News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2012 Winged Warriors / DSAC National Meet colorado june 25-29

Started by moparstuart, October 23, 2011, 12:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparchris

Just got back to Az. this morning from the meet.  It was great to meet people and renew old friendships, but the devastation to Co. Springs is almost to much to believe.  I could moan that I put 2,000 miles on my car for one day of activity, but that is of no weight compared to what the residents are going through.  Our hotel was being used as one of the main emergency housing shelters for the evacuees of the area.  Airforce personnel were everywhere.
On a brighter note, it was a pure joy to drive the Hemi C500 for 2,000 miles.  It reminded me of being a young buck when I drove the muscle cars everyday to school and work.  The car never missed a beat and drove effortlessly the whole time.  I told people it was like driving a new car but without the A/C, power steering, power brakes, windows, stereo, navigation etc...
Here are some pictures.  I will have some comment on the other green hemi C500.

moparchris

The first two pictures are of some of the cars in the parking lot of the Royal Gorge train depot.
The last two show my friend Bob Kerbs' cars parked next to mine.  Bob is the last remaining original owner of a Hemi Daytona.  Bob also owns the 69 Hemi 500 that is currently painted F6.  This car was originally F8.  As you can see there is quite a contrast next to my car.  I thought it was cool that our cars are so close in vin's.  His 500 is 210753 and mine is 210742.  I'm sure the cars were probably made in the same batch of hemi 500's.  Bobs' is an automatic car.
Below is a picture I took this morning of the 500 in front of an abandoned rt66 gas station and service store.

hemi68charger

Great pictures Chris... Glad your trip was nice.... I hear ya on the fires,,, really really sad......... 
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

Quote from: moparstuart on June 26, 2012, 03:33:02 PM
  someday  , but the six pac set up i want is like 7 grand   :icon_smile_big:

with a F.A.S.T. controller
and these???

http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/index.htm

i see the promised land too brother.........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

moparstuart

Quote from: mauve66 on June 28, 2012, 06:47:54 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 26, 2012, 03:33:02 PM
  someday  , but the six pac set up i want is like 7 grand   :icon_smile_big:

with a F.A.S.T. controller
and these???

http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/index.htm

i see the promised land too brother.........................
yup but 7 grand aint in my budget
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

i keep hoping it will come down some, the F.A.S.T. part is the expensive part, the throttle bodies are only 2800, still alot though........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Arnie Cunningham

Thanks to Jim and all who did their best to put the meet together.
Brennan R. Cook
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.