News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did any Daytonas come without headrest on the bucket seats?

Started by xx29440charger, December 10, 2011, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

I was wondering if any Daytonas came without headrest on the bucket seats. I know some 69 Chargers don't have them.

hemi68charger

Off the top of my head, I don't think so.. I have personally never seen one. All were made after Jan.01,1969 when it was Federally mandated that headrest be part of the standard safety equipment.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

xx29440charger

maxwellwedge

There was a code   C32   Head Restraints-Deleted    used from 69-71

Not sure if anyone ever used it.... I guess an Options and Accessories report (if available) might show it on a few models.

I know there isn't one for a Daytona.

Charger4404spd

According to the "Charger,Roadrunner Restoration Guide" book, all Chargers came with headrests built after Nov 1969. Federal mandate.

There were 3 codes for headrests.

C25 drivers side
C28 pass side

and as already stated, C31 for both headrests.

I didnt know that. Cant see why anyone would order just one headrest :scratchchin:

moparstuart

Quote from: Charger4404spd on March 27, 2012, 04:17:03 PM
According to the "Charger,Roadrunner Restoration Guide" book, all Chargers came with headrests built after Nov 1969. Federal mandate.

There were 3 codes for headrests.

C25 drivers side
C28 pass side

and as already stated, C31 for both headrests.

I didnt know that. Cant see why anyone would order just one headrest :scratchchin:
this 68  GTX is local here (gardner kansas ) and was ordered with just driver side head rest
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger4404spd

Indygenerallee

I never knew that! Ma Mopar did some wacky things for sure!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

A383Wing

I got a 68 Charger up here with only one headrest from factory

Bryan

gtx6970

don't think headrests can be deleted after Jan 1st 1969 ?
so IMO ,,ALL Daytonas will have headrests due to manufacturered date

Alaskan_TA

They could be deleted if the car was ordered from overseas, no Federal requirement then.

ksquared

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 10, 2011, 06:27:10 PM
Off the top of my head, I don't think so..

Did nobody appreciate this?  Or are the new guys like me the only ones required to laugh??  Even if it is four months later.

Were Canadian cars required to have headrests after 1/1969?

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Charger4404spd on March 27, 2012, 05:25:52 PM
Thanks man, thats the first one I have seen.  :2thumbs:

me too honestly :hah: :smilielol: :smilielol: anything is possible I suppose, but man dats goofy looking (to me)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE