News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If they were only MoPaR Aero Cars.....

Started by Beep Beep Dave, November 18, 2011, 09:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Beep Beep Dave

I will try again?

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-2-1969-Mercury-Cyclone-Spoiler-IIs-W0QQAdIdZ306650723

Here are 2 very rare 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II's

1 is a Dan Gurney car and 1 is a Cale Yarborough car. These are very rare Aero Cars that Ford produced to go after the Superbirds and Daytona's. There were only approx 220 of these cars produced.
These cars will require total restoration but will be sold compete. Yes there is some rust but there is no rot at all on the car and the frames are in great shape and so are the cowls.
They are 351 Windsor Automatic bench seat cars. Here is your chance to own a rare piece of history.

Asking $15,000 or best offer for the pair. Willing to separate for the right price but would prefer to go as a pair.

More pictures available if interested.

Cars are in Orangeville, listing for a friend, not mine but I took all the pictures

1970 Charger R/T

BigBlackDodge

I thought they had to produce at least 500 to qualify for racing?

BBD

Budnicks

That looks like a decent deal someone needs to snatch them up & save them for sure...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

held1823

man, that would be quite the score. here are the photos from the listing
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Man, that is nice........... I would mind owning that puppy.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 18, 2011, 10:34:15 PM

There's two so its puppies.....

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Bob T

The link goes 404 , damn again.
Thanks for putting up the pics Dave, not trying to kick a wedge under the door with the Pentastar honcho's but that's one Ford that  I desire to own. Just had a big spend up though and waiting for the boat to dock with the new ride, it will be a long time away before I could get into a another car.

A friend of mine out here has a Dan Gurney and his brother has the Cale Yarborough, quite a low build count and a real part of the history years car. He's also been over to a Wing Reunion

Another guy out here has a couple of Twister Special Cyclone Spoiler II's one auto and one manual. They absolutely rock in my book
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

tan top

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 18, 2011, 10:34:15 PM

:yesnod: 

if i had the dough  would put a 4 speed &  boss 9  motor it   :coolgleamA: :drive:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

472 R/T SE

That car was a big reason for Mopar going to the extreme they did.

Mikesmoparperformance

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 19, 2011, 10:07:31 PM
That car was a big reason for Mopar going to the extreme they did.

Indeed glad they did it, if not we never had the wing cars that we have today!
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

pettybird

Aero426

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on November 18, 2011, 09:51:28 PM
I thought they had to produce at least 500 to qualify for racing?

Between the two paint treatments (Cale and Dan) over 500 were produced according to Kevin Marti's Ford database.    There is a specific DSO number (7024) on the data tag to call out a Spoiler II.    Yes I am aware of the story of W-nose Spoilers being included in the count, and they do not have the unique DSO code.  

Beep Beep Dave

Well the ads gone, seems somebody wanted them.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

aldfaa

Update on the cars -

After first seeing the link to the classifieds add at the beginning of this thread, I began to contemplate the purchase of these cars. The cars were in Canada so I wanted to do some research to see what would be involved in bringing them home. Well after a few weeks I was comfortable with what was involved I decided I would call on them.  Since I was late to the game, the add had expired and I had failed to record the contact information.
So I began nationwide searches for one a little more local in the States. During this time, I joined the Talladega registry site which also registers the Cyclones. I did end up locating one closer that was in similar shape but ultimately a deal was not struck.  After more research, I found more pictures of the Canadian car on a picture-hosting website. I did a search on the user ID of the picture poster and found that he was selling some car parts in Toronto Canada. I contacted him, and he informed me that the cars were not his, he just took the pictures of them. But he did have the owners contact information! I called that night and talked to the owner who had both a Cale and Dan Spoiler II. While talking with him, I sensed that he really wasn't ready to sell them. After some more talking, he mentioned he really wanted to keep the Dan car but would sell the Cale. Arrangements were made and a deposit was sent. Now this all tool place December to January.
The decision was made that I would pick up the car and transport it 1,300 miles back home. The car was in the Toronto area, and I am located in Kansas. I got my paperwork filled for a passport and waited for some warmer weather. I was originally going to borrow an open car trailer for the trip, but I have been wanting a enclosed for a few years so thought this was a good reason to justify the purchase. After looking local, I found that Haulmark had a factory real close to the route I was traveling and offered factory pick-up. While not exactly what I wanted -they  had a 24' trailer on hand. I really wanted a v-nose but the only had a round nose ready to go. Being that the factory pickup was 800 miles from my house, I was happy that would be 800 unloaded miles so I would save on fuel.
Me and the wife left the house on Sunday 4/16/2012 headed to Bristol to get the Trailer. Got the trailer on Monday and headed on to Toronto. Got in late Tuesday night and got a motel room. Crossing the border was easy and the customs and border patrol agents were easy to deal with.  Now for the fun part, I got to see the car and take delivery Wednesday morning!
From there we headed down to Buffalo to go see Niagara Falls. Crossing make in was also real easy. Just mentioned at the check point I would like to import the car. They sent me in to do some additional paper work which was easy and a big plus was that the Customs and Border agent that I had seemed to be into old cars and was very decent during the process. I had filled out the DOT and EPA forms in advance. They gave be some additional paper work and the process was complete in less than 45 mins.
Went in to go see Niagara, and rode the Made of the Mist. From there, finished driving 1,200 miles back home with the occasional stop and some truck stops/rest stops to catch up on sleep. The drive was uneventful until about 200 miles from home when the trailer had a blow out at 9:00PM in the middle of nowhere. Unhitched and went into town, but did not locate a spare. I called up my brother in law, told him where I was and he would met be in the morning with a spare from his trailer.  Spent the night sleeping on an interstate access ramp that night, and the brother in law bailed me out first thing in the morning. So now, the car is residing at its new home!

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20

moparstuart

Quote from: aldfaa on April 20, 2012, 08:54:01 AM
Update on the cars -

After first seeing the link to the classifieds add at the beginning of this thread, I began to contemplate the purchase of these cars. The cars were in Canada so I wanted to do some research to see what would be involved in bringing them home. Well after a few weeks I was comfortable with what was involved I decided I would call on them.  Since I was late to the game, the add had expired and I had failed to record the contact information.
So I began nationwide searches for one a little more local in the States. During this time, I joined the Talladega registry site which also registers the Cyclones. I did end up locating one closer that was in similar shape but ultimately a deal was not struck.  After more research, I found more pictures of the Canadian car on a picture-hosting website. I did a search on the user ID of the picture poster and found that he was selling some car parts in Toronto Canada. I contacted him, and he informed me that the cars were not his, he just took the pictures of them. But he did have the owners contact information! I called that night and talked to the owner who had both a Cale and Dan Spoiler II. While talking with him, I sensed that he really wasn't ready to sell them. After some more talking, he mentioned he really wanted to keep the Dan car but would sell the Cale. Arrangements were made and a deposit was sent. Now this all tool place December to January.
The decision was made that I would pick up the car and transport it 1,300 miles back home. The car was in the Toronto area, and I am located in Kansas. I got my paperwork filled for a passport and waited for some warmer weather. I was originally going to borrow an open car trailer for the trip, but I have been wanting a enclosed for a few years so thought this was a good reason to justify the purchase. After looking local, I found that Haulmark had a factory real close to the route I was traveling and offered factory pick-up. While not exactly what I wanted -they  had a 24' trailer on hand. I really wanted a v-nose but the only had a round nose ready to go. Being that the factory pickup was 800 miles from my house, I was happy that would be 800 unloaded miles so I would save on fuel.
Me and the wife left the house on Sunday 4/16/2012 headed to Bristol to get the Trailer. Got the trailer on Monday and headed on to Toronto. Got in late Tuesday night and got a motel room. Crossing the border was easy and the customs and border patrol agents were easy to deal with.  Now for the fun part, I got to see the car and take delivery Wednesday morning!
From there we headed down to Buffalo to go see Niagara Falls. Crossing make in was also real easy. Just mentioned at the check point I would like to import the car. They sent me in to do some additional paper work which was easy and a big plus was that the Customs and Border agent that I had seemed to be into old cars and was very decent during the process. I had filled out the DOT and EPA forms in advance. They gave be some additional paper work and the process was complete in less than 45 mins.
Went in to go see Niagara, and rode the Made of the Mist. From there, finished driving 1,200 miles back home with the occasional stop and some truck stops/rest stops to catch up on sleep. The drive was uneventful until about 200 miles from home when the trailer had a blow out at 9:00PM in the middle of nowhere. Unhitched and went into town, but did not locate a spare. I called up my brother in law, told him where I was and he would met be in the morning with a spare from his trailer.  Spent the night sleeping on an interstate access ramp that night, and the brother in law bailed me out first thing in the morning. So now, the car is residing at its new home!

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20
awesome  where are you from in kansas ???   this is my buddys Cale  he's from olathe kansas  
   did yours end up with the passenger door off the gurney car    :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

aldfaa

awesome  where are you from in kansas ???   this is my buddys Cale  he's from olathe kansas  
   did yours end up with the passenger door off the gurney car    :shruggy:
[/quote]

I am located in central Kansas

I am not for sure when the quarter damage happened to the car, but I am gussing it was long long ago. There is a sticker on the bumper from lynchburg virgina for a 68-69 high school parking permit, an another for the seeling dealer in lynchburg also. I;ll have to go out and get the name again. Anyways in looks like it was local to that area untill 1978 as i have a copy of a title from that time. I am assuming that is when the car went to Canada. If I am recalling the story correctly, the gentleman I purchased the car from got both this and the Gurney car from a buddy of his that was decessed, so I am guessing his buddy originally imported it to Canada. He did say that his buddy purchased it for not allot of money because the owners at the time had no idea what it was. So I am guessing he got a good deal on it. ;D

I am under the impression that the door came from a color code car (which is a neat car in its own) or one of the purported W nose mirage cars but it did not come off of the Gurney that he still has.

Also included was a very decent quarter from the same car the door came from, the quarter was cut through the center of the trunk floor and has good wheel wells and subframe.

The car is short the original engine and transmission, and does have some rust in the floor pans. Other than the engine and trans it doeas appear to be mostly complete and in fairly good shape for restoration.

moparstuart

Quote from: aldfaa on April 20, 2012, 03:33:01 PM
  did yours end up with the passenger door off the gurney car    :shruggy:

I am located in central Kansas

I am not for sure when the quarter damage happened to the car, but I am gussing it was long long ago. There is a sticker on the bumper from lynchburg virgina for a 68-69 high school parking permit, an another for the seeling dealer in lynchburg also. I;ll have to go out and get the name again. Anyways in looks like it was local to that area untill 1978 as i have a copy of a title from that time. I am assuming that is when the car went to Canada. If I am recalling the story correctly, the gentleman I purchased the car from got both this and the Gurney car from a buddy of his that was decessed, so I am guessing his buddy originally imported it to Canada. He did say that his buddy purchased it for not allot of money because the owners at the time had no idea what it was. So I am guessing he got a good deal on it. ;D

I am under the impression that the door came from a color code car (which is a neat car in its own) or one of the purported W nose mirage cars but it did not come off of the Gurney that he still has.

Also included was a very decent quarter from the same car the door came from, the quarter was cut through the center of the trunk floor and has good wheel wells and subframe.

The car is short the original engine and transmission, and does have some rust in the floor pans. Other than the engine and trans it doeas appear to be mostly complete and in fairly good shape for restoration.

[/quote] RTdaddy (barry) on the board here is from lynchburg Va Area
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

Quote from: aldfaa on April 20, 2012, 08:54:01 AM
Update on the cars -

After first seeing the link to the classifieds add at the beginning of this thread, I began to contemplate the purchase of these cars. The cars were in Canada so I wanted to do some research to see what would be involved in bringing them home. Well after a few weeks I was comfortable with what was involved I decided I would call on them.  Since I was late to the game, the add had expired and I had failed to record the contact information.
So I began nationwide searches for one a little more local in the States. During this time, I joined the Talladega registry site which also registers the Cyclones. I did end up locating one closer that was in similar shape but ultimately a deal was not struck.  After more research, I found more pictures of the Canadian car on a picture-hosting website. I did a search on the user ID of the picture poster and found that he was selling some car parts in Toronto Canada. I contacted him, and he informed me that the cars were not his, he just took the pictures of them. But he did have the owners contact information! I called that night and talked to the owner who had both a Cale and Dan Spoiler II. While talking with him, I sensed that he really wasn't ready to sell them. After some more talking, he mentioned he really wanted to keep the Dan car but would sell the Cale. Arrangements were made and a deposit was sent. Now this all tool place December to January.
The decision was made that I would pick up the car and transport it 1,300 miles back home. The car was in the Toronto area, and I am located in Kansas. I got my paperwork filled for a passport and waited for some warmer weather. I was originally going to borrow an open car trailer for the trip, but I have been wanting a enclosed for a few years so thought this was a good reason to justify the purchase. After looking local, I found that Haulmark had a factory real close to the route I was traveling and offered factory pick-up. While not exactly what I wanted -they  had a 24' trailer on hand. I really wanted a v-nose but the only had a round nose ready to go. Being that the factory pickup was 800 miles from my house, I was happy that would be 800 unloaded miles so I would save on fuel.
Me and the wife left the house on Sunday 4/16/2012 headed to Bristol to get the Trailer. Got the trailer on Monday and headed on to Toronto. Got in late Tuesday night and got a motel room. Crossing the border was easy and the customs and border patrol agents were easy to deal with.  Now for the fun part, I got to see the car and take delivery Wednesday morning!
Went in to go see Niagara, and rode the Made of the Mist. From there, finished driving 1,200 miles back home with the occasional stop and some truck stops/rest stops to catch up on sleep. The drive was uneventful until about 200 miles from home when the trailer had a blow out at 9:00PM in the middle of nowhere. Unhitched and went into town, but did not locate a spare. I called up my brother in law, told him where I was and he would met be in the morning with a spare from his trailer.  Spent the night sleeping on an interstate access ramp that night, and the brother in law bailed me out first thing in the morning. So now, the car is residing at its new home!

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20

By aldfaa at 2012-04-20

:coolgleamA: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

472 R/T SE

Right on!

aldfaa, I'm from Hays.  Do you remember Jerry Junemann?  I have some old 8mm video I've been meaning to transfer to DVD so I can put it on YouTube of Wheels-N-Spokes.  I was in that museum so many times, back then these cars were just that...,cars.

His kid was the only walk on for the KU basketball team this year.

aldfaa

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 20, 2012, 07:20:01 PM
Right on!

aldfaa, I'm from Hays.  Do you remember Jerry Junemann?  I have some old 8mm video I've been meaning to transfer to DVD so I can put it on YouTube of Wheels-N-Spokes.  I was in that museum so many times, back then these cars were just that...,cars.

His kid was the only walk on for the KU basketball team this year.

I went looking for the museum once I heard about it but it was closed up for good at that point. I am a young one at 28 so I don't have many contacts in the world of vintage cars. I went looking for the museum as I have an wing car addiction and hope to own one "someday"

aldfaa

the dealer sticker on the bumper is Bob Cash Lincoln-Mercury of lynchburg. I do have a name of a previous owner that lived there however I came up empty handed doing a search for her.

Beep Beep Dave

Congrats on the purchase, please send the finder fee, I accept cash, parts or beer :cheers:
Best of luck with it.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T