News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

barracuda plymouth superbird concept car....on ebay

Started by petercharger, November 24, 2011, 11:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Corky's Cuda.............................
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

superbirdtom

Quote from: djcarguy on November 25, 2011, 03:37:23 PM
 HATERS,,,WHY???  -----------------------------------------------------------WHY NOT?????????
  LEAST SO AN SO CALLED IT OR SAID, SHOULD BE CALLED  WING CAR??????????  abortion.

SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY HATERS ARE AFEW THAT WERE BORN WITH A SILVER WING IN THIER MOUTH,,OR STUCK SIDE WAYS UP THIER ARSE???????  AFEW THAT WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE BORN INTO A WING FAMILY OR WING BRAINWASHED FROM NEARLY ,TIME THEY HATCHED OR WERE FOUND AT GRAND CANYON RIM WAY SIDE???

GOD IT GETS OLD,EVERY TIME SOMEONE HAS A VIVID IMAGINATION OR PERSONAL IDEA ,AND WORKS THEIR BUT OFF TO PLAN OR BUILD A CUSTOM WING CAR.A FEW ARSE HAVE TO RUN IT DOWN AND SPREAD HATE??? WHY NOT BUILD WHAT ONE CAN AFFORD AND DREAM UP???DOES IT IN ANY WAY HURT THE VALUE OR CLASS OF A REAL VIN # CAR??? WENT IT IS A DIFFERENT YEAR AND BODY STYLE .HOW COULD IT EVER BE CONFUSSED FOR REAL OR HURT THE VALUE OF REAL ONES???          hey don't feel so bad someone told my real superbird was the ugliest car theyd ever seen .  it was  a customer whom i made his hardtop to a ragtop vette,  now think of what that vette is worth now,  probably sitting in a junkyard.   yours will be around forever.
      BEFORE HATING AND RUNNING DOWN OTHERs,SHOW US YOUR PERFECT,FINISHED,REAL WING CARS?????DJ-DARTONA KID ,OK NOT A KID ANYMORE AND DARTONA IS MY LAST DREAM AND SHOT OF WING CAR,,,BYE

p.sWHAT YA GUESS 1OR2 DOZON CUSTOM OFF YR AND BODY ,WING CAR IN THE WORLD.MAYBE I DOZON?????

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

wingcar

Quote from: Ghoste on February 15, 2012, 09:21:35 AM
Is that the original or a well done copy?

It's one of the originals, If I remember correctly three were built with one being destroyed for the movie.
(Of interest is the George Barris markings on the car.........he didn't build it...Korky's Customs did)

Ghoste

Barris has built a few movie car clones over the years has he not?

wingcar

Quote from: Ghoste on February 15, 2012, 11:30:10 AM
Barris has built a few movie car clones over the years has he not?

Actually, that is true as he did reproduced a third "Monkeemobile" while doing a restoration/resto-mod on one of the two originals.  I guess the point is the original designer/builder never seems to be mentioned, it's always a "Barris" Custom.  Case in point is the Monkeemobile, when it was released in Die-Cast it had Barris's name on the box....didn't see Dean Jeffries name, the original designer/builder anywhere on the box.  I guess it's a case of using The Barris name because he is promoting the cars, and his name is more popular to the general public.....as in the Batman Car, Monster Coach,  etc......
Just sad that those who actually built the orginals are not named................

Ghoste

It's been mentioned several times before but Barris is also very well known for taking credit for cars he had nothing to do with.  His brother did nearly all of the barris customizing.  George has always been much more of a (self) promoter than a doer.

hemi68charger

OK.. Am I a fish or a bird? Pete V. passed this on to me.............  :shruggy:  Thanks.....

Oh yeah... For the Green Team,,, it IS green.............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

why the hell did you start another thread on this piece of crap?????????????????

Budnicks

That car has been all over these Mopars sites for a while now
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Daytona R/T SE

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on February 25, 2012, 03:05:38 PM
why the hell did you start another thread on this piece of crap?????????????????

Yoooo Doug??.. Lighten up...... I didn't know there was "another-first" thread on this "piece of crap"......... Thought some of you would get a good laugh at it........ Apparently not all.  I never saw it before and apparently my friend Pete didn't either....... I'm not going to do a search on every topic I post in fear it might be a repost of a previously posted topic.......

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

cdr

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 25, 2012, 05:15:55 PM

Yoooo Doug??.. Lighten up...... I didn't know there was "another-first" thread on this "piece of crap"......... Thought some of you would get a good laugh at it........ Apparently not all.  I never saw it before and apparently my friend Pete didn't either....... I'm not going to do a search on every topic I post in fear it might be a repost of a previously posted topic.......

WELL SAID
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

70Sbird

Nice looking wooden boat in the background of the first pic though, see it's not a total waste!
:cheers:

Scott Faulkner

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70Sbird on February 25, 2012, 05:22:38 PM
Nice looking wooden boat in the background of the first pic though, see it's not a total waste!
:cheers:

You are correct.......  :2thumbs:
Troy

taxspeaker

Thanks Troy for stating what several of us relative new guys think. We haven't been members for years and don't always do a search of old topics to see if they were posted, so lighten up on us-I know it has kept me from posting almost anything. On the other hand-this is a pretty ugly 68 charger/70 superbird piece of crap!

djcarguy

Check out ,,Winged identity crisis,,,thread for afew more pics?  top pic catches the perfect body seams and craftman "ship''? awesum body and detail to trim, craftman "ship"...   as to  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :Twocents: :cheers: :cheers:the beautiful wood hull boat in back ground of pic.. :drool5:

Indygenerallee

God that thing is attrocious.  :sick: And I agree George Barris takes credit (buys copyrights to cars) that he did not build, I remember seeing somewhere he took credit for the General Lee!  :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

djcarguy

barracuda plymouth superbird concept car ,,,,,,,,,,check more pic at that thread?????  68 Barracuda ,,,,68 charger????????????? :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :smilielol: :D :o :o :cheers:

DC_1

Yoooo Doug??.. Lighten up...... I didn't know there was "another-first" thread on this "piece of crap"......... Thought some of you would get a good laugh at it........ Apparently not all.  I never saw it before and apparently my friend Pete didn't either....... I'm not going to do a search on every topic I post in fear it might be a repost of a previously posted topic.......

I think I have seen a side shot of that car on here before but that is the first time I saw the back end. Interesting tail lights  :eek2:

Thanks for posting!  :2thumbs:

pettybird

Seriously?  you never saw this?  You're on here every day, and someone bumped one of the previous threads which, before you posting this, had 58 replies between November 24th and February 15th?  I mean, good for you that you were spared three months of retina searing, but it seems weird, you know?

and for the rest of you 'helpers,' nine days' worth of threads put this car all the way back to page two.

pettybird

...and this is why we need a thread stickied for failed attempts...

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on February 25, 2012, 10:20:50 PM

Seriously?  you never saw this?  You're on here every day,

Doesn't mean I read every thread............... Can you copy/paste the link here so I can check it out and bump it to the top again?
Troy