News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Superbirds from the woods in South Carolina

Started by gymratt30, October 30, 2011, 09:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gymratt30

Last couple I've gotten
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

gymratt30

gymratt30

Odometer. ( Rolled to 0 But I'm good with that.)
Here in S.C. no matter how many miles the title shows , SC law say any vehicle over 40 yr old MUST SHOW mileage exempt.

hemi68charger

Mike, Man,,,,,,,,,, you will have a dilemma when you get this one home............... Which one do I drive?  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gymratt30

Yea..good problem to have....lol
Were gonna make the white car a "driver " drive about anywhere
only drive the red one for meets like Talladega.

hemi68charger

Quote from: gymratt30 on July 06, 2014, 07:30:08 AM
Yea..good problem to have....lol
Were gonna make the white car a "driver " drive about anywhere
only drive the red one for meets like Talladega.

It'll be comfortable for sure.....

For me; buckets look nice, but for some reason, a bench seat is more comfortable.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gymratt30

69_500

Looking great Mike. What day are you heading out to start the long drive back?

gymratt30

Quote from: 69_500 on July 07, 2014, 06:42:46 PM

We will be flying out the 19th of this month,(Sat). Sunday/Monday GYC will be shooting footage of our visit, and Then on Monday afternoon , the 21st we will be heading out to begin our trip home.

I plan on driving down the California coast, (A1 ) to the Santa Monica  Pier, (starting point for Route 66) and then travel as much as is left of route 66 .

I have rented a River Pilot GPS that will actually give you a turn by turn route of all the "hot spots" on old 66. We plan on traveling 350- 500 miles a day Pending on our stops, but we have to be back around the 1st of August for Michael to start College.

billssuperbird

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: gymratt30 on July 07, 2014, 07:41:55 PM

We will be flying out the 19th of this month,(Sat). Sunday/Monday GYC will be shooting footage of our visit, and Then on Monday afternoon , the 21st we will be heading out to begin our trip home.

I plan on driving down the California coast, (A1 ) to the Santa Monica  Pier, (starting point for Route 66) and then travel as much as is left of route 66 .

I have rented a River Pilot GPS that will actually give you a turn by turn route of all the "hot spots" on old 66. We plan on traveling 350- 500 miles a day Pending on our stops, but we have to be back around the 1st of August for Michael to start College.

Priceless.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70Sbird

Awesome!
:2thumbs:
That will be a trip both of you will keep with you for the rest of your lives!
Take lots of pictures!
Scott

Scott Faulkner

hemigeno

It's great to hear it's close to Go-Time for you.  When you're heading through Missouri, I'm about 6 miles north of old 66 once you get to St. Clair (+/- 50 miles SW of St. Louis).  You're welcome to stop by the shop here for a break if it's convenient, as I'd love to see the car and visit.

nvrbdn

yep, im another one right by rt 66. you should be able to get flyers of the stuff to do along the way. there are a few old gas stations along the route here in illinois for good photo opertunities. i can give you the locations if you cant locate them. then the hotdog stand in springfield il. drive-in theater, etc...   hope it is a great trip.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

gymratt30

Quote from: 70Sbird on July 08, 2014, 09:39:17 AM

I plan on driving down the California coast, (A1 ) to the Santa Monica  Pier, (starting point for Route 66) and then travel as much as is left of route 66 .

Awesome!
That will be a trip both of you will keep with you for the rest of your lives!
Take lots of pictures!
Scott

Yes Sir,  we plan on shooting a lot of pics, and Video for possible use on the GYC show as a "scenes from our trip home"

gymratt30

Quote from: hemigeno on July 08, 2014, 09:53:16 AM
I plan on driving down the California coast, (A1 ) to the Santa Monica  Pier, (starting point for Route 66) and then travel as much as is left of route 66 .

It's great to hear it's close to Go-Time for you.  When you're heading through Missouri, I'm about 6 miles north of old 66 once you get to St. Clair (+/- 50 miles SW of St. Louis).  You're welcome to stop by the shop here for a break if it's convenient, as I'd love to see the car and visit.

Thanks for the Invite Hemigeno, ....I may take you up on that. let me Pm you my phone number, and lets try to arrange meeting.

gymratt30

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 08, 2014, 10:45:29 AM
yep, im another one right by rt 66. you should be able to get flyers of the stuff to do along the way. there are a few old gas stations along the route here in illinois for good photo opertunities. i can give you the locations if you cant locate them. then the hotdog stand in springfield il. drive-in theater, etc...   hope it is a great trip.

I definitely keep it in mind. thanks again!

xx29

Let me know what day and time you will be in Santa Monica, I'll come by with my white Bird

crj1968

Quote from: boss429kiwi on October 16, 2013, 02:47:28 PM
To me, this is simply the best car story I have had the plessure to experience.
I love the local legend story, the outcome and ultimately the father and Son connection............outstanding!  :2thumbs:  

Totally agree- This is the first time I have ran into this story. Absolutely amazing....give your son a fist bump from Idaho for me. 

gymratt30

Quote from: xx29 on July 08, 2014, 10:51:38 PM

Let me know what day and time you will be in Santa Monica, I'll come by with my white Bird

Ill be posting on here, when we will be there , and what state we are about to travel through.
Mike

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

rnjump

Quote from: gymratt30 on July 09, 2014, 11:25:38 AM

Ill be posting on here, when we will be there , and what state we are about to travel through.
Mike

We are about 25 miles north of the old 66 in SW Missouri. I would love to watch it roll through town also. I may come by with my 'bird. I don't want to tie up your time visiting and such but if you need help along the way just call me. I will PM you my number. Good luck on the trip.

gymratt30

Quote from: rnjump on July 09, 2014, 05:51:18 PM
Quote from: gymratt30 on July 09, 2014, 11:25:38 AM

Mike

We are about 25 miles north of the old 66 in SW Missouri. I would love to watch it roll through town also. I may come by with my 'bird. I don't want to tie up your time visiting and such but if you need help along the way just call me. I will PM you my number. Good luck on the trip.

sure send me your number... if it works out, we would love to meet a few board members on our trip.

gymratt30

these pics are  a few days old, but the door panels are in, back seat is in,

gymratt30

Mark called me on Sunday night to "let me hear the Bird start up and purr like a Kitten" after being "asleep " for the past 31 years. (taken off the road in 1983).