News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R4 Daytona clone on eBay

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, November 29, 2011, 06:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

Quoteyea...I was just gonna say that...how does that stay on then?Bryan

one piece fiberglass wing . probably stinger
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

richRTSE

Quote from: nascarxx29 on November 29, 2011, 11:54:00 PM
Same car

I really hate it when people don't black out the taillight panel......but, the car sure looks alot better with her in front of it... :icon_smile_big:

Daytona Guy

I do like the nose fitment and the side markers gone. The nose blends well into the car. The scoops look too far forward. Is the plug glass? Over all a nice car. The next guy can make that car over the top nice.

Dane

DAY CLONA

Perfumed pig at best, and I'm not talking about the chick........feel bad for the dude that buys that ride, after the excitement dies down, and he takes a hard look at what's under that carved car, it'll be back on the re-sale rack like a pair of used jeans

A383Wing

I noticed the headlights don't fit too well either...

I must have spent a week on mine getting them lined up when closed

I'm sure everyone here can find faults with my car...

Bryan

Bob T

Quote from: Aero426 on November 29, 2011, 02:59:46 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on November 29, 2011, 02:57:58 PM
Wonder if the headliner workmanship is carried over in other parts of the cars build :Twocents:

You kind of have to think so.

You could nearly fit your fingers under the trim top left edge of the plug, bit of a concern, what else went in quickly and not lined up right
More visible in the photo with the model, daylight under it in another shot  :o
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on December 02, 2011, 10:56:24 PM

Bryan

yeah it really sucks , i think you should just give it to me
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJ5WING

Quote from: moparstuart on December 03, 2011, 09:53:33 AM

Bryan

yeah it really sucks , i think you should just give it top me

:o

OK Stuart....Since you want the Daytona I ll find someone else to give my Greenie to. :nana:
wingless now, but still around.

1970Moparmann

Car sold locally for $27k.    :scratchchin:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

redrider

look behind the nose cone in the pic posted here it looks like a superbird with a number two on the door :o

DAY CLONA

BigBlockSam

QuoteSomebody got "burned"

i don't think they got burned . as long as they know It is a project car . give me that car and 10k and i could make a nice resto mod out of it .

HI MIKE   :wave:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 08, 2011, 01:44:25 PM
QuoteSomebody got "burned"

i don't think they got burned . as long as they know It is a project car . give me that car and 10k and i could make a nice resto mod out of it .

HI MIKE   :wave:
:yesnod: :yesnod: agreed its a great start 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Highbanked Hauler

Bryan

Same here,mine is far from perfect
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

wingcarenvy

This kind of car is a good buy for someone who is good at details. Its straight and shiny. I agree a good day of cleaning, some rattle cans of organisol, some semi gloss underhood, and get rid of the pep boys crap under hood and it will look awesome! I like the wheels but it would be aweful tempting to put some magnums on it with redlines.

Daytona Guy

27K that is all? That is a great buy. That is a reg Charger price for one in that condition, yet a Daytona. I love the nose job. clean. Did anyone know if the rear window plug was glass or metal? If glass - I would not touch it - toooo risky.

Dane

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 10, 2011, 11:00:09 PM
27K that is all? That is a great buy.

Dane

Sorry, but at $27K I don't consider that a good buy, just too many things wrong with the car, it's just slapped together, then carved for a slick paint job, just a shiney lure/bait for the unsuspecting buyer...I've seen way too many wingcar clones over the years that when you peek under the "curtain" you find nightmares of bondo carved parts fitted together, wooden bracing glassed over, turn buckles, cables, straps, mesh, even seen Z bars and light buckets made in wood, or hacked attempts to incorporate some form of functioning headlight system, hacked attempts to retain wings, scoops, cones from suppliers that just offer a "shell" of the part with no ways/means to attach said parts, relying on the installer to conjure up some idea...I've had to :pity: a lot of people who call me looking for parts, or "ways" to correct cars like this,....like I said earlier, after the excitement wears off for the new owner, and he starts taking a good look at what he bought?........we all know the rest

Mike

Daytona Guy

I still think it is a good buy. It's a Clone - it dose not have to be perfect, thus the 27k. I too have seen many clones, and they don't need to be perfect. They just need to be liked and enjoyed by the guy that either built it or bought it. Like the clone builders on this board, build it the way you want - it's your car - enjoy it.  

Dane

BigBlockSam

QuoteI still think it is a good buy. It's a Clone - it dose not have to be perfect, thus the 27k

:yesnod: :cheers:

djcarguy

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 12, 2011, 02:44:01 AM
I still think it is a good buy. It's a Clone - it dose not have to be perfect, thus the 27k. I too have seen many clones, and they don't need to be perfect. They just need to be liked and enjoyed by the guy that either built it or bought it. Like the clone builders on this board, build it the way you want - it's your car - enjoy it.  

Dane                
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AGREE NOT PERFECT,BUT ITS A AFFORDABLE CLONE WITH GREAT BODY,LOOKS AND WHEELS. NO SIDE MARKERS,SO WHAT LOOKS CLEANER AND SMOOTHER,,,NO UGLY NOSE GAP RUBBER CRAP SPACER,AWESOM.......SOME CLEANING AND FIX HEADLINER AND NEW VALVE COVERS,AND ENJOY THE RIDE...
DEFINLY HAVE TO CHANGE THE TAIL PIPES,SAY SPREAD OUT WITH 2 ON EACH SIDE,MAYBE. DRIVE N ENJOY..DJ

djcarguy

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 09, 2011, 03:14:26 PM
This one was bidded to $11K
http://www.auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=AF11&ID=r1165

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ANY MORE INFO OR THREAD ON THIS DAYTONA??????????????  DID IT SELL,HOW MUCH,WHERE????????????

ANY INFO WHERE IT WAS ,,IS ,,,OR WILL BE???????THANKS  DJ

1970Moparmann

I emailed the guy right after the auction and he said it sold locally for $27k.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!