News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2012 Winged Warriors / DSAC National Meet colorado june 25-29

Started by moparstuart, October 23, 2011, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

From DSAC member Chuck Porter regarding the Colorado meet.

"National Meet Thoughts.
I had the unusual opportunity of finding myself in Colorado Springs the weekend of Feb. 18th and 19th.
So while there, my son Chuck and I decided to check out some of the area sights and the H/Q hotel for this Junes joint national meet. This is going to be an AWESOME MEET!!! We stayed at the hotel Saturday night and it was great, as was the service of the staff. Sunday breakfast was also not to be beat. We checked out and decided to try the Pikes Peak drive. We made it 16 of the 19 mile trip. The road was drifted shut. We tried to set up a short meeting with our meet host Jim Klovas, but he came down ill with the flu and did not care to share. Seems to be going around this time of year. In closing I hope to see all who care to attend, and I hope Gas prices don't affect the attendance to much. None of us are getting any younger and this is surely one for the scrap books."
Chuck Porter

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparchris

I'm going to try and make this meet with the Hemi C-500.  Do I need to be a member of any clubs to participate?

moparstuart

You probable should join one of the clubs , or really both . The news letters from both clubs alone are worth the fee's . But i'm sure if you just show up no one will send you away  .   :icon_smile_big:   

Patronus

Sweet! Just saw this, will definitely be there. Could I get an idea of any vendors going to be there??
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Aero426

No vendors that I know of.   Just a bunch of friendly aero car enthusiasts. 

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Redbird

Before folks start the trip, I would suggest that they consider a plan to help avoid vapor lock in their cars.

Big block engines in a small engine compartment with a mechanical fuel pump and a fuel line with questionable routing combined with current gas tend not to react well with high altitude and summer heat.

Also, unless folks re-jet the carbs-and even if they do, power will be down. A transmission cooler may be needed in some cars depending on specific conditions.

Arnie Cunningham

I am going to try and make this event.  This would be the first Aero car meet I have attended even though I have had my car more than 30 years.  Strange.  I doubt I will bring my car as it is in North Dakota and I am in Nevada.  That would be quite a bit of travel, although anything is possible.  Looking forward to attending.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

moparchris

I am getting ready to plan my drive to the meet.  What is the plan for Monday?  Is it a day for everybody to arrive?  Right now I 'm looking at getting to Colorado Springs around lunch time Monday.
Chris

mauve66

man that would be sweet, really miss living in C.S., we used to be able to tell what time of day it was in the summer when the clouds rolled over NORAD and it rained, 2-3:30 everyday for about 20 mins
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

pettybird

damn...this thread is quieter than mine was last year. 

We're flying in monday--we simply can't take the time to drive and still see what we want to see.

who else is going???

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on June 22, 2012, 09:34:25 AM
damn...this thread is quieter than mine was last year. 

We're flying in monday--we simply can't take the time to drive and still see what we want to see.

who else is going???
sadly not me again this year  wave at me as you fly over 

mauve66

someone will post pics this week for those of us that are disabled.....................please............... :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Arnie Cunningham

Cheryl and I are in the area.  We will be down monday afternoon.  Will stay with friends in woodland park if the fires dont evac everyone.  Or we will stay in Brighton.  Will people be gathering in any one spot monday?
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

moparstuart

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on June 24, 2012, 07:01:43 PM
Cheryl and I are in the area.  We will be down monday afternoon.  Will stay with friends in woodland park if the fires dont evac everyone.  Or we will stay in Brighton.  Will people be gathering in any one spot monday?
usually the hotel and they will have a hositality room for use by all

Arnie Cunningham

Headed that way after lunch.  Going to take the back way highway 83 just in case i25 is full up.  The word on the fires is that 24 up into the mountains is closed.  As long as you aren't in manitou springs everything is cool.

HPP

As far as I have heard, this meet is still on. The area is smoky and if you have breathing issues, it may be rough on you as shifting winds regularly bring heavy smoke from the fires in to the city. Highway 24 west of Colorado Springs is closed, access to Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods is closed. Manitou Springs evacuations have been rescinded and everyone has returned home, but it is very smokey up there. The fun cruise to Royal Gorge and Canon City is a go as Highway 50 is not impacted by the fire west of Colrado Springs. Activities at the Flying W Ranch and Air Force Academy are still on, but may be cancelled contingent upon conditions.

Arnie Cunningham

Any plans for this evening?

What time tuesday is everyone heading for royal gorge?

Aero426

Hearing that Flying W Ranch is cancelled because it is a staging area for firefighters.    Air Force Academy picnic lunch is still on.

moparstuart

I hear they are having a good turn out , but between the heat and the thin air some vapor locking is occuring . 

Aero426

Chuck's Superbird is on the side of the road with vapor lock.   He is running a new Atomic EFI with an external pump.    It really needs to be in the tank and he says it's eleventy billion degrees out today. 

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on June 26, 2012, 01:12:43 PM
Chuck's Superbird is on the side of the road with vapor lock.   He is running a new Atomic EFI with an external pump.    It really needs to be in the tank and he says it's eleventy billion degrees out today.  
wow EFI even  , thats cool he has EFI . I would love to see that set up .     Yup IN tank will for sure cool the pump some .  

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: just an hour ago at the royal gorge rail road

maybe moparchris's Green hemi 500 there next to the blue 88 car of james keeler 

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on June 26, 2012, 01:45:59 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on June 26, 2012, 01:12:43 PM
Chuck's Superbird is on the side of the road with vapor lock.   He is running a new Atomic EFI with an external pump.    It really needs to be in the tank and he says it's eleventy billion degrees out today.  
wow EFI even  , thats cool he has EFI . I would love to see that set up .     Yup IN tank will for sure cool the pump some .  

He was out of time before the meet to get the pump into the tank.    The engine is fresh and the car was not running until last Sunday.  

The good:  
Car starts immediately like an FI car should.
Throttle response is very nice
Hard to detect with the dual snorkel air cleaner on.  

The bad:
Car has a bad stumble off idle.     The system was still learning when I drove it on Wednesday night.     I don't think it has cleared itself up yet.   He played with the pump shot settings to no avail.    So this needs some work.  

The ECM part of the system is on the side of the throttle body where it says "MSD".