News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A new spin on Rotisserie?

Started by Patronus, December 15, 2011, 11:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

Shopping for a small block on local Craigslist and came across this:

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2752609041.html
:shruggy:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Daytona R/T SE

I don't like it. ::)

Those damned hoops would always be in the way.  :down:

Finn

Eh, in the right application I could see it working. I don't get what the advantage would be over a regular rotisserie though except for a stiffer rig??
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Fred

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 16, 2011, 01:09:32 AM

Those damned hoops would always be in the way.  :down:

:iagree:  what a stupid design.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tan top

Quote from: Fred on December 16, 2011, 02:08:07 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 16, 2011, 01:09:32 AM

Those damned hoops would always be in the way.  :down:

:iagree:  what a stupid design.

:yesnod:    :iagree:     
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Troy

Those have been around for a long time. Even worse, they are as expensive as high quality traditional style rotisseries that have a lot more support.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Patronus

I wasnt in the market to buy one, was just sharing since I hadn't seen this before. Looks like your work could really get away from you..  :hah:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bobs66440

Well, if the car really pisses you off you can give it a little nudge and it will roll down the hill....and probably for miles!  :lol:

bakerhillpins

:scratchchin:  Curious?  Are these just comments from the peanut gallery or from those that have experience with this design?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dino

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 16, 2011, 07:29:34 PM
:scratchchin:  Curious?  Are these just comments from the peanut gallery or from those that have experience with this design?

I admit I have never worked with one of these before but can tell you that after dozens of restorations, with and without rotisseries, I never would use one either.  I have made rotisseries that are better than that and they are better for one reason if for nothing else,  they didn't have metal framework running a foot from the places where you need so much space.

Whoever designed this one obviously put a lot of effort in making it structuraly sound and made it so it could withstand a lot of force while minimizing the stress on the car.  I just wish someone along the line would've told him/her that he/she made it a bitch to work on said car.  Just my  :Twocents:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Excellent info and just what I was looking for.  :2thumbs:

Thanks.  :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Fred

Quote from: Troy on December 16, 2011, 11:48:51 AM
Those have been around for a long time. Even worse, they are as expensive as high quality traditional style rotisseries that have a lot more support.

Troy

Then why would anybody in their right mind buy them??  The mind boggles.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Troy

Quote from: Fred on December 16, 2011, 10:18:25 PM
Quote from: Troy on December 16, 2011, 11:48:51 AM

Troy

Then why would anybody in their right mind buy them??  The mind boggles.
To be different? Since you can't really work on the car it makes a great display stand. ;)

Troy

bull

Too much stuff in the way. Besides the hoops you have to attach the braces to the car in about 16 places instead of at the four bumper mount locations in front and back like the normal ones. Overkill.

Troy

It's too early or I'd try to dig up the pictures of the rounded 'L' shaped ones that attach to the front rear spring mounts and trans cross member. They don't rotate completely - just 90 degrees so you can work on the bottom of the car.  I think the price is waaaaaay cheaper, it fits with minimal ceiling height, and there's not much in the way (you need a space next to the car though).

Troy

HeavyFuel

About the only plus to a design like that would be the possible elimination of some body sag when and if subs were being welded in, due to the positioning of the attachent points, which are pretty much where the car's suspension lives. :scratchchin: