News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

barracuda plymouth superbird concept car....on ebay

Started by petercharger, November 24, 2011, 11:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharger

interesting car..to bad..to big of a wing and should have painted it a color that was not a stock for plymouth....lots of money..here is the id number to search for it...180761299032 or 1968 Plymouth Barracuda
:nana:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

petercharger

best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

Golden-Arm

Aero426

Quote from: Golden-Arm on November 24, 2011, 12:42:06 PM
posted here now, for the 5th time..... :brickwall:

And it's probably been posted five times on EVERY Mopar message board. 

We already have a long thread for non-factory based wing cars.      Maybe it should get stickied. 

pettybird

yes, and I still say we call it 'wing car abortions.'

Charger RT

first time I have seen this. I kind of like it. Would have liked it better in either red or orange or black. I do not like the tail lights or those turn signals in the front. 
Tim

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

djcarguy

HATERS,,,WHY???  -----------------------------------------------------------WHY NOT?????????
  LEAST SO AN SO CALLED IT OR SAID, SHOULD BE CALLED  WING CAR??????????  abortion.

SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY HATERS ARE AFEW THAT WERE BORN WITH A SILVER WING IN THIER MOUTH,,OR STUCK SIDE WAYS UP THIER ARSE???????  AFEW THAT WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE BORN INTO A WING FAMILY OR WING BRAINWASHED FROM NEARLY ,TIME THEY HATCHED OR WERE FOUND AT GRAND CANYON RIM WAY SIDE???

GOD IT GETS OLD,EVERY TIME SOMEONE HAS A VIVID IMAGINATION OR PERSONAL IDEA ,AND WORKS THEIR BUT OFF TO PLAN OR BUILD A CUSTOM WING CAR.A FEW ARSE HAVE TO RUN IT DOWN AND SPREAD HATE??? WHY NOT BUILD WHAT ONE CAN AFFORD AND DREAM UP???DOES IT IN ANY WAY HURT THE VALUE OR CLASS OF A REAL VIN # CAR??? WENT IT IS A DIFFERENT YEAR AND BODY STYLE .HOW COULD IT EVER BE CONFUSSED FOR REAL OR HURT THE VALUE OF REAL ONES???
      BEFORE HATING AND RUNNING DOWN OTHERs,SHOW US YOUR PERFECT,FINISHED,REAL WING CARS?????DJ-DARTONA KID ,OK NOT A KID ANYMORE AND DARTONA IS MY LAST DREAM AND SHOT OF WING CAR,,,BYE

p.sWHAT YA GUESS 1OR2 DOZON CUSTOM OFF YR AND BODY ,WING CAR IN THE WORLD.MAYBE I DOZON?????

Budnicks

:hah: I kind of like it, I wouldn't build 1 myself, it's not my thing, but I think it shows some real ingenuity & craftsmanship, kind of plays to the thought of all things winged cars, what if  :icon_smile_question:....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

djcarguy

LOV IT,lots of work and talent and person al touch.2 things for me i wood do different are tail lights and those gray fish decals,bout it.
love the in your face color and wheels.the small size is great least it will fit in the garage,hahaha.and you can get it turned around without going to the airport for enough space to turn it,hahaha.
   lets all lighten up and enjoy these cars and the custom ones that dont hurt anyone ,now say it was a76 yorker 4door with wing,oh well long as the guy is happy and havin fun,who cares or has a right to hate on it???????dj

fm3 70 rt

hater ? i dont think so . buy it now 45k w/ 100k into it , hes either smokin some good stuff & has money to burn with too much time on his hands or both . its a one off ride for sure , not my cup o' tea . for 100k you could build one hell of a clone or get real bird  :Twocents:

DonC1

Interesting replies to this non legit car...makes one wonder if Creative were given these cars to alter way back when instead of the RR, what the reaction would be nowadays if somebody came along and altered a 70 RR with a nose and wing to this degree...

BigBlockSam

it's a cool little car . there asking way to much money for it but it don' look like an abortion to me  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

held1823

my favorite dream is an aero car forum about aero cars. i also dream about breyer's ice cream. neither dream contains any artificial ingredients.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BigBlockSam

Quotemy favorite dream is an aero car forum about aero cars. i also dream about breyer's ice cream. neither dream contains any artificial ingredients.

maybe you should start your own Aero forum . it sounds like it would be a fun place to hang out
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Budnicks

:hah: Unfortunately as you well know, there isn't very many REAL AERO CARS, to go around to all the people that would like to have 1 now, they couldn't hardly even sell them originally, otherwise the sales numbers would be much higher & more available Real Winged Cars & Aero Cars would be out there.... Whata shame I would have bought 1 if I wasn't 9-10-11 years old at the time...

Budnicks

Quote from: held1823 on November 25, 2011, 04:51:06 PM
my favorite dream is an aero car forum about aero cars. i also dream about breyer's ice cream. neither dream contains any artificial ingredients.
Isn't there a Winged Warriors forum/blog  :icon_smile_question:

Aero426

Quote from: DonC1 on November 25, 2011, 04:31:27 PM
Interesting replies to this non legit car...makes one wonder if Creative were given these cars to alter way back when instead of the RR, what the reaction would be nowadays if somebody came along and altered a 70 RR with a nose and wing to this degree...

The thing is, that could never happen, because the Barracuda was too small to race.   Thus it would never be a candidate to be altered.  In general, I think that people who are fans of the fantasy cars may not understand the original intent of the Daytona and Superbird,  which was purely to be a fast race car.    

I can accept the convertibles because it is at least a B-body, AND they built the Supercharger.   I can accept the '71's because they were proposed.   Some of the other stuff I just don't relate to.

Aero426

Quote from: Budnicks on November 25, 2011, 04:58:57 PM
:hah: Unfortunately as you well know, there isn't very many REAL AERO CARS, to go around to all the people that would like to have 1 now, they couldn't hardly even sell them originally, otherwise the sales numbers would be much higher & more available Real Winged Cars & Aero Cars would be out there.... Whata shame I would have bought 1 if I wasn't 9-10-11 years old at the time...

No there wouldn't be more available.   There were only enough of the money losers made to satisfy the rules to go racing,and that's it.    Sales or lack thereof was a secondary problem that the marketing people were told to deal with.   This is another example of not truly understanding the original program.    Although we might think they are cool, these cars were not made to look cool.   There were not made with the intent of selling them to make money.  They knew the cars would sell only to a fringe element of the car enthusiast base.

Budnicks

Quote from: Aero426 on November 25, 2011, 05:09:06 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on November 25, 2011, 04:58:57 PM

No there wouldn't be more available.   There were only enough of the money losers made to satisfy the rules to go racing,and that's it.    Sales or lack thereof was a secondary problem.   This is another example of not truly understanding the original program.    Although we might think they are cool, these cars were not made to look cool.   There were not made to sell, but to a fringe element of the car enthusiast base.
I understand completely it's a racing rules thing, that they needed to produce a specific number of units for sale to the public to be legal for use on the track Ford & Chrysler both, my point is just there aren't enough "real 1's to go around" so people make Clones & bastard versions of them to sooth themselves & pay homage to them...

Aero426

I would say that with 2500 wing cars, there probably ARE enough to go around.   It's just that the price point is too high.   

Budnicks

Quote from: Aero426 on November 25, 2011, 05:24:06 PM
I would say that with 2500 wing cars, there probably ARE enough to go around.   It's just that the price point is too high.   
Yep maybe that too..LOL... That is my biggest deterrent for sure...

maxwellwedge

I'm ok with Aero cars and clones of them being together in this sub forum....because, hey, that is the description of the sub forum.

I think the rest should go in the Car Guys Discussion.

Aero426

It's hard to say how many more cars they would have to have built to erode the price of the factory cars today.   I am sure it is far more than the number of clones built or being built.   It's probably safe to say they could have doubled Daytona production and it wouldn't have any effect on the car values now.