News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sold my Red Daytona (Cry)

Started by Daytona Guy, July 19, 2005, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I finally got to show both of my Daytona's together last Sat. Red Daytona took first in one class and the Yellow took second in it's class in an all Mopar Show. Had over 150 cars. I had no idea - and did not plan on selling my red one this soon. I could not turn down the offer. I will not say what I got out of respect for the new owner but I felt it was a fair deal. It was really not ready to sell, but he took it with all the flaws. It will stay local, if it is not sold again, so I liked that. I think he will do things with it that I just can't do. He talked about maybe a Hemi going in it.

I am sad. I put a lot of love into that car. It is in good hands. The guy has a Hemi Cuda covetable among other mopars. His car took first. I wish him and the car the best.

I wanted to at least drive the cars together so I asked him if I could follow him up to and on the freeway for a ways. Took some video and some pics and waved goodbye.

Brock Samson

wel that'splains it.. so sad...  :'(  but it's not like your sufferin..

Drache

Quote from: Stratocharger on July 19, 2005, 11:29:40 PM
wel that'splains it.. so sad...   :'(   but it's not like your sufferin..

I second that! Careful you might get one of these  :icon_smile_blackeye: lol!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Bluebeast

Sorry to hear it but I understand when someone offers a great deal of money for something, it's hard to resist.
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

Silver R/T

oh well someone else can enjoy owning a Daytona now.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerBill

Theyr'e BOTH beautiful cars!! I can see where the sadness comes from....

I really dig the white call-outs on the yellow's hood....sweeeet! Any more pics of the yellow one?
Life is a highway...

KWS

Hey man, that's sad news, but at least it's going to a good (local) home... and you still have that beautiful yellow and white one!  :yesnod:

BTW, did you get my private message I sent you??

kws

Daytona Guy

Yes I did. Did you get my response. I was not sure if you got it because my connection disconnected when I sent it.

KWS

Daytona Guy

AllblueRT

Your car deserved it. Regardless - Your 70 RT SE is a true car that is awesome. It probably was 200... I just guessed. Great to meet you again and talk. What a great show. When is the RT clubs show this year?

Johnny SixPack

Dane, sorry to hear she's gone, but it sounds like you'll get to see her from time to time. :cheers:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

bull

Quote from: AllBlueRT on July 20, 2005, 03:18:20 AM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 19, 2005, 11:25:31 PM
I finally got to show both of my Daytona's together last Sat. Red Daytona took first in one class and the Yellow took second in it's class in an all Mopar Show. Had over 150 cars. I had no idea - and did not plan on selling my red one this soon. I could not turn down the offer. I will not say what I got out of respect for the new owner but I felt it was a fair deal. It was really not ready to sell, but he took it with all the flaws. It will stay local, if it is not sold again, so I liked that. I think he will do things with it that I just can't do. He talked about maybe a Hemi going in it.

I am sad. I put a lot of love into that car. It is in good hands. The guy has a Hemi Cuda covetable among other mopars. His car took first. I wish him and the car the best.

I wanted to at least drive the cars together so I asked him if I could follow him up to and on the freeway for a ways. Took some video and some pics and waved goodbye.

I heard over 200 cars.   Regardless a GREAT little show.  
If I would have known what you were doing with both cars, I would have entered a different class.   As it was, I watched you fill in modified so I was trying to get out of it.   I told my friends I didn't want to go up against the yellow Daytona!   Never in my wildest dreams did I plan on beating it.   When they announced you won second, I was looking around to see what beat you.   I was in shock.

I took a similar pic.   This was Sunday on the way home.   This is the last time my buddy will do this for me.   It helps that both my cars are automatics NOW.

Not only does Tom have a Hemi vert e body, he also has an AllBlue ChargerRT.
He's a luck SOB.

So he did decide to buy 'ol blue after all? Did you get what you wanted?

Dane, congrats on the sale. Hey, you can only drive one at a time anyway.

wetfeetmi

Dane, congrats! This will fire you up to do the next one. If you want, you can come to MI and help with mine. Free room and board and all the Ice tea you can handle! Rick

Chris G.

What a roller coaster thread. Congrats on the sale daytonaguy. I wasn't aware the "current" owner had a Hemi 'Cuda :icon_smile_big:.

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats for whatever you or anybody else in this thread bought or sold....   I'm confuzed   ???    :icon_smile_cool:

;)

;D
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Chris G.

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 20, 2005, 06:06:57 AM
Congrats for whatever you or anybody else in this thread bought or sold....   I'm confuzed   ???    :icon_smile_cool:

;)

;D

Brian, you need to visit the '70 site more often. We get all the good scoops first. :icon_smile_tongue:

ps- Don't kill me Mike. :icon_smile_blackeye:

ChargerRob

Congrats on the sale. Just dont sell the yellow one. :)
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on July 20, 2005, 06:08:39 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 20, 2005, 06:06:57 AM

;)

;D

Brian, you need to visit the '70 site more often. We get all the good scoops first. :icon_smile_tongue:

I just drove to work and haven't even gotten my 1st cup of coffee down yet.    Confuzed is actually pretty good for me at this time in the morning.

Old Moparz

Anybody need a plane ticket from New York to Oregon?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: AllBlueRT on July 20, 2005, 06:47:47 AM

Brian just "used us" like the rest on the 70 Board.      This new board came along and we were just swept under the carpet.

Wham bam thank ya ma'am....      I can't help being a slut... it's just my nature  ;D 

But leave the light on in case of booty call  :icon_smile_big:    >:D    :cheers:

River

AllBlueRT, Glad to see you made the deal happen.  :2thumbs:   That was a quick turn on Tom's part.
69 Charger  R/T    Q5      C5X

Mefirst

Why cry over a car ??? You probably got a load of money for it, use that money to buy something new and as fun as the Daytona..

I love my Charger, but if someone gives me the money I think its worth right now, well I wont think more than a split second and say -Give me the cash, here are the keys, enjoy it... And buy myself a new ride... When you die you wont be able to take your ride with you.. If I knew I could, well then it would be a compleatly different story...

/Tom

Ghoste

I admire that Tom.  I tend to get to attached to some of these stupid things.

Daytona Guy

I am using hyperbole when I say cry. There is a bond -O- with a car that you get when you spend so much time with it. ;D ha. What is this other Board that everyone is talking about? I could care less if a thread goes in another direction. It becomes a game like Clue. Ha. My confusion on these boards is that I never know or remember who I am talking too.

Mefirst

Quote from: Ghoste on July 20, 2005, 10:52:12 AM
I admire that Tom.  I tend to get to attached to some of these stupid things.

Im not saying that Im not attached to my ride, if I said that Id be lying.. But the truth is that everythings for sale for the right price, and if someone would pay me what I think my ride is worth, well Id part with it and buy a new Mopar.. Maby I could buy that 440 blower Cuda 1970 I had my eye on, but sadly was to late to make an offer on it... But still noone has made me an offer that Id accept, so the Charger stays in my garage... And if that day comes, its not only the money, a guy/girl that would want to buy it, well he/she would have to prove to me that the Charger gets a good and caring new home.. If not, no deal.. This is probably most important to me, if I was to sell my ride, the knowledge that it gets a good home..

/Tom

Daytona Guy

I might be slow but I think I am getting it AllblueRT   ;). If you need help let me know? This car will be on a t-shirt in Aug. Plus I do have some sweet pics of the car. Big   Pixels. Have a load of fun. Lets meet and cruz.

BigBlockSam

hey Dane
  congrats on selling the red daytona. now you got some cash to build a new one. maybe a blue one.  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Congrats to both Dane & Mike!
Wow, what a whirlwind thread...I'm dizzy! :drunk:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

They're all a whirlwind.  I haven't wasted this much time on the computer since the 66-67 forum started up last Christmas.  Hey, this is kind of like Christmas in July!

bull

:o How long after I left did this event take place? Guess I missed all the fun but a guy's got to :sleep: sometime. Congrats to both of you fine gentlemen. I guess maybe I'll get another ride in the red car someday, eh Mike?  :icon_smile:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on July 20, 2005, 12:50:43 PM
They're all a whirlwind.   I haven't wasted this much time on the computer since the 66-67 forum started up last Christmas.   Hey, this is kind of like Christmas in July!
That's for sure! It's like a big party on this board for a while. :rock: :lol:

Yeah Mike, you may need to expand the garage now. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

Quote from: Mefirst on July 20, 2005, 10:49:45 AM
Why cry over a car ??? You probably got a load of money for it, use that money to buy something new and as fun as the Daytona..

I love my Charger, but if someone gives me the money I think its worth right now, well I wont think more than a split second and say -Give me the cash, here are the keys, enjoy it... And buy myself a new ride... When you die you wont be able to take your ride with you.. If I knew I could, well then it would be a compleatly different story...

/Tom

exactly
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

congrats on the sale daytona.   what are you going to do with the money?   find a new charger and convert it? or go with something different?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Daytona Guy

If you ever want to get together and cruise around Portland let me know? I had my Yellow one up in Portland last week and WOW, what a responce. Get ready. Everyone will say, "Nice Bird". Da. and "Is it real". Sometimes I will say, "What do you think?" Just to see if they know what they are looking at. It sure is funny how things happen so fast.

I love this new board. I like it better than the DC.com board. Faster, cleaner, more user friendly and for me the spell chekker is grate. ;D

I am done cloning for a while. I might pic up a rear plug and and some parts here and there. But for now I want to do all the little things to make this Yellow car better.

Daytona Guy

Just 6T9 CHGR

I'm sooooo confused here......

In laymens terms please.......who bought/traded what???!!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona Guy

A Fella from Portland bought my car. Then Mike apparently made a deal with him the next day at the Mopar Nationals at Woodburn to trade his Blue RT.

I had no clue untill around noon what went down. to cool.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow!  Talk about quick turnarounds!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerBill

Dane, any more pics of the yellow winged thingy? ;D Different angles and decent size?

I'm feeling the urge to make some new Charger Wallpaper.....I haven't made any in about 2 years.
Life is a highway...

RD

so blue rt traded his car for the red daytona that you just sold to the guy  :ahum:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Daytona Guy

Email me and I will send you a good pic

dgjesdal@aol.com

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AllBlueRT on July 20, 2005, 04:48:46 PM

YES, IT'S A SAD DAY IN THE GROFF FAMILY!   WE'RE LETTING GO OF A FAMILY MEMBER :'(   What' sucks the most is thinking what's   gonna happen to BLUE when my buddy sells her. :-\   Yeah I know it's only a car.

Hopefully it ends up in the hands of someone who'll treat it like a family member quickly & not flipped on the internet for the next 3 years. ::)

Brock Samson

Yipee. I was right! For once i figgured it out without being told..  :icon_smile_approve:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 20, 2005, 02:14:58 PM
If you ever want to get together and cruise around Portland let me know? I had my Yellow one up in Portland last week and WOW, what a responce.  

Dane, I'll be in Oregon (Portland and Lincoln City) as of Aug. 4th. Sadly I'll be at the freakin' wedding the day of the Kent, WA show (Aug. 6th), but I'd love to get a chance to see the yellow "D" while I'm up there.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Stratocharger on July 20, 2005, 08:16:45 PM
Yipee. I was right! For once i figgured it out without being told..  :icon_smile_approve:
You are a fart smeller...ummm...er...smart feller. :icon_smile_big:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 20, 2005, 09:37:41 PM
Quote from: Stratocharger on July 20, 2005, 08:16:45 PM
Yipee. I was right! For once i figgured it out without being told..   :icon_smile_approve:
You are a fart smeller...ummm...er...smart feller. :icon_smile_big:

You had it right the first time! :smilielol:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:

BigBlockSam

QuoteYou are a fart smeller...ummm...er...smart feller.   
:hah:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona Guy

Quote from: formula_440 on July 20, 2005, 09:04:02 PM
If you ever want to get together and cruise around Portland let me know? I had my Yellow one up in Portland last week and WOW, what a responce.  

Dane, I'll be in Oregon (Portland and Lincoln City) as of Aug. 4th. Sadly I'll be at the freakin' wedding the day of the Kent, WA show (Aug. 6th), but I'd love to get a chance to see the yellow "D" while I'm up there.

Johnny

When you get to town - I live in Salem. Just take the Hwy through Salem on your way to Portland and we can connect. My phone is 503-580-8312. I can't go to Kent.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 21, 2005, 01:10:57 AM
Quote from: formula_440 on July 20, 2005, 09:04:02 PM

Johnny

When you get to town - I live in Salem. Just take the Hwy through Salem on your way to Portland and we can connect. My phone is 503-580-8312. I can't go to Kent.

Dane, will do, man.

Got the number in the cell phone.

I have a friend that lives there, so that works out even better.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:

69_500

So the red car is  gone now. So what color do you intend to do next. I mean come on we all know you will do another one here in the future. You can't just stop now can you? :)

NYCMille

Congrats Dane -

I hope you got what you wanted for the car and that you had it for long enough to really enjoy. Just think, now you can build something else!

Daytona Guy

Thanks guys. As I think we all know, this is a great community to be a part of. If it wasn't for people like you, NYCMille, my car would not have the look it has (wheels) and KWS for my interior look - (although nine is a cheep imitation) I am still running into so many guys with Chargers at shows that had no idea about our former site, but this one will be promoted now. There is no going back. Beside, I love the spell check.

AllblueRT - AllredDaytona?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 21, 2005, 11:04:39 AM.
AllblueRT - AllredDaytona?
That's not a bad one. :thumbs:

*EDIT*
Wait a minute, so is member KWS Kenny Wayne? With the Xtreme General?

If so, I believe we're gonna need some more fresh pics! :smilielol: