News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cooter said his piece so when will the PC cops chime in?

Started by bull, August 03, 2005, 07:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Just wondering when the PC cops will weigh in on the DOH movie and start crying about the confederate flag?

tomonty

I am really suprised they aren't screaming already. But I am sure it is bound to happen. ::)
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Plum Crazy 71

You mean that there is something wrong with the flag that is covering my window?
To set the bar higher than you can reach is a dumb way to do pull-ups.

FastbackJon

I have a confederate flag licence plate like the cop cars had as their front plates on the show. Also in 2001 when I was in Europe, one of my visits was the Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi in Italy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_San_Francesco_d%27Assisi

...and just outside there was a shop and of all things they were selling confederate flag bandanas, lol.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Vainglory, Esq.

The confederate flag is a symbol of liberty in Europe; it doesn't have the same connotations at all.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on August 03, 2005, 07:30:44 PM
Just wondering when the PC cops will weigh in on the DOH movie and start crying about the confederate flag?

They already have!  I was reading about it almost a year ago when they were talking about making the movie.  I read some posts on the Internet Movie Database.  As far as what has been said in the media, I haven't heard anything as of yet.

Lowprofile

Its only a matter of time before some do-gooder tells us how this movie will trigger the fall of western civilization. :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL