News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW Daytona Plug

Started by wingman(22), November 29, 2011, 12:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingman(22)

WIW trying to get an idea on what this plug would be worth. The guy does not need to sell but he may, and he knows what a re-pop goes for.

nascarxx29

Any glass /chrome trim included and how bad is the rust
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

GeneralLeeTESH

Copy it or get Goodmark to reproduce these
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Copy it or get Goodmark to reproduce these
The TESH

hemi68charger

:bawling:

All I can think about is the poor Daytona this came from... It's nice though I guess it had a donor card...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

UFO

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 29, 2011, 04:03:34 PM

All I can think about is the poor Daytona this came from... It's nice though I guess it had a donor card...........

Shame,shame, Of all the people that should know better. :lol:
Could of came from a 500.

moparstuart

Quote from: UFO on November 29, 2011, 05:09:11 PM

could have been replaced with an NOS part too  ???
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

XS29LA47V21

[/quote]

:bawling: :poke:

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on November 29, 2011, 05:49:50 PM

could have been replaced with an NOS part too  ???

hmmm  looks like Y2  maybe  were there any in Y3 :scratchchin:

my guess it was cut from a car thats been sitting a long time , after a wreck may be :scratchchin:  look how much rust is on the lower part of the plug  , would it of rused like that if it was stored inside for many years :shruggy: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

wingman(22)

Came from a Daytona I was told. As for rust it is not bad could be cleaned up pretty easy. No glass or chrome just plug.
So any idea of wiw?

C5X DAYTONA

In the range of $1 and $3000.... :nana:  You will probably pick the number on the left.
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: wingman(22) on November 29, 2011, 11:07:20 PM
Came from a Daytona I was told. As for rust it is not bad could be cleaned up pretty easy. No glass or chrome just plug.
So any idea of wiw?
Bill,  They seem to be all over the place.   Here is another one.  And it's not rusty and has nice paint on it.  WIW2U?   Is it worth more if you know the car it came off of?    :icon_smile_big:  And the window comes with it..

hemi68charger

True enough. But, based on the thread being started by Bill and the file name having "daytona" in it, I made the leap of faith and assumed it was a Daytona plug..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Quote from: wingman(22) on November 29, 2011, 12:41:19 PM
WIW trying to get an idea on what this plug would be worth. The guy does not need to sell but he may, and he knows what a re-pop goes for.

I'll trade him a perfect '69 Charger decklid WITH luggage rack......  ;D I could probably use it for my Y2 '69 C500 project..
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 30, 2011, 08:32:12 AM

I'll trade him a perfect '69 Charger decklid WITH luggage rack......  ;D I could probably use it for my Y2 '69 C500 project..

Uh Troy, you got something going on we should know about?  "C500 project"  or am I the last one to the party?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi68charger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on November 30, 2011, 09:12:30 AM
 Uh Troy, you got something going on we should know about?  "C500 project"  or am I the last one to the party?

Hey Al. Nothing "new"... Maybe you didn't see the thread. But, remember, I traded the '68 Hemi Charger R/T ever-on-going project & my T7 '69 Charger 500 for the Daytona. I still had my '70 six pack Charger R/T project. I missed having a C500, so I traded the '70 v-code Charger R/T for another Y2 '69 C500 straight up. So, now I have two XX29 cars (one with a wing and one without)....

The Y2 may need some work around the bottom window plug area.. Not sure until I start stripping the car. But, that won't happen for quite awhile.

T
Troy

wingman(22)

Sean,
I was hoping you would not notice my post. I knew you would give me grief. As for yours I know where it came from. And since you know what I want to do you should give it to me for a deal. Knowing it belongs on a real race car....... :yesnod:

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: wingman(22) on November 30, 2011, 11:44:48 AM
Sean,
I was hoping you would not notice my post. I knew you would give me grief. As for yours I know where it came from. And since you know what I want to do you should give it to me for a deal. Knowing it belongs on a real race car....... :yesnod:

I think you should turn the race car into a General Lee race car.    No extra body parts needed..   And then you can give me a deal on your Daytona goodies..  I will even buy the decals and orange paint..   :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on November 30, 2011, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: wingman(22) on November 30, 2011, 11:44:48 AM
Sean,

I think you should turn the race car into a General Lee race car.    No extra body parts needed..   And then you can give me a deal on your Daytona goodies..  I will even buy the decals and orange paint..   :2thumbs:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

rainbow4jd

ONE MILLLLLLLLLION DOLLARS!

DonC1

Imagine that...A General Lee Daytona....hmmnn....not such a bad concept...or iz zit?
:scratchchin:........

FastbackJon

Looks like they left the original window channel in there at creative?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Aero426

Yes the new window plug was just a band aid.   The headliner covered the unused original part.

wingman(22)

OK
I have seen all kinds of conversations about the plug. But what is it worth? I need an honest opinion.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: wingman(22) on December 11, 2011, 09:39:17 PM
OK
I have seen all kinds of conversations about the plug. But what is it worth? I need an honest opinion.

It appears intact, not too rusty, a new steel repro from me or Jack McG. is approx $2300-$2500, So I use that as a baseline on establishing price, I place no value on originality, or whether it came from a Tona or 500, just the condition it's in, it's just a chunk of steel,  maximum I would spend is $1000, even less if some metal replacement or fabrication is needed, if the seller thinks he has "gold" and is looking for something north of $1500, consider a repro.....

Mike