News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

barracuda plymouth superbird concept car....on ebay

Started by petercharger, November 24, 2011, 11:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

If it means I am a hater to say that I think that thing is ugly then so be it.  I remember when liking or NOT LIKING was just a simple matter of persoanl taste.  But since I think that thing is hideous then go ahead and call me hater.  (wait a minute, wouldn't labelling me a hater also be the act of a hater????? what? wait that cant be)

Seriously though,  I dont find it attractive in any way and I sure as hell dont have a silver wing or anything else like that.  Good taste maybe but hardly a silver wing.

held1823

Quote from: maxwellwedge on November 25, 2011, 05:29:57 PM
I'm ok with Aero cars and clones of them being together in this sub forum....because, hey, that is the description of the sub forum.

if the GM boys catch wind of the forum's description, we can start discussing these aero cars.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

djcarguy

hey ghoste,i said afew hater that alway put down and hate,clones and customs.because they dont have the holy grail vin#s.i think there is less than 2dozon custom off yr and model wings ever built.  most for a personal dream and lack of funds to buy the real # cars. or high cost of correct b body and all the clone parts and body work.

say500 daytonas and near 2000 superbirds is,,,was 2500 cars 40 years ago.how many real one still survive???????
 take over 10,000 members on this site alone plus all other site and people that want one.plus the cost today and the people that have 2,3 or more already,there is not enough even for the guy with the funds to jump and get one when they do come on the market.

thanks my  :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:dj,seen 1 real one in 20yrs and it is a project shipped to welbys from another state for restore.seen2 clones in 10 yrs driving and having fun???

Ghoste

Okay, that's cool.  (I still dont like that one  :icon_smile_wink: )

Aero426

Quote from: held1823 on November 25, 2011, 05:52:13 PM

if the GM boys catch wind of the forum's description, we can start discussing these aero cars.

Can we put a nose and wing on this?

Ghoste

You can.  Provided of course that it doesn't create an "unfair advantage". :D

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on November 25, 2011, 07:09:47 PM
You can.  Provided of course that it doesn't create an "unfair advantage". :D

Unfair advantage indeed...

Ghoste

djcarguy

how many real vinned wing cars went and were cut up for nascar??? how many were stock rear window cars to start with???how many were real c-500???  any one have numbers as too any full build ,interior cars that would be sent out to a team to gut and strip for the track????

howdy,,Areo 426,like your replys no mean spirit and hate.maybe slight condesending  as to others dont know why these were ever built and race history and only want a wing toy as a fanascy thing. most of us know why and reason these great areo,wing machines were designed and built.
    can you just imagine for a minute,if all the big 3 had a a body size car in68- 69-70 to put in as nascars.lighter and still fit the big blocks sure would have been better in mid to late 70es over some of the fat boat bodies mopar was trying to win races with. now just for gigilles imagine a body 69 cuda or dart fastback daytona,smaller what would that have done to sales if the daytona was lighter and smaller and would fit in a garage and parking space???
     even with 2500 daytonas and 5000 superbirds ,they would be high price and not enough to meet the dreams and demand today :Twocents: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Budnicks

:hah: Those GM things are just butt ugly...  :shruggy: I'm not a GM hatter at all, I just think those are butt ugly examples... :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

DAY CLONA

I've been known to put noses and wings on things other than 69 chargers, and 70 RR's,...but that A bodie looks as "queer" as the new 2011-12 Challengers being out-fitted in wingcar garb, just wrong IMHO

Mike

Budnicks

:hah: Those 71's are pretty damn cool too  :Twocents:  kind of a "what if  :icon_smile_question:"  Here's another, well lets just say different old 1...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

petercharger

I emailed seller about being a prototype and he said that it was worth millions and that it was designed to take out wing cars....wow....trying to pass it as a type car before the winged ones..... :brickwall:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

Ghoste

Great, the car is ugly and the seller is a crook.

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on November 25, 2011, 07:49:07 PM
  how many real vinned wing cars went and were cut up for nascar??? how many were stock rear window cars to start with???how many were real c-500???  any one have numbers as too any full build ,interior cars that would be sent out to a team to gut and strip for the track????

howdy,,Areo 426,like your replys no mean spirit and hate.maybe slight condesending  as to others dont know why these were ever built and race history and only want a wing toy as a fanascy thing. most of us know why and reason these great areo,wing machines were designed and built.
    can you just imagine for a minute,if all the big 3 had a a body size car in68- 69-70 to put in as nascars.lighter and still fit the big blocks sure would have been better in mid to late 70es over some of the fat boat bodies mopar was trying to win races with. now just for gigilles imagine a body 69 cuda or dart fastback daytona,smaller what would that have done to sales if the daytona was lighter and smaller and would fit in a garage and parking space???
     even with 2500 daytonas and 5000 superbirds ,they would be high price and not enough to meet the dreams and demand today :Twocents: :2thumbs: :popcrn:
Can anyone admit or imagine how great a 69 cuda fastback full on daytona or fastback dart daytona would look and  may have sold a lot better???i can envison that .heaven on  wheels..

Aero426

I had a long reply typed yesterday, but I gave up.  So I will try again and keep it simple:

Minimum wheelbase for NASCAR Grand National was 115"   The Chrysler A-body is 111" wheelbase.  So your fantasy car could not race.

Making money on the cars was not an objective.  They just had to get the minimum built as the special program was a large PITA for everyone on the production side.

Even if NASCAR turned the rules upside down,  why would Chrysler spend millions of dollars on a performance package for the lowest car in the line?    

I've never heard of a B-body referred to as a fat boat, being a mid-size car for the time.  

djcarguy

i said mid to late 70 they were trying to race those fat 75 and up bodies,.  what was wheelbase rule for lumina's and that crap in the 80es..now front drive,4door ,camarys and others like it.. yes hard to even compare the real cars of yester year with the front drive junk they make so called  race cars of today.

just day dreaming ,40 years after the fact bout a body race cars .did not take in rules and facts 40 yrs to late anyway.       take care ,hope we can all build and enjoy our toys.

learical1

Bruce

pettybird

can we get back to the original problem, which is that this abortion has now been posted 5 times? 

put a sticky up top for this crap so that "helpful enthusiasts" know which garbage can thread they should post in. 

Golden-Arm

his single shill bid, and dramatically lowered "reserve" price, reeks of desperation. down to less than half original asking, and strangely, his first few auctions had bids in the mid to high 30's. greed: it's a motherf%$^&r..... :icon_smile_big:

djcarguy

Quote from: DAY CLONA on November 25, 2011, 11:48:51 PM
I've been known to put noses and wings on things other than 69 chargers, and 70 RR's,...but that A bodie looks as "queer" as the new 2011-12 Challengers being out-fitted in wingcar garb, just wrong IMHO

Mike
YES it is all DAYCLONA's fault,for putting wings and noses on other year cars??///   TOTALLY KIDDING ,,,, wings and putting them on other years and models has been going on sence the 1st wing car was sold and parts from dealer or crashed cars became available.
     Personally i lov the 71es and glad mike and friends could see out side the tiny box .take a chance and ran with it to build the 71es from pictures and info 30 plus years old and forgotten.thanks the 71es and all winged cars are great to get the imagination flowing. to me one off and customs just add to the picture ,not harm or devalue real # match winged ,areo cars in anyway.  thanks just my :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:

Ghoste

You do know that Mike going outside the "tiny box" is based on engeering drawings from Chrysler?  In other words, he just went to the next step and completed what they were planning to do anyway had NASCAR not banned them. 
Which isn't to take away from him at all.

djcarguy

yes i know the history and info.read bout everything on this site and other warrior winged sites . as to daytonas and superbirds,and info on the 71 future plans and testing. that 40 some years ago they planned and designed winged warrior cars for nascar and winning,only. thanks, always enjoy reading and learning more about wing cars and mopars in general.dj

djcarguy

WOW,i got a superbird and ,and it is smaller than the barracuba bird??? but why did HOT WHEELS make a superbird with the Water mellon ,daytona paint job????   merry xmas and jolly naw year???dj

djcarguy

did it sell???  any one know how much???  any info for the few interested in a what if dream??? thanks  DJ