News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help with my 1970 charger RT project.

Started by bigdsul, March 26, 2024, 07:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

I haven't owned as many Chargers as Mark. He does restore his to a higher standard where a LOT more money is spent to get them to a point where they could be national show winners. That level never interested me. I want mine to perform far better than stock and it turns out, focusing on speed and handling costs a LOT less than doing an OEM correct restoration.
When he estimates the cost to restore, he is taking a much deeper view on the work than I do. I'm not one to fuss over correct springs on the parking brake mechanisms or the proper seat upholstery. I go with function and what I like within my budget. People with an eye on greater detail look at these projects in a different way.
I didn't look close at this particular car but in realistic terms (in my opinion) the car is worth a lot more than his offer. That is based on how I see them versus his view.

Daytona R/T SE

Meanwhile,

The shop is adding more $$$ on the bill every day.

I wonder if the owner showed up Monday morning to pull his car out of there, how much would he have to pay before the shop would release it? 

What is the quality of work that has been done by multiple shops?

Did the current shop know what products the previous shops used?

Are the current shop's materials compatible, or is it all going to peel off like a bad toupee' on the trailer ride home?

How many parts have magically "disappeared" ?

:shruggy:

All of these things will have to be considered by the current owner, or Mark, or any other potential buyer.

:scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

All good Questions, I could of possibly helped him but he hasn't been back in here since the day he posted that on the 27th. apparently not to concerned with getting help. why make a post asking for help, then never returning to see if anybody offered help :scratchchin:  :shruggy:  Leon.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 07, 2024, 10:42:48 AMAll good Questions, I could of possibly helped him but he hasn't been back in here since the day he posted that on the 27th. apparently not to concerned with getting help. why make a post asking for help, then never returning to see if anybody offered help :scratchchin:  :shruggy:  Leon.

Maybe Mytur bought it already ?

hemi-hampton

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 07, 2024, 02:25:25 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 07, 2024, 10:42:48 AMAll good Questions, I could of possibly helped him but he hasn't been back in here since the day he posted that on the 27th. apparently not to concerned with getting help. why make a post asking for help, then never returning to see if anybody offered help :scratchchin:  :shruggy:  Leon.

Maybe Mytur bought it already ?

No way Jose. Why buy someone else's botched mess at an over-inflated price?