News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Legendary Interior quality

Started by randy73, November 15, 2011, 01:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

I just got parts for my 73 charger and am both happy and sad.

Seat covers were really nice, though the buttons are only held on by a metal wire, same way manila envelopes use.

Trunk divider did not have the cutouts for the seat latches, so I have to cut those out myself which I could have bought the board myself and saved a freat deal of money.

Package tray, this piece REALLY bugs me. I got the one with the speaker cutouts and they did not clean up the shavings, just painted over them. Which made them look very cheap. I had to sand them down and am going to repaint tonight. Plus, they put a vinyl piece on each end, but it runs 2" over on all 4 corners, do not know why they didn't cut the ends off and taper the edges.
Also, does anybody have pictures of the sail panels from a non-SE car, the ones I had originally had a slot on the lower side, but the ones I got do not have this slot, but mine came apart in pieces so I cannot figure out were the slot goes. Pretty sure the slot is for the headliner to go over the top part of the panel and hook onto the metal hooks, but am not sure, as mine has the plastic sail panels and I have not seen pictures of other cars like mine.

So in the end, I would recommend the seat covers and door panels, but not much else. Though I have not bought a lot of products from them.

Man, I am having a TERRIBLE time with vendors lately.

lasvegas69charg

i just ordered everything possible to change my blue interior to black interior on 69 charger.  they told me it will take about 4 wks for delivery.  once i get it all i will let you know.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

twodko

Legendary everything for my 69 and had it install. From HL to carpet it all looks great. My only complain would be about their seat covers, the buttons come off easily. I can't say about 3rd gens. :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

randy73

Just got my woodgrain center console and it was not what I expected. It is just a sticker with a peel-off backing.
Wished they would of let me know that nugget of information when I called and placed my order, I was hoping it to look like the original with the coating on top and being 1/8" thick.

So now that I waisted $25, does anybody sell an insert that is like the original?

Ghoste

I ordered seat covers and foam from them for my 67 and I was extremely pleased with the whole experience.  Price, shipping, speed of delivery, quality of parts everything.

randy73

I was happy with my seat covers too, except the way put the buttons on, that was rather a cheap way to do that.

Nacho-RT74

I don't get the slots deal on the sail panels ? :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

CDN72SE

"Plus, they put a vinyl piece on each end, but it runs 2" over on all 4 corners, do not know why they didn't cut the ends off and taper the edges."

I think my original '72 package tray has the vinyl like that at the ends.
1972 Charger SE

randy73

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 17, 2011, 12:46:39 PM
I don't get the slots deal on the sail panels ? :shruggy:

Mine had slots, I have never seen another 73, so i do not know if someone made the slots or they are supposed to have them for cars with plastic sail panels.

Nacho-RT74

I can't recall any slot on mine or any other that I have had in hands
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RallyeMike

QuoteSeat covers were really nice, though the buttons are only held on by a metal wire, same way manila envelopes use.

Just wait until the cheapo button covers start popping off  :RantExplode:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

rudyjrusa

they did my buddy seat in white but now a year later it is starting fade - almost turning purple - might send it back - supposely has lifettime warranty.

dodgedarren

The seat covers for my 68 do not fit to well on the sides. Side seams on some parts are wavy ang was told they would straighten eventually with heat

elacruze

My Legendary rear window interior trim looked great, until it sat in the sun for a couple days-it melted like candy, drooped onto my package tray and was not recoverable. Their response to a warranty query was 'you took delivery of it more than a year ago so we can't help.' Now I have to pay for another set, and have it glued in with urethane to be sure it stays-and I'm not at all sure it doesn't expand in the heat, so it may force itself off again anyway.

not so happy about it.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

ODZKing

Randy,
As far as the console woodgrain I've posted a pic of both of mine.  One is original and I'm sure faded a bit.
The other is Home Depot vinyl contact paper.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&productId=202499904&R=202499904
The store sells it by the roll, not 6 pack.  It was around 7.99 as I recall.
Other than the obvious, can you tell which is which?
No doubt it would work for second gen's as well.

randy73

Dino

You guys are making me nervous!  I only want to do my interior once, for the cost it better hold up!  I drive my car a lot.

Maybe I should find a good interior guy and have him/her make the seats from scratch so at least they would hold up.  Would be nice in some fancy leather...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

elacruze

Quote from: Dino on November 28, 2011, 04:21:29 PM
You guys are making me nervous!  I only want to do my interior once, for the cost it better hold up!  I drive my car a lot.

Maybe I should find a good interior guy and have him/her make the seats from scratch so at least they would hold up.  Would be nice in some fancy leather...

My seat covers came from Legendary, and they are first-rate in fit and finish. I am pleased with them.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Dino

Quote from: elacruze on November 28, 2011, 06:39:43 PM
Quote from: Dino on November 28, 2011, 04:21:29 PM

My seat covers came from Legendary, and they are first-rate in fit and finish. I am pleased with them.

From what I can tell they are the best out there so I'll just order those and if they're not to my liking I'll send them back.

I'm not sure what to do with my green door and quarter panels, they have a few tiny cuts but are overall very nice.  I may end up tring to fix those and then dye them all.  Nothing to lose but some time and I could save a bit right there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

johnnycharger

Quote from: ODZKing on November 28, 2011, 03:26:15 PM
Randy,
As far as the console woodgrain I've posted a pic of both of mine.  One is original and I'm sure faded a bit.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&productId=202499904&R=202499904

Wow! I love this tip! I want to try it on my console. Have you had any issues with the heat after installing it?

ODZKing

Quote from: johnnycharger on November 29, 2011, 09:17:03 AM
Wow! I love this tip! I want to try it on my console. Have you had any issues with the heat after installing it?
Well Johnny, to be honest I have not had it in the car yet.  I was thinking about that as well.  The vinyl was thin.
Now what I did do, was put it in the sun on my deck for several days.  It remains as you see it and didn't shrink.  
What I did was strip the old paper based sticker off and with Goo-Gone took off all the residue.  (It's un-smooth chrome under there btw). For second gen's, you would cover over the brushed aluminum, not a problem.
I sprayed some 3M spray glue on there and then layed the crudely cut piece on there and once it stuck, I trimmed it to the edges. (it is self stick, I just wanted to be safe).
What I would recommend is this.  If the original is simply faded and not rougly torn or in really bad shape, edges missing etc., I would cover it over, possibly.  The chrome under is rough and the old sticker would make a smooth base.
Mine was so bad removal was necessary.

lail1985

We here @ Legendary Auto Interiors take our quality and customer service very seriously.  After reading several comments on your forums its seems unclear to many people how easy it is to correct any problems/concerns customers may have.  Sometimes with items which we do not make here at our factory, but offer to the public, do not meet OEM quality and often only carry a 1 year warranty from them manufacturer.  We work with our vendors on ALL these issues that customers may have concerning quality.  For the items we manufacture here in house, we offer a limited lifetime warranty which is a first and only in the industry.  We feel that our workmanship warrants such an offer (not many in the aftermarket business are willing to stand behind their product with this same warranty).  If anyone has workmanship/quality issues please call me @ extention 213.  Often a simple photo e-mailed to us will help resolve the problem.  For the last 25 years I have made it a priority to handle each and every problem individually.  Hopefully I can continue for another 25 years.  Please contact me if needed or you can e-mail me @ tech@legendaryautointeriors.com.  Our goals are the same, to put the highest quality interior components in your car.  Thanks.
Ron

P.S.- Check out our you tube instructional videos popping up and the Chop Cut Rebuild marathon Sat. Dec 10th on the Speed Channel.  I want to show all of you do it yourselfers some time saving ideas.

johnnycharger

Quote from: ODZKing on November 29, 2011, 11:09:31 AM
Quote from: johnnycharger on November 29, 2011, 09:17:03 AM
Well Johnny, to be honest I have not had it in the car yet.  I was thinking about that as well.  The vinyl was thin.
Now what I did do, was put it in the sun on my deck for several days.  It remains as you see it and didn't shrink.  
What I did was strip the old paper based sticker off and with Goo-Gone took off all the residue.  (It's un-smooth chrome under there btw). For second gen's, you would cover over the brushed aluminum, not a problem.
I sprayed some 3M spray glue on there and then layed the crudely cut piece on there and once it stuck, I trimmed it to the edges. (it is self stick, I just wanted to be safe).
What I would recommend is this.  If the original is simply faded and not rougly torn or in really bad shape, edges missing etc., I would cover it over, possibly.  The chrome under is rough and the old sticker would make a smooth base.
Mine was so bad removal was necessary.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will see about doing this soon; and probably post the progress on a new thread.

randy73

Quote from: lail1985 on November 29, 2011, 11:25:44 AM
We here @ Legendary Auto Interiors take our quality and customer service very seriously.  After reading several comments on your forums its seems unclear to many people how easy it is to correct any problems/concerns customers may have.  Sometimes with items which we do not make here at our factory, but offer to the public, do not meet OEM quality and often only carry a 1 year warranty from them manufacturer.  We work with our vendors on ALL these issues that customers may have concerning quality.  For the items we manufacture here in house, we offer a limited lifetime warranty which is a first and only in the industry.  We feel that our workmanship warrants such an offer (not many in the aftermarket business are willing to stand behind their product with this same warranty).  If anyone has workmanship/quality issues please call me @ extention 213.  Often a simple photo e-mailed to us will help resolve the problem.  For the last 25 years I have made it a priority to handle each and every problem individually.  Hopefully I can continue for another 25 years.  Please contact me if needed or you can e-mail me @ tech@legendaryautointeriors.com.  Our goals are the same, to put the highest quality interior components in your car.  Thanks.
Ron

P.S.- Check out our you tube instructional videos popping up and the Chop Cut Rebuild marathon Sat. Dec 10th on the Speed Channel.  I want to show all of you do it yourselfers some time saving ideas.

I have been emailing Mike and just cannot seem to connect on the phone. Wish I would have taken before pics of my seat covers, but they are installed now. But the package tray I sent pics to Mike, though they are after I cleaned up the speaker slots and repainted, but they do show the the vinyl hanging over the edge. I try to be honest about everything that I received, but I do expect quality for themoney I am putting out. Also, I was not trying to bash or run your company into the ground. I have posted both good and bad on this and other forums about the companies I deal with and their products. Though I think this thread has gotten blown out of proportion, as I stated the seats look good, though I questioned the durablity of the buttons and it was easy to clean up the package tray, but I also think I should not have had to do that. And if makes you feel any better, I did order all new upper door panels from you.

Randy

randy73

Quote from: ODZKing on November 28, 2011, 03:26:15 PM
Randy,

The stick on I got and my original look like walnut and yours looks like cherry, but to me yours looks just fine.   :2thumbs: