News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Tach acting squirrelly

Started by billschroeder5842, December 10, 2011, 06:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

I been having a problem with my Sun tach.

It used to work great unit I switched some wiring around after i replaced my broken clock with on that works.

I ran some wires to the fuse block and attached them to the back of the block. After messing with a few combinations, I finally got it to work with the power line attached to the battery feed and the "white" wire attached to the instrument feed.

Everything seems to work fine until you put the lights on and then the tach dies, the alternator gauge jumps around and the lights flicker.

Any ideas? Could I just splice the two wires to the battery feed and be done with that?

My fear is melting something or shorting something out; I'd rather go tachless....
Texas Proud!

billschroeder5842

Not leaving well enough alone I went out to mess with it (I'm waiting up for my Daughter who is driving home for Christmas college break) and I got something to work on ther tach.

While messing with it, I got the tach to operate and not mess with the dash lights by grounding the line. I guess that explains the lights flickering as the tach kept trying ground itself.

Texas Proud!