News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bajaherbies' '73 charger.....

Started by bajaherbie, June 13, 2011, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bajaherbie

i thought i might take a minute or three and introduce myself and the charger..... my name is scott and have been an automotive enthusiast all of my life, currently 51 years old with a wife, 23 yr old daughter, and an almost 16 year old son living in SW oklahoma. i have owned volkswagens for nearly 20 years- a '65 baja built for off-roading and sand dune trips. i also own a '73 VW karmann ghia coupe that i purchased for my daughter as her first car.

now comes in the charger to the scene... my son is somewhat of an auto nut and has been dreaming  of his first car for the past year. he literally wore the tires and paint off of his hot wheels/matchbox cars when he was little and a few years ago his room was a tribute to the general lee, orange walls, a rebel flag, etc.... a '69 charger was out of the question but we did find a '73 in fair condition i think. it has a 318, headers, 4 bbl. and an automatic with floor shift/console.. the front and rear bumpers, taillights, and hideaway headlights, are from a '72. insterior is pieced together also with '72 seats, console, and door panels. wheels/tires are from an '07 charger, not sure if i like them or not though.

have lots to do, fix blinkers, left brake light, hook up heater hoses and control cables, tune the motor a bit better, detail bumpers and plastic, and a bunch of other things i can't remember now i have a ton of questions to ask and i know i'll sound like an idiot with some of my questions so please forgive me for my lack of charger knowlege. i have been lurking and searching here for the past two weeks and have found this to be the best place for all things charger :yesnod:

here are a few more pictures...

E5 Charger

Beautiful 73! Welcome to the site!  :2thumbs:

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

nvrbdn

welcome, your son has a great eye for cars. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

elanmars

looks good, wheels don't but that's okay. bulge hood and the flip headlights make the 73-74s look fantastic, I think those two years have the best body for the 3rd generation Chargers, just wasn't thought the regular grille was OK. Had I kept my '73, the way that car is, is how I'd have done it up!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bajaherbie

update.... new wheels and tires! bought a set of crager "D" wheels from summit racing and a set of firestone firehawk indy 500's from my local firestone/bridgestone dealer. also have installed new shocks, radiator, wiper motor, door and window seals and a few other items. my son is really enjoying his first car, and is interested in taking an automotive class at the vo-tech while he is in high school! new headers and exhaust will be going in soon...

WhiteLightninn

And to think...you didn't think the new wheels i picked out would look good on her!  :drool5:

nvrbdn

got the same ones on my cougar. love that look :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

R6red4spd69RT

Those new rims/tires put muscle into Muscle Car, good job!!

xpbprox

Man those rims really make the car, great choice