News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 door aligment

Started by cavemanno1, November 13, 2011, 02:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

hi guys!our  drivers door has a get above the vent windows,can put my finger in the gap and making an annoying wind sound!what can be done to fix it and how?was it just badly fitted?didnt reliase before 'cus the window was allways down when drove it!thank you

elacruze

I'm no expert but I think the window track is adjustable to fill that gap. You'll have to take off the inner door panel and find the fasteners-I think you can see one of them on the front of the door by the hinges.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Dino

Make sure the actual door fits nicely in relation to fender, rear quarter and rocker before you adjust the window.  Like Elacruze said there are adjustment screws near the hinge and behind the door panel.  What shape are your roof rail mouldings in?  They may be the cause or partial cause of the gap.  It may be time to replace those as well.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cavemanno1