News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Superbirds from the woods in South Carolina

Started by gymratt30, October 30, 2011, 09:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: gymratt30 on July 15, 2014, 09:23:17 PM
Mark called me on Sunday night to "let me hear the Bird start up and purr like a Kitten" after being "asleep " for the past 31 years. (taken off the road in 1983).

Perfecto !!!  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

gymratt30

we Pick the white Bird on Sunday ( mark will have his television crew there either Sunday or Monday morning as we begin our trip across the USA via route 66.
Please look for our new thread called "locations on route 66" , if you are live somewhere near route 66,  I'm asking for board members to text me their name/ and state they live in , Just incase we breakdown.
its nice to know that some guys have already given me their  phone numbers and contact info incase of emergency.

We're pretty confident that the car will make the trip, but its always nice to know, help is close by.
Mike and Michael Hill
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

r4daytona

Hi Mike, well I don't have a picture but I know there's one on facebook, but I don't know which trunk is worse.  Mine opens up nice but is like crawling in a coffin, yours is doesn't open much at all!  I made sure I left a piece of metal between the quarter and the trunk extension so it will be an annoying rattle to figure out. :lol:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: gymratt30 on July 18, 2014, 04:19:15 PM
we Pick the white Bird on Sunday ( mark will have his television crew there either Sunday or Monday morning as we begin our trip across the USA via route 66.
Please look for our new thread called "locations on route 66" , if you are live somewhere near route 66,  I'm asking for board members to text me their name/ and state they live in , Just incase we breakdown.
its nice to know that some guys have already given me their  phone numbers and contact info incase of emergency.

We're pretty confident that the car will make the trip, but its always nice to know, help is close by.
Mike and Michael Hill
Are you guys planning to stop and see the Grand Canyon in Arizona, not to far off from Route 66.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

gymratt30

gymratt30

Quote from: r4daytona on July 18, 2014, 04:20:39 PM
Hi Mike, well I don't have a picture but I know there's one on facebook, but I don't know which trunk is worse.  Mine opens up nice but is like crawling in a coffin, yours is doesn't open much at all!  I made sure I left a piece of metal between the quarter and the trunk extension so it will be an annoying rattle to figure out. :lol:

Thanks for your Help Tom, I was surprised to see you out there..
as far as the Rattle goes... that pretty sneaky of ya....
I recall years ago, we had a sales rep ,(he was the king of practical jokers) that knew nothing about cars.... One day when he was calling on our company, I happen to have my floor jack on my truck at work, so I jacked up his car and put a 12 inch zip tie around the drive shaft of his car..... the Next week, (seeing him come back into our shop) WE HAD THE LAST LAUGH... he actually took it to the dealer...lol

gymratt30

Here's a picture of our bird's license plate.
(Know it's the Daytona that ran the 200.447 with B.BAKER., but  figured the wing car guys would still get it)

djcarguy

:2thumbs:  congrats on your bird coming back to life   :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

have enjoyed reading an following the pixs an story of you an ya son an the two birds side by side. double check everything that the Tom guy helped with,ha ha ha. just kidding all the best ta you an son on trip cross country.

will try to swing by marks an meet ya an that Tom guy,, this weekend..live few minutes away an tom has my #

PLEASE POST both bird pixs the minute ya guys get home an birds side by side an all awesum an alive again,,Thanks in advance. enjoy the time an travel with ya son..   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn:  DJ - :cheers:

held1823

PLEASE POST both bird pixs the minute ya guys get home an birds side by side an all awesum an alive again

if it's possible to get them back there safely, the money shot is certainly both cars sitting where you first found them.

that would be the ultimate "before & after" photo
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: gymratt30 on July 18, 2014, 04:19:15 PM

Mike and Michael Hill

Based on the picture there with Tom working on the car, you are a wise man Mike.....  :smilielol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Al67GTX

gymratt30

Ernie, here is that Before and After Pic you asked about

boss429kiwi

NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

RM23U0A

Just read your story,could not put it down. Instead of two birds sitting there; they look ready to fly. Thanks for sharing the memories.    Wayne