News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

widow channel rusted out metal

Started by 73charger440, January 07, 2012, 11:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73charger440

Question i have a 73 and it has a section about 1 inch section thats rusted out the part the trim hook to is fine its just the inside were it bends   any idea how to fix it ,it almost looks like it can be welded up and ground down bt not sure,could a lead rod be melted and used to fill in ?

The70RT

Cut out the rusted section and make a template out of cardboard to fit then make your part and weld it in.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cooter

A picture of the effected area would be good here to better gauge how to proceed. However, as The70RT posted, possibly making a template to make a repair patch should work.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

Another vote for The70RT's proposal.  Not only is it the best way to fix it, it's actually the easiest as well.  Sometimes life just works out that way.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Patronus

Fastest method (if possible) is to copy the part you cut out. Never, ever throw it out, it could save you hours of fab time.  :Twocents:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE