News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you know Dick and Beverly Drake funeral picture posted for both

Started by moparstuart, December 19, 2011, 10:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Long time wing car owners and great friends Dick and Beverly Drake have been having serious health problems . They have been very strong and Independent people all there lives . They are a great asset to the wing car community and i love them very much .  Health problems have forced there family to move them into a residential care facility .  While better for their safety , you can imagine being such strong and independent people they hate being away there house and home .   They have been there for several month and are not adjusting  well . They are not making new friends or bonding at all.  They are very depressed not eating and withering away .  If you at all know them they seem to really respond well to friends dropping by or dropping them a nice note about your car or a time when you met them .    In this christmas season if you could at all please write them a small note and send them a holiday card i'm sure they would greatly appreciate it.  It would greatly bring there spirits up .  Send them an update of what you have done with the car or the club this year and maybe a picture of you or your car .  I personally would greatiy appreciate if you would just take a few minutes and jot them a quick note .       Thank you for your time and reading my plee .  It really breaks my heart to see them this way .  

stuart

dick and beverly's residential nurseing home address  

Here's their address:

Dick and Bev Drake

103 Bernard Drive

Apt A 231

Belton, MO 64012

Thanks. I hope all is well with you and your family. Have a Merry Christmas!

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69148.0.html

A few pictures of dick and his extensive wing car collection and his toy and road runner collection also .
you can see way he misses his cars and toys !!!!

Aero426

moparstuart

arrow

Quote from: Aero426 on December 19, 2011, 12:08:42 PM
Thanks for the reminder Stuart.   Will do.

I met them at an aero meet - great people , I'll get something right out , thanks for posting this

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Oh a side note there son kyle who lives in town and is taking on the biggest part of the burden . He had to have a hip replace on halloween .  This was a must because he could hardly get around , his first replacment hip was coming apart . So this has really slowed kyle down dealing with his own issue .  It has not been a good year for alot of us but this family just cant seem to catch a break .

GULFGLENY

Thats sad, I sure hope something lifts their spirits. Prayers said from our part of the world.I hope they all get better, and get to a show, that will lift their spirits, a show!

Magnumcharger

Are they on Facebook Stuart? That would be a great way for people to provide them morale support, especially if they're not able to drop by and see them.
Robin
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on December 21, 2011, 11:30:59 AM
Are they on Facebook Stuart? That would be a great way for people to provide them morale support, especially if they're not able to drop by and see them.
Robin
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1211135480

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Just got news today that kyles hip replacement that he had on halloween failed !!  The bone graft from a cadaver did not take so they have to do the surgery all over again in january  .   I knmow nothing about hip replacement but what a nightmare this must be . 

moparstuart

Got this sad note from kyle over the weekend

Kyle Drake
just a quick note to all dad is out of surgery and is doing fine. He fell yesterday and broke his hip. He is at St. Joe hospital room 543

Then got this not later that he was not doing well at all !!!!    Please keep dick in your thoughts and prays  !!!!

moparstuart

more bad news today

"he's going into hospice care today or tomorrow. his hip surgery went fine but he is not doing well in the eating and drinking and recognizing people department."

charger_fan_4ever

Everyone needs to take a moment and make a prayer for the family.

Aero426

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on March 19, 2012, 06:22:00 PM
+1

Kyle posted on FB last night that he signed paperwork to turn off life support for his dad.    Please keep Dick, Bev and Kyle in your thoughts.   

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on March 22, 2012, 11:49:34 AM
+1

Kyle posted on FB last night that he signed paperwork to turn off life support for his dad.    Please keep Dick, Bev and Kyle in your thoughts.   
Very very sad a great man and a great family .   He will be a great loss to the car hobby and to me personally .  He has been a great mentor to me and my kids .       :angel: :angel: :angel:   

WINGIN IT

While truly a sad time , it should be reminded that life is not only measured by years but by how they affect others.
That said, The Drakes will live on, in one way or another, in each of those affected by them.

To their immediate family - clearly you have great support outside the constraints of a typicaly family unit,  something you should be proud of , as well as lean on when necessary.

Dave Kanofsky

My prayers for all involved that the Lord's Will be done, and for compassion, peace, comfort and understanding for all  <><
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 22, 2012, 12:48:58 PM
My prayers for all involved that the Lord's Will be done, and for compassion, peace, comfort and understanding for all  <><

Amen to that brother..........  :yesnod:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 22, 2012, 12:54:04 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 22, 2012, 12:48:58 PM

Amen to that brother..........  :yesnod:
:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

moparchris

I am so sorry to hear this news.  I met Mr. & Mrs. Drake many years ago at Talladega and they were so nice to me.  Mr. Drake will be very missed and my prayers go out to his wife and family.

Mopar John

Quote from: moparstuart on March 22, 2012, 11:56:19 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on March 22, 2012, 11:49:34 AM
+1

Very very sad a great man and a great family .   He will be a great loss to the car hobby and to me personally .  He has been a great mentor to me and my kids .       :angel: :angel: :angel:   
Stuart,
I am sorry to hear all the sad news about the Drakes! Let Kyle know that I am thinking about him and his family daily! GREAT BUNCH!
MJ

moparstuart

here is Dick and Kyle in better times   :2thumbs:

70Sbird

Sorry to hear about Dick (and Kyle) I sure did enjoy the evening at their houses and the minature collection he showed me...
Prayers sent

Scott Faulkner