News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 500 @ R&R Auto Salvage from mid 90s

Started by StoneCold, November 23, 2011, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

im gona have to shout at him. i would love to see that. thanks. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

thanks :2thumbs: just looked at the site and sent him a message. just ordered. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

wow thats cool i was at that car show  , have been a member of HPAC since it started in 85  and the treasurer for the last 16 years
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Treasurer for 16 years.......8 cars in his sig............1 car every 2 years...... :scratchchin:      :nana:

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 02, 2011, 03:08:43 PM
Treasurer for 16 years.......8 cars in his sig............1 car every 2 years...... :scratchchin:      :nana:
only 6 different cars in the sig , I owned four mopars  before joining and still have 2 of them .  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:    turned 16 in 84 and joined hpac in 85 .  MOPAR  OF NO CAR  FOREVER

its been a profitable gig   :icon_smile_big:   

maxwellwedge

red69superbee

Hey guys, thanks for the info on the video, i ordered one too!

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on December 01, 2011, 10:56:57 AM
couple more

the light blue 68 was a j-code Hemi Charger, saw it back in 1999

Carsten

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on December 08, 2011, 03:21:05 PM
Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on December 01, 2011, 10:56:57 AM
couple more

Carsten

..........honestly I had forgotten that, clearly why I took several photos of that car specifically (as many as the 500 & AAR). 

StoneCold

Quote from: fc7_plumcrazy on December 08, 2011, 03:21:05 PM

Amazing the car would be still kicking around there even in '99

Howie

I used to own the green one with the cowl damage. I still have the A pillars and sold the back glass and molding to a friend in town.. I bought the car for 3k.

Howie

I bought the cowl damaged C500 in around 94 not long after I had gotten married. There wasn`t much left up at R&R as it was all getting cleared out.  My mother told me I got taken to the bank when she found out how much I paid for the car. Little did she know.  When I bought the car the mo title said it was an XS car so I had to go the the state trooper to get that fixed. Wanted to build a daytona out of it but when we moved and built a shop the car had to go to help pay for it.  I have a charger that I am building into a Nascar version that I am using the A pillars on.

moparstuart

Quote from: Howie on December 13, 2011, 05:46:21 AM
I bought the cowl damaged C500 in around 94 not long after I had gotten married. There wasn`t much left up at R&R as it was all getting cleared out.  My mother told me I got taken to the bank when she found out how much I paid for the car. Little did she know.  When I bought the car the mo title said it was an XS car so I had to go the the state trooper to get that fixed. Wanted to build a daytona out of it but when we moved and built a shop the car had to go to help pay for it.  I have a charger that I am building into a Nascar version that I am using the A pillars on.
i have a set of new repop a pillars i would gladly trade you for an original set   :shruggy: :D

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 13, 2011, 11:32:26 AM
Quote from: Howie on December 13, 2011, 05:46:21 AM
...the car had to go to help pay for it. ...

Does the 500 still exist?
if i understand correctly its the car  member   red69superbee   now owns 

CornDogsCharger

Howie, do you have any older pictures from when you owner the car?

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

StoneCold

I got the video with the tour of R&R...definitely worth the purchase in my opinion if you've been there or just have an interest in a collection like this. Ron gives a rundown of many of the 440 six pack and hemi cars in the the collection. He mentioned several times about creating a museum when he had enough cars restored.  Did he ever get a chance to restore many? He did mention a few that were done. Was trying to collect a six pack and hemi of everything made and had several cars to trade. Sounded like he was trading hockey cards :)  His tour was about 40mins of the video. Could have been a little better if all they walked up to all the cars being talked about instead of just standing at the end of a small row and panning around. Often you could barely see the car when they were behind one another. At any rate, still worth the purchase I felt.

He also had a B5 blue Hemi Charger 500...don't know if that one has been discussed before...as well as a Superbird. They also showed the copper Daytona with the R/T emblem on the rear panel. Mentioned another Charger 500 but it was never in plain sight...could have been under a tarp.

Howie

Aside from the A pillar car that I bought they had another green C500 inside that was a running car less back glass and trim. The asking price for it then was 5500 which a friend of mine purchased and later sold and offered it to me.  I should have bought it. Would have been the best 5k I ever spent. At that time he still didnt have a glass for it. I think it went to oklahoma.

Xenon

Here is a scan of advertisement from 1992 R&R put in several publications...

Sort of gives an idea just how large this place was....

nvrbdn

thats pretty cool. i still have a few of those post cards they gave out back then. i need to try to find them.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Downtown

Hi!  My name is Julie Brown and I am the daughter of the late Ron Slobe from R&R Auto Salvage in Aurora, MO.  The Salvage yard had been sold and resold since he past away from cancer so they are unaware of the whereabouts of any of Ron's prior Mopar collection.  We currently are looking for any information of any of my father's old car collection.  We would love copies of pictures, videos or an opportunity to view some of his prior car collection whether restored or not. We have a 15 year old son who is very interested in Mopars so we thought it would be fun to show him how much he would have loved hanging out with his grandfather.   

Thank You,
Julie Brown

moparstuart

Quote from: Downtown on November 22, 2012, 11:40:57 PM
Hi!  My name is Julie Brown and I am the daughter of the late Ron Slobe from R&R Auto Salvage in Aurora, MO.  The Salvage yard had been sold and resold since he past away from cancer so they are unaware of the whereabouts of any of Ron's prior Mopar collection.  We currently are looking for any information of any of my father's old car collection.  We would love copies of pictures, videos or an opportunity to view some of his prior car collection whether restored or not. We have a 15 year old son who is very interested in Mopars so we thought it would be fun to show him how much he would have loved hanging out with his grandfather.    

Thank You,
Julie Brown
Welcome Julie glad you came here , I met your dad several times at swap meets and toured the yard a couple times .  Great guy and the yard was a great fun amazing place to come and visit .

nvrbdn

hello julie,  welcome to the site. what a great place R&R was. i enjoyed each visit i made to the yard through the years. glad you stopped in. hope you find some jewels. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

3--Daytona

What can I say-----Ron Slobe was a (( ICON }} of Mopar World,, knew more about  Mopars than anyone in the world at the time.
I knew Ron many years,, from before Mopars were hot, till the end. I live 30 miles from the old R&R so was there many times.
    The barn was a as-um place,cars door handle to door handle,------But  --If you wanted to see the really good stuff,,,basement of the house,
     Some of the cars mention above I vaguely recall but  its 7 to 8 years to late ask now,,, I do remember the c-500  with no back glass. Tried to buy it. Several parts on my black Daytona came from Ron.
   Julie,,,,Good luck on your  task.