News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona nose to fender gaskets

Started by held1823, June 18, 2019, 02:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

ok, who all makes these gaskets for a daytona?

both of these vendors have the exact same part number, but aren't even close on price.

chances are both were made by the same source, but i'm often wrong

anyone else offer them? i know i've read that none are superb, but who sells the best of what's available?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

birdsandbees

I imagine Jim is just selling Dales Cuda shops parts at his usual 60% mark up.

I'd be more tempted to go with Detroit Muscles..

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/mopar-b-body-69-daytona-fender-to-nose-seals/
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Mopar John

Quote from: birdsandbees on June 18, 2019, 08:03:39 AM
I imagine Jim is just selling Dales Cuda shops parts at his usual 60% mark up.

I'd be more tempted to go with Detroit Muscles..

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/mopar-b-body-69-daytona-fender-to-nose-seals/
I agree with Wayne!
Detroit Muscle Technologies has the best reproduction parts available!
MJ

chargervert

Do yourself a big favor, and don't buy anything from Jims!

moparstuart

Quote from: chargervert on June 18, 2019, 08:20:40 AM
Do yourself a big favor, and don't buy anything from Jims!
yup heard that many times before   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bfan

All of the vendors for this particular part are buying from Dale's Cuda Shop.  Many of these unique parts which have a very limited market are quickly beginning to dry up.  So for those who are needing some of these pieces, I can only suggest not waiting for another day as Charley has cut back significantly on the manufacturing side since his Father passed away.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

held1823

thanks for the replies. probably safe to assume this is also the one made by dale's, but without the huge price mark-up

i will order one today.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

another question.  i assumed this part was identical to the one from a 70 charger, but see DMT lists two different part numbers/prices?

also, i started two other threads regarding seals for the nose, and would love feedback on those as well
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

bonus score

the website automatically popped in a 10% discount when i ordered them. thanks for bringing this source to my attention
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

held1823

two days later, parts are in hand. look to be well made. excellent service by DMT

i have the pieces that came off of the 70 fenders, so i can reuse the metal from those for the upper 2/3rds of these, and will have to come up with something for the lower part.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Mopar John

Ernie,
Do the DMT gaskets have the mold line where the 70 Charger seal would end?
The early reproductions had those lines that you could spot a mile away!
On the metal strips you can see if any one that has some junk 70 Charger fenders has any extras that you could cut down.
MJ

held1823

here you go, john.

these are from my phone, i will get better ones with the dslr before we use them
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Mopar John

Ernie,
Thanks for the added pictures of your seals!
You can see a line across the inside just over half way down.
But it looks like they took care of the line on the outside.
These should look great when installed!
MJ

odcics2

Quote from: Mopar John on June 20, 2019, 06:11:25 PM
Ernie,
MJ

Hey John, post a pic of the NOS seal you got from me.  There is a pronounced mold line on the outside where the "1970" part became the "69 1/2" Daytona part! 

:cheers:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mopar John

Quote from: odcics2 on June 20, 2019, 09:30:54 PM
Quote from: Mopar John on June 20, 2019, 06:11:25 PM
Ernie,
MJ

Hey John, post a pic of the NOS seal you got from me.  There is a pronounced mold line on the outside where the "1970" part became the "69 1/2" Daytona part! 

Greg,
Thanks for asking me to dig out my NOS drivers side seal!
In my first picture I show an overall view of the part.
The second picture shows the part number 2998 699 and vendor number 42332 molded in the part.
The third picture shows how they chopped off part of another seal and joined the 2 pieces together.
The last picture shows the outside seam.
I had this backwards as you can see the originals look poorly done and are easy to spot!
MJ
P.S. If anyone has a NOS passengers side seal available I would like to make a pair.

birdsandbees

So if I'm following this correctly, are the correct OE seals supposed to look like shit as opposed to being smooth on the view side like reproductions?
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

odcics2

Quote from: birdsandbees on June 21, 2019, 08:13:48 PM
So if I'm following this correctly, are the correct OE seals supposed to look like shit as opposed to being smooth on the view side like reproductions?

Yes.   Built to race!   Who cared about the street???   

birdsandbees

Thanks.. so like most things production Mopar!! LOL
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

steve817

Detroit Muscle Technologies is and has always been my source for rubber seals. Great service, super friendly and totally fair price. My Mopar restorations will always be a higher level of function and appearance using DMT's products! It is so sad to hear that Dale from the Cuda Shop has passed. Dale has helped me with specific items and expert knowledge for many years.  I hope his family can keep his products and name going well into the future. I'm driving cars now that have Dale's pieces on them. RIP Dale.

farm966

Bahahaha!!!!    :smilielol:

odcics2

Quote from: farm966 on June 22, 2019, 06:50:20 AM

Bahahaha!!!!    :smilielol:

Yeah, and the wing castings are wavy & pitted!!   

How many top of the line "100 point" restorations have perfect wings?   They are W R O N G !!!!!   :scratchchin:

alfaitalia

...and perfect paint....LOL....no Charger from 68 - 70 got that. They all had rough area, runs, "dry" areas, fish eyes. And of course the paint was on top of wavy metal with highly variable panel gaps. All the restored 100 point cars are wrong on both counts.....but who wants to paint a car like that.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

odcics2

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 22, 2019, 09:02:40 AM
...and perfect paint....LOL....no Charger from 68 - 70 got that. They all had rough area, runs, "dry" areas, fish eyes. And of course the paint was on top of wavy metal with highly variable panel gaps. All the restored 100 point cars are wrong on both counts.....but who wants to paint a car like that.

Maybe someone that wants to be the only correctly restored Wing Car in the World?   :shruggy:

Someone has to take the lead!    :coolgleamA:

Mopar John

I thought hemigeno took the lead already on his Daytona restoration!
He retained a lot of the poor conversion work on the restoration.
MJ

odcics2

Quote from: Mopar John on June 25, 2019, 09:48:11 AM
I thought hemigeno took the lead already on his Daytona restoration!
He retained a lot of the poor conversion work on the restoration.
MJ

Ahhh, yes he did!