News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got my new glass repro Daytona rear window today...updated with a picture!

Started by Daytona R/T SE, January 20, 2006, 10:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Got it from this place:  http://www.vintageautoglass.com/   I E-mailed Rick earlier this week, inquiring about the price. I placed the order. He sent it out to the ware house in Saint Louis yesterday, got a call this morning it was in, blew the afternoon off work and drove over and picked it up....Woo Hoo....No Plexiglas or scratched up Vega windows for me..... :boogie: :moon: :nana: :boogie:

I know, pics...I'll post a pic tommorrow afternoon-digital batteries bit the big one as I was snapping a few :flame:

hemigeno

:popcrn:

Looking forward to seeing the pics when ya get 'em!

:thumbs:

hotrod98

What are you going to do for the moldings? You may have said before and I may have missed it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

HotRod,  I've got the moldings figured out, I'm piecing them together from two sets of original moldings-I'll have an extra seam visible on each side, but it shouldn't stand out too much through all that tire smoke :drive: :icon_smile_big:

hotrod98

I've heard of doing that and I think it will look great.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

chargervert

Thats really cool,is it a tint,or clear? I had heard you could only get tinted glass. You may be able to have someone who knows how to weld stainless steel,fab it up for you!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: chargervert on January 21, 2006, 10:53:36 AM
Thats really cool,is it a tint,or clear? I had heard you could only get tinted glass. You may be able to have someone who knows how to weld stainless steel,fab it up for you!

The glass is clear. There is no pentastar or date code on it, but that's ok with me. I'll post a pic this afternoon...

Daytona R/T SE

Here's a pic- the glass is not tinted-it's just dusty....

hemi68charger

Man,, that's excellent !!!!  Looks great..........  Hopefully it fits as good as it looks........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Had heard at one time that the repro glass didn't have the same curve as origional glass. Or did they get that fixed in the years of reproducing the glass? The origional glass kind of bulged out in the middle, and some repro's i've seen are flat.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 21, 2006, 06:33:00 PM
Is it as thick as original glass?
I don't know how thick the original 500/Daytona glass is, but from looking at it I'd say it's as thick as a regular Charger rear glass...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69_500 on January 21, 2006, 06:55:50 PM
Had heard at one time that the repro glass didn't have the same curve as origional glass. Or did they get that fixed in the years of reproducing the glass? The origional glass kind of bulged out in the middle, and some repro's i've seen are flat.

I had heard that too, This one has a pretty good curve to it...

chargervert

Thats a nice looking peice! I bet you could have a decal made up with the logo,and put it on from inside!