News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture Update: Aero Warrior Meet at Texas Motor Speedway

Started by hemi68charger, November 17, 2011, 11:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many people think they "might be able to come" to a future Aero Warriors Meet?

Can
8 (57.1%)
Can't
3 (21.4%)
Think I might be able to
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 01, 2011, 11:42:05 AM

hemi68charger

Roll Call !!!!!  Who is fairly confident they will be attending? Seems there are hotels about 15 miles away that start charging "normal" rates. Anything close to the track is crazy money ( $150-$199 ) per night. I'm still searching for a place. Not sure I'll have an "official" hotel like Doug's able to do this year, maybe next time..

The event will be primarily the Indy Firestone 500 on Sat.

1. Daytona - me
2. Superbird - Houston - Al
3. Superbird - Magnolia - Dave
4. Superbird - Dallas (possible if doesn't have to work) - Greg
5. 500 - Arkansas - Ken
6. 500 - Ft. Worth ( if finished: heck, we can push it ) - Allen
7. 500 - Houston ( possible if not working ) - Cliff
8. Daytona/Superbird/ - Alabama ( possible ) - Tim

Others?

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 08, 2013, 08:53:06 AM
Roll Call !!!!!  Who is fairly confident they will be attending? Seems there are hotels about 15 miles away that start charging "normal" rates. Anything close to the track is crazy money ( $150-$199 ) per night. I'm still searching for a place. Not sure I'll have an "official" hotel like Doug's able to do this year, maybe next time..

The event will be primarily the Indy Firestone 500 on Sat.

1. Daytona - me
2. Superbird - Houston - Al
3. Superbird - Magnolia - Dave
4. Superbird - Dallas (possible if doesn't have to work) - Greg
5. 500 - Arkansas - Ken
6. 500 - Ft. Worth ( if finished: heck, we can push it ) - Allen
7. 500 - Houston ( possible if not working ) - Cliff
8. Daytona/Superbird/ - Alabama ( possible ) - Tim

Others?

I am contacting Ken B (440-6 Superbird), Alan S (Hemi Superbird), Lee Sicilio (Bonneville Daytona), Ken S (Daytona), Phil H (Superbird), Ron ? (Daytona clone)... and a few other local Aero cars...
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on March 08, 2013, 12:20:34 PM

I am contacting Ken B (440-6 Superbird), Alan S (Hemi Superbird), Lee Sicilio (Bonneville Daytona), Ken S (Daytona), Phil H (Superbird), Ron ? (Daytona clone)... and a few other local Aero cars...

Excellent Allen, thanks..... I PM'd Ron about his clone and told him it was welcome....... Thanks for spreading the word. Since you know them and I don't, you can save the flyer and foward it to them....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on March 08, 2013, 12:20:34 PM
...Alan S (Hemi Superbird),..

I got contacted from Alan and another Daytona owner......... Looks like the number is increasing..  :2thumbs:
Troy

hemi68charger

Has anyone, on initative, made hotel reservations already for the event? I'm looking for a hotel now with a friend but don't want to place a reservation at a place that's about booked. I would rather stay at a place, even if it is a little further from the track ( a cost savings as well ), where there would be more Aero participants..
Troy

hemi68charger

Got a hold of Marty Burke. He won't be able to go since it is right before Carlisle, but he's going to spread the word to the FOMOCO camp. I don't have one Ford/Mercury confirmed for attendence....

Later on today, I'll add the hotel where I'm staying...... It's not the cheapest in the world, but it is no where near the prices of those right next to the track....
Troy

hemi68charger

I reserved some rooms for the family and I at the Best Western Plus (940-591-7726) in Denton. Didn't think about blocking the rooms, maybe next year or whenever there maybe another event.. I'll post a snapshot of where I'm staying. The snapshot has the phone numbers to the left. As of yesterday, there were plenty of rooms available........ It isn't far from the North side of Ft. Worth. As soon as I hear something from the track in regards to tickets, time of arrival, etc, I'll pass it on......

Cheers,
Troy

Troy

hemi68charger

Hello again to all...

I've emailing back and forth with the track this morning........

I'm in need of a head count on who's more than likely going to attend and the number of people you might have with you. ( this is primarily for ticket count. Last time I understand, there was going to be between 2 and 4 tickets per car). The email I got this morning stated "If there are 10 cars, we can set aside 40 seats". I'll hold that as a potential depending on how many cars there are..

Cheers,
Troy
Troy

70moparman

Id love to go, just dont have the wing car yet...  :'(   I will be there in spirit!  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Looks like I have 10 to 11 cars committed on going. To all those who frequent this board who are attending I will probably ask you all to meet me at the hotel I'm staying at in Denton so I can pass things out. The track will be sending me credentials, so that's pretty much it now. Since my family's not going, I'm thinking of going to the NASCAR truck race Friday night....

Cheers,
Troy
Troy

3--Daytona

hemi68charger   Hi Troy,  I,m somewhat confused. Age has nothing to do with it,,,
What are the exact dates for Texas   Speedway events?  I see both 012 and 013,

hemi68charger

Quote from: 3--Daytona on May 31, 2013, 08:08:01 AM

hemi68charger   Hi Troy,  I,m somewhat confused. Age has nothing to do with it,,,
What are the exact dates for Texas   Speedway events?  I see both 012 and 013,

Jim, it is next Sat., the 8th of June, 2013........ I see now what you are talking about...... The advertisement I copied dies say 2012, but it is 2013.......... Are you coming? I will have to call the track to get another pass sent to me....... I haven't gotten them yet.....

Call me if you're wishing to go so I can try to contact the track as soon as possible......

Troy
832-498-4406
Troy

3--Daytona

TROY,,,,,,Looks like I wont be going any where for awhile,,,,, I was opening a gate to start hay cutting for this year,,,,,,
got my foot caught in some weeds,,,  fell,,,,dislocated,shoulder,,severed ligament's that attach to collar bone,,,..................
looks like  Black Gold will stay in the trailer for awhile..
Hope you have a great weekend  and good weather,,,,      Jim

hemi68charger

Quote from: 3--Daytona on June 02, 2013, 08:27:37 AM
TROY,,,,,,Looks like I wont be going any where for awhile,,,,, I was opening a gate to start hay cutting for this year,,,,,,
got my foot caught in some weeds,,,  fell,,,,dislocated,shoulder,,severed ligament's that attach to collar bone,,,..................
looks like  Black Gold will stay in the trailer for awhile..
Hope you have a great weekend  and good weather,,,,      Jim

Ah Jim,,,
Man... I'm sorry to hear that...... :(  Hope your recovery is a speedy one...........  Those dang weeds !!!!   :flame:
Troy

hemi68charger

Well, looks like things are pushing forward without problems. We did loose two participants who gave their all, but there are times that are more important than a car function, we'll miss them... Looks like we'll have 9 total........

Three of us will be cruising up from Houston in the morning and hopefully arriving at the track between noon and 1pm to get the lay-of-the-land and logistics. Looks like the weather will be in our favor and clear, so that's very cool. Look forward in getting things squared away and maybe catching the NASCAR truck race Friday night.... I'll hopefully be able to update as the day goes along with this new "smart" phone I have.......  :icon_smile_big:

Cheers,
T
Troy

hemi68charger

All loaded up and ready for the morning cruise to Ft. Worth. Hopefully we'll get there without drama and to the track by lunch time to scope things out, a RECON.....

Yes, she's all strapped down as well..  :yesnod:
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

mauve66

so i have to ask, are the ramps under the trk due to the trailer ramp/nose issue??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hemi68charger

Quote from: mauve66 on June 07, 2013, 06:43:16 PM
so i have to ask, are the ramps under the trk due to the trailer ramp/nose issue??

Yes, short of having to purchase a completely new configuration, the tip of the front spoiler will hit the back edge of the trailer, period.......... Soooooooo, we have to "adjust" the situation. We've done it many many times. Eventually, I'll get a trailer, probably an enclosed version or a tilt-type.

Troy

tan top

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 06, 2013, 10:08:14 PM
All loaded up and ready for the morning cruise to Ft. Worth. Hopefully we'll get there without drama and to the track by lunch time to scope things out, a RECON.....

Yes, she's all strapped down as well..  :yesnod:

:drool5:  love the look with them wheels ,  looks mean & ready to run   :yesnod: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brutalowner

69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: Brutalowner on June 10, 2013, 01:25:14 PM
Any report on the event? :popcrn: :popcrn:

I have to reduce the file sizes of the photos I took, then I'll post pictures here, probably later on this evening..............   Sorry, run-on sentence.......  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

hemi68charger

Here are pictures of the weekend's trip, races, display and parade lap. Thanks to Tuffy for a lot of them.....

1. meeting up
2. Helped a Mom and Daughter with the nail in their car... You go Boy !! ( Cliff and Tuffy did most the work )
3. Lil' ole me
4. Arrival at TMS
Troy