News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daisy's Used Cars?

Started by 1970Moparmann, December 14, 2011, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Wow, just traced down this place.  You think they have enough wing cars? :o  :o

Anyone have any feedback from this place?

http://www.daiseysusedcars.com/lookup.asp
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

djcarguy

9 superbirds from95,000 ta 140,000  all autos

2 daytonas both auto  at 285,000$

most lower miles,and very stock looking,,pretty cars kinda sorry to see so many trapped in side and setting idle .

Big Bird

Been there ( Milford Delaware ) 3 times. As stated above cars in in good condition. Most have been there 4 plus years. In this market prices are a bit high. Quite a collection of Wing cars, with other muscle & antiques.
BIG - BIRD :)

pettybird

every bird is shift on the column.  Statistically, how is that possible?

Ghoste

That wouldn't surprise me too much, I think most musclecars were originally sold that way in spite of the number that seemto sport consoles now  :icon_smile_wink:.  Also weren't most of the Superbirds sales bank cars?  Or at least pushed onto dealers and not customer ordered?  Anytime that happens they are going to be built as generically as possible.  Look at the TA homologation cars and you see the same sort of thing.

nascarxx29

One of there daytonas is Ed Cooks old . Q5 Car that was at California mopars.If I take a road trip there I want to see and take pictures of all the fender tags .The other car appears Q5 might be old Bill Jacobsen silver dollars classics Q5 daytona
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2011, 10:21:57 AM
That wouldn't surprise me too much, I think most musclecars were originally sold that way in spite of the number that seemto sport consoles now  :icon_smile_wink:.  Also weren't most of the Superbirds sales bank cars?  Or at least pushed onto dealers and not customer ordered?  Anytime that happens they are going to be built as generically as possible.  Look at the TA homologation cars and you see the same sort of thing.

figure the spilt is 55/45 towards automatics.  then take a 50/50 view of column vs console.  that's at best around 27% of production.  in a large enough group that's 1 in 4.  here, it's 9 in 9 column automatic...  without doing it on purpose (and who the hell would) that's pretty astounding.

Ghoste

I don't know, I bet there were a lot more column mounted automatics ordered than consoles.  It doesn't seem like it today but when these cars were a little closer to new than they are now I sure saw a LOT more column shifters than not.  Just my opinion of course.

djcarguy

the orange 440 6pk is auto on floor with buckets... both daytona 's on floor.   

i bet the dealer,thinks auto sell better or are easyer to restore. lot of 4spd cars got ran harder and abused more? :Twocents: lot of people want autos nowdays it seems.

WINGIN IT

pettybird

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 15, 2011, 10:29:00 AM
One of there daytonas is Ed Cooks old . Q5 Car that was at California mopars.

gratuitous pic of me riding in the Ed Cook car on the PCH:

chargermadness

If you read carefully, you will see that the orange bird is an auto on the floor and not the column.  They have eight on the column, and one console auto... :shruggy:

nascarxx29

They got a B5 superbird curently on ebay .I looked it up its a known car 162336 .But not much material recorded other than name and FL recorded from Aug 79

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Road-Runner-1970-Plymouth-Superbird-/320812548396?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab1eb012c
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGIN IT

Quote from: pettybird on December 15, 2011, 04:05:24 PM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 15, 2011, 10:29:00 AM
One of there daytonas is Ed Cooks old . Q5 Car that was at California mopars.

gratuitous pic of me riding in the Ed Cook car on the PCH:

God I love that color.... :drool5: 
As soon as I have that extra $285K hanging around, it's mine !  :lol:

FJ5WING

I only looked at the Birds but the "restored cars look pretty poorly done or done a long time ago. Id go with the unrestored car which I think was the last one pictured. At least there arent any Green cars there.....yet!  :eek2:
wingless now, but still around.

GOTWING

They are all in Georgetown De. not Milford, Charles the owner is a nice guy, and fun to talk too, only problem HE WON'T drive them! :brickwall: he rides to car shows in X Crown Vic police cars to look around, in a funny way he always asks me are ya ready to sell yours yet? i always have the same answer, no not yet. He has some other great cars too, i like his burnt orange 70 R.R. too.

Robert96

Burnt Orange is a great color for Roadrunners and Super Bee's . Unfortunately not everyone argreed with us. Not very many built.

GOTWING

i love that color, i had a burnt orange 70 Bee V code car back in the early 90's, had a 383 in it six pack long gone,was my daily driver, it had a matching interior and gator grain top white rump stripe.

GOTWING

I sold it to Herbs parts....

moparstuart

burnt orange is ok on the outside  but I just cant get into it as an interior color   :eek2:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GOTWING

I think i agree on that too..My favorite car in Ocean City was a Burnt 70 R.R. 528 hemi all black interior. 10:75et  pump gas appeared stock except the Cragar SS rims,not so noticable bar and caltracks :drool5:

Chargen69

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on December 14, 2011, 10:19:02 PM
Wow, just traced down this place.  You think they have enough wing cars? :o  :o

Anyone have any feedback from this place?

http://www.daiseysusedcars.com/lookup.asp
i bought my 69 from them about 8 years ago, all i can say is check any car out first, once you travel with money in your pocket, you are coming home with the car almost no matter what you find.

I will say he sent tons of pics to me, but pics dont show everything.  I may not should have trusted the "paint is perfect" cause it wasnt, looked like an idiot painted it with a garden hose joined in the paint gun.  no matter, I got an orginal disk brake car which is what i wanted, we are rebuilding the car now anyway

GOTWING

I drive by there everyday for work, so i may have seen it on the lot, He has had his 1970 burnt orange runner out front for quite sometime now, looks great from the road, i have not stopped to actually look at it closely.He used to have a nice silver 69 hemi R.R. up there in the showroom too redlines on steelies, i loved it :drool5:.

Arnie Cunningham

The blue car they have on ebay now was here in Henderson NV.  It does not have the original transmission and it now has a dana rear.  The engine compartment needs a lot of detailing as anyone can see.  That said, it is a nice clean car with good paint.  I believe the lower rear quarters were replaced.  It changed hands at one point for 85K and about 130K before that.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Arnie Cunningham

My bad.  Wrong dealer.  Feel free to delete or move my comment.  The details are true but it is not Daisy's used cars.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.