News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW Daytona Plug

Started by wingman(22), November 29, 2011, 12:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingman(22)

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: DAY CLONA on December 12, 2011, 01:27:33 AM
Quote from: wingman(22) on December 11, 2011, 09:39:17 PM
OK
I have seen all kinds of conversations about the plug. But what is it worth? I need an honest opinion.

It appears intact, not too rusty, a new steel repro from me or Jack McG. is approx $2300-$2500, So I use that as a baseline on establishing price, I place no value on originality, or whether it came from a Tona or 500, just the condition it's in, it's just a chunk of steel,  maximum I would spend is $1000, even less if some metal replacement or fabrication is needed, if the seller thinks he has "gold" and is looking for something north of $1500, consider a repro.....

Mike
Value of any old car part in my opinion is:  What the seller is willing to sell it for and the buyer is willing to pay for it.      Of course that goes for re-pop parts too but the seller has to add in labor.    The re-pop part to me is just a chunk of steel.  Much nicer looking to start with but it's still a re-pop.   Now that is when I am doing an original car.  When building a clone car.  The re-pop is still not my choice.  Just too expensive for something that will have no historical value.  (To me)   I made my Daytona plug for free from scrap steel.  Took me 2 days of labor to fab and have all welded in, but no money out of pocket.   I had an original rear window to help with my build and I took my standard rear window trim to a guy at our local airport to add 4 inches to each of the 3 pieces.  Then had them buffed at a total cost of $125 for the trim.  When I went to install them I just cut off the excess.     Mike,  If you have rusty plugs for $1000 each I will take 3... :cheers:
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: wingman(22) on December 12, 2011, 12:18:49 PM
He is asking $2500.00
Bill :poke:   You know what I think....    Are you waiting for someone to tell you the plugs are even more worthless than Mike did?    Ok  $250 since it didn't come from a Hemi Daytona.  :nana:   Remember I am waiting in line..    After you of course.   :icon_smile_wink:     I guess it like getting Bobby Allison's autograph form an impersonator or the real Bobby Allison.   If both are going to cost the same, would you go through more headache to get the real deal.  Besides,  The clone parts take months to get.  This original part is sitting there waiting for you..  How cool is that?   

wingman(22)

No I am not waiting for someone to tell me it is worthless.............. :flame:
I know it is worth something and if I could do what you did I would do it on my clone..... But I can't.
I just want to be fare about it and be sure I do not get took to the cleaners. Especially on a used piece, I just wanted someone to look at it and determine a value based on rust, any fab work etc...
I am clueless as you already know. :shruggy:

C5X DAYTONA

So if you had it Bill,  what would you sell it to me for?    :brickwall: :nana:

Aero426

Bill, does it have the headliner locating thingies?    Looks like it has the remains of the trunk hinges which could be restored.

wingman(22)

wingman(22)

As for you my friend Sean I would give it to you if you needed it....... :yesnod: :yesnod:
I know you would do the same for me. :smilielol:

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: wingman(22) on December 12, 2011, 11:04:56 PM
As for you my friend Sean I would give it to you if you needed it....... :yesnod: :yesnod:
I know you would do the same for me. :smilielol:
:rofl:  That isn't what you said on the phone.    But OK,  It's a deal.   You give it to me, I will arrange pick up of the plug.   I will build you one and install it since re-pro doesn't matter to you.   :hack:  You just ship your car here.   :cheers:     

wingman(22)

It would be cheaper for me to fly you here and let you make one for the clone car.
Cost to ship one way over a grand, then ship back over a grand.
And if I don't get my dads car then I need a real one for the Hylton car.....
So I can just keep the original and still fly you out to make one cheaper than your idea.. :2thumbs: