News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTB 22 Win Auto Ammunition

Started by troy.70R/T, October 30, 2011, 01:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

Well I just thought I would give you guys a try and see if anyone has any of this Ammunition that they don't have the gun for and would be willing to sell it. I am looking for .22 Win Auto ammunition this is diffrent that regular .22 Ammunition. This is an obsolete ammo that is not produced anymore. I want to find some so I can actually shoot my winchester model 1903 rifle.    Any help would be appreciated.

draftingmonkey

Goodluck.  The 1903 and .22 Win Auto are unique to each other. From my gun forums if you are lucky enough to find any it will come at a premium price. 

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

draftingmonkey

Quote from: John_Kunkel on October 30, 2011, 04:35:22 PM

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/.22_WRF

Sorry but .22 WMR, .22 WRF and .22LR will NOT work. Take a gander on Wikipedia and you will see the dimensional differences between these various rounds.

troy.70R/T

Thanks for the link John, but no that is not what I am looking for. I have been all over the internet in the past years and just thought I would see if any of you guys knew of any oldtimers that might have some. Winchester designed the .22 Win Auto cartridge diffrent so people could not shoot regular .22 ammo thru it because at the time most .22 ammo was still made with black powder which would gun up the rifle If used in it. Winchester stopped making the ammo in the 1970's but a few companies made some limited runs of of the ammo. The last run to my knowledge was in the 1990's but a company called Western Scrounger in Mexico.  I know I should probably sell the gun but then I bet they would start reproducing it. :brickwall:

moparguy01

Good luck finding some that somebody doesn't want a small fortune for. Maybe you can get the gun rechambered?

MoparSam

Yep, I had a full box of Western Lubaloys in a collection of antique cartridges.  I sold 75% of it, but I may have kept those because of the rairity.  I know those are the only ones I have ever seen.  If I find them, I'll let you know.  Btw what year is your 1903?
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

John_Kunkel

troy.70R/T

Ok, Thanks MoparSam. My Model 1903 was made in 1909. It was my Grandpa's and then my Dad had it after he passed away.  Thanks again For the link John. I have that site in my favorites as well and just checked the other day and he did not have any in the $40.00 range but he told me he just posted the Remington ones today. I hate to say it but I never thought I would spend $40.00 For a box of 50 .22 shells.  :o    Now I guess I can shoot it ten times a year for the next 5 years. Hopefully I can find some a little cheaper or they start remaking them again. Thanks again.

vancamp

vancamp

troy.70R/T

I have bee to both of thoses site and unfortunantly you will notice that it say not avaliable at the bottom :brickwall:

vancamp

Quote from: troy.70R/T on October 31, 2011, 09:16:31 PM
I have bee to both of thoses site and unfortunantly you will notice that it say not avaliable at the bottom :brickwall:
oops didn notice that, I'll keep an eye out for some for ya

MoparSam

Well Troy,  I found the sheet that I listed all the sold ammo on and that box (1950's) was sold along with a full box of 1960's era .460 Weatherby Magnums and .270 Weatherby Magnums. I will definitely keep an eye out for ya, who knows I might talk the guy out of them.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

John_Kunkel

Quote from: troy.70R/T on October 31, 2011, 08:29:06 PM
I hate to say it but I never thought I would spend $40.00 For a box of 50 .22 shells.  

I have a .454 Casull so I'm used to spending $45 for 50 rounds....I now it's more bang but it's still $45.

I also have an old Jap 9MM revolver that's pretty hard to find ammo for and pay about the same for it...old and scarce means more $$$$.

troy.70R/T

Thanks for all the help and keeping an eye out for me. I think I am going to see if the folks at the V.F.W. and the Eagles will let me post a want ad on their bulliten board. Since it an older I might as well try to target the crowd that those guns years ago.

moparguy01

Try calling sportsmanship guide in mn. They tend to acquire lots of older ammo, and sometimes have old stuff not listed.

vancamp

I found two boxes at a gun shop about an hour from my house, I bought both if you can find out the best way to ship ammunition and send me your address to heathvancamp@gmail.com there yours.

troy.70R/T

Thanks for keeping an eye out Vancamp I appreciate it.  I sent you a PM.

troy.70R/T

I got the Shells today Vancamp.  :2thumbs: thanks for keeping an eye out for me. I wish I could find some more that cheap. :drool5:.  I sent to $$$$ today. Please let me know when you get it. I am going shooting this weekend. :2thumbs: Here is a pic for everyone for comparison. The one on the left is a .22 Winchester Automatic round (Win Auto).  The one on the right is Regular .22 long rifle.

vancamp

Glad I could help, I will keep my eye out for some more, I am a frequent visitor to a lot of gun shops :D

troy.70R/T

Thanks Heath. I appreciate it. Troy  :2thumbs:

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

fatty

Tilar

Is that something you can reload?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.