW/NBOA and DSAC National Meet with Jim Klovas and the Southern Colorado Mopars at hosts. Tentative activities include tour of the Air Force Academy, Canyon City and the Royal Gorge, chuckwagon dinner at Flying W Ranch. The meet starts the day following the NSRA Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals which is held in Pueblo, only 35 miles from our headquarters hotel. If you like cars, come early and see over 2,500 of them! You can check that out beforehand at: www.nsra-usa.com. Our headquarters hotel is the Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs, 2886 South Circle Drive. They have hosted many car events of up to 600 participants int he past and have plenty of trailer parking available. Our group will have reserved parking for our cars and there will be a car wash station on site. Our special room rate is $95 per night which includes a continental breakfast for two. Other amenities include a 24-hour fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, a Jacuzzi and three restaurants on the property. You can make reservations by calling 1-800-593-5447 or online at www.CrownePlaza.com. Be sure to tell them you want in the Winged Warriors block of rooms. If you have any questions or suggestions for this event, feel free to contact Jim at (719) 561-4587 or email to: klovas5828@comcast.net. You can see things in the Colorado Springs area at: www.visitcos.com

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Who's driving?  We might chicken out and fly.  We drove a regular car to Rapid City and that wasn't bad.  Sucks to not have the car, but that's a two day drive...

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: pettybird on October 23, 2011, 07:47:58 PM
Who's driving?  We might chicken out and fly.  We drove a regular car to Rapid City and that wasn't bad.  Sucks to not have the car, but that's a two day drive...

At 1400 miles, a long two day drive at that...  for me, at 705 miles, it is almost in-state.  ;)

I currently plan on driving, but not sure what I will take... maybe the C500 if the stars line up.  :shruggy:

Or I might just go in my Ram or SRT...
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Aero426

Wow, that has to be one lonnnnnnnng boring drive across Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.  

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Aero426 on October 26, 2011, 10:23:35 AM
Wow, that has to be one lonnnnnnnng boring drive across Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.  

About the first 500 miles of my drive will be  booooring too... not my favorite tour of Texas!  :P
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

pettybird

it's murder.  we did that route coming back from rapid city in mom's mercury sable.  it's numbing, just like the highway scenes in Two Lane Blacktop!

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 26, 2011, 11:06:17 AM

it's murder.  we did that route coming back from rapid city in mom's mercury sable.  it's numbing, just like the highway scenes in Two Lane Blacktop!

could be worse , you didnt decide to route across kansas , now that is the worst  :icon_smile_big:

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on October 26, 2011, 11:59:50 AM

could be worse , you didnt decide to route across kansas , now that is the worst  :icon_smile_big:

yeah...that place is chock full of weirdos.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 26, 2011, 12:25:53 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 26, 2011, 11:59:50 AM

yeah...that place is chock full of weirdos.
not just that  , it is dry flat, ugly   and goes on and on

hemigeno

Quote from: pettybird on October 26, 2011, 11:06:17 AM

Heywood Banks made a song about that drive (at least the part through Iowa on I-80):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyeY0hWU28I

moparstuart

Mopurr

wow, you said I live in a boring state.......   I can point out cool places to go over the beaten path in Indiana and of course for IL it would be south

69_500

Quote from: Mopurr on October 26, 2011, 08:18:33 PM
wow, you said I live in a boring state.......   I can point out cool places to go over the beaten path in Indiana and of course for IL it would be south

You gotta admit that plenty of Indiana is boring to drive through. I am not going to say that I'll make this one (because last year I said I was going to go but my son had a baseball tournament that weekend and I couldn't make it) but I am already first in line at my work for those dates off for next year.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

pettybird

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on October 29, 2011, 04:30:20 PM
Are these usually well-attended events?

the fewer who ask this question and simply show up the better attended they get  ;)

hergfest

So the meet is Monday through Friday?  Seems like an odd choice of days.

moparstuart

Quote from: hergfest on November 07, 2011, 12:53:09 AM
So the meet is Monday through Friday?  Seems like an odd choice of days.
gives you weekends before and after for travel time ,  lets east and west coast people attend and have time to get home  . 

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Kismgby

Mopurr

dreamcatcher

Well I might try again...just moved Christine up to Keystone,SD last week so wouldn't be a real long trip for me this time.I have at least been driving her some and well so far so good.  :coolgleamA:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

chargermike

colorado springs is a beautiful city. great views and you can drive up pikes peak. over 14000 feet tall. are they holding the event at the race track. southern colorado mopar guys are all nice people. have done shows with them. lots of mopars here in colorado and this sounds like fun. i will be there with my clan of mopar freaks. hope to meet some of you.  see you there :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

moparstuart

JUNE 25-29: Colorado Springs, CO, WW/NBOA and DSAC National Meet with Jim Klovas and the Southern Colorado Mopars as hosts. There are several activities that you must make reservations for. Please read through the schedule and make your reservations at these places before the dates specified.

Monday June 25: Arrivals and meet and greet at the hotel. We may have a pizza party in the evening.

Tuesday June 26: We will drive out to Canyon City where we will board the Royal Gorge Route Railroad for a two-hour train ride through the beautiful country, through the gorge along the Arkansas River and under the world's highest suspension bridge. The train departs at 12:30 pm and we must be there at least 45 minutes before departure. Afterwards we will have a late lunch at Big Daddy's Diner just around the corner from the train depot; best shakes you ever had. You have two choices for seating on the train: Coach which are climate-controlled 1950s vintage railcars, regular price $28 adult; $18.70 child 3-12 , or Vista Dome which is a classic 1950s dome car with panoramic views, regular price $49.30 adult; $39.95 child 3-12. IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO GO ON THE TRAIN RIDE, YOU MUST CALL 1-888-724-5478, EXT 150 FOR RESERVATIONS BEFORE MAY 26TH! USE THE CODE "WWDSAC" TO GET OUR SPECIAL GROUP RATE.  In the evening, we'll join the cruise night at Culvers just a stone's throw from the host hotel.

Wednesday June 27: We'll spend the day at the Air Force Academy with Maj. Ron Roberts setting this up for us. We'll have several very special photo ops and special access to areas not normally seen by the touring public. (If any security issues arise, we'll have a Plan B for this day.) From there, we will convoy back to the Crowne Plaza.

Thursday June 28: Open day for those who want to venture up to Pikes Peak or go sight seeing to Garden of the Gods or the Broadmoor, etc. Jim will have information on everything to do and see in the area. In the evening we'll go to the Flying W Ranch for a chuckwagon supper that consists of tender slices of beef or BBQ chicken, foil wrapped potatoes, Flying W beans, chunky apple sauce, old fashioned spice cake, biscuits, coffee, lemonade or iced tea. After supper, we will be entertained by the Flying W Wranglers who all play several different instruments and specialize in beautiful three-part vocal harmonies about the romantic American Cowboy with some western humor. This is the old West at its best. The price is $25 general admission; $23 Seniors 60+ and active duty Military; Child 5-12 $15; Child 1-4 free. IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE FLYING W CHUCKWAGON SUPPER AND SHOW, YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATION BEFORE MAY 26TH! CALL 1-800-232-3599 AND USE THE CODE "T-1" TO GET IN OUR BLOCK OF SEATS.

Our headquarters hotel is the Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs, 2886 South Circle Drive. They have hosted many car events of up to 600 participants in the past and have plenty of trailer parking available. Our group will have reserved parking for our cars. Our special room rate is $95 per night which includes a continental breakfast for two, and we'll have our own special breakfast room. RESERVATIONS NEED TO BE MADE BY MAY 25TH FOR THIS SPECIAL RATE AND USE THE CODE BBD! Other amenities include a 24-hour fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, a Jacuzzi and three restaurants on the property. You can make reservations by phone at 1-800-981-4012 or online at www.CrownePlaza.com   Mr Brightside car wash which is located just down the street from the hotel, has given us tokens to use also. Our meet starts the day following the NSRA Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals which is held in Pueblo, only 35 miles from our headquarters hotel. If you like cars, come early and see over 2,500 of them! You can check that out beforehand at: www.nsra-usa.com.  Also, for those of you who may want to stay on after the meet ends and go sightseeing, Jim has arranged for secure free parking for your trailers, cars, trucks. If you have any questions or suggestions for this event, feel free to contact Jim at (719) 561-4587 or email to: klovas5828@comcast.net. You can see things in the Colorado Springs area at: www.visitcos.com

talkiemopar

Hello, Hello, Hello
been quite a while but I have just connected talkiemopar so you can all enjoy his gab.  I need a rest (secretary)  I probably won't be a the National Meet unless we drive the Yukon - I need air and we can then visit my sister in Washington State.  Or Rick would like to drive both the Bird and my car and part the Bird local until we get back that way.  BUT, the cost of gas might prevent two vehicles.  Ah well. 

Someone make me an offer on all the stuff Ricks got stored around here or I may have to call Mike Atlins and have him bring an 18 wheeler to haul the car parts and all to Sweetwater.  We can't hardly get thru the office room to use these computers.

Rick turned 70 on 1/29 and I think times catching up with his body but not his mouth.   :lol: :'( :'( :'(  Why don't you have a smiley for talking?   
Later
Z secretary

moparstuart

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
Quote from: talkiemopar on February 13, 2012, 04:05:21 PM
Hello, Hello, Hello
been quite a while but I have just connected talkiemopar so you can all enjoy his gab.  I need a rest (secretary)  I probably won't be a the National Meet unless we drive the Yukon - I need air and we can then visit my sister in Washington State.  Or Rick would like to drive both the Bird and my car and part the Bird local until we get back that way.  BUT, the cost of gas might prevent two vehicles.  Ah well.  

Someone make me an offer on all the stuff Ricks got stored around here or I may have to call Mike Atlins and have him bring an 18 wheeler to haul the car parts and all to Sweetwater.  We can't hardly get thru the office room to use these computers.

Rick turned 70 on 1/29 and I think times catching up with his body but not his mouth.   :lol: :'( :'( :'(  Why don't you have a smiley for talking?  
Later
Z secretary
lol  tell him hello sherry  , he can let me take his bird back to kansas with me , I will keep it safe till you come back by for it   :icon_smile_big:  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: