News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you know Dick and Beverly Drake funeral picture posted for both

Started by moparstuart, December 19, 2011, 10:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Very sad news I just got word that Dick Drake has passed away today .   :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

God Speed my friend ! 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

A good man, friend and Mopar mentor.   I know my dad has been waiting for him on the other side.

Dick and Bev and Talladega in 1988.

69_500

Sorry to hear that. It has been quite a few years since I had seen them, but I do know that he will be missed.

moparstuart

contact info for cards and letters
kyle drake 22016 south state route D Cleveland Mo 64734
or bev drake 103 Bernard a231 Belton Mo 64012

as soon as i know funeral info I will post it

Aero426

We would like to send a nice floral arrangement for Dick.  If anyone is interested in contributing a few dollars to that, I'll add your name to the card. 

moparstuart

Just got the call    the Visitation with be saturday april 7th   2pm-3pm with the funeral service 3 pm on .
  Mount  Moriah Cemetary 10507 holmes road Kansas city mo  64131  816-942-2004 
  Everyone is Invited to pleas ecome and bring your Muscle Car , Collector cars and please dress casual cars show t- shirts are just
fine and what dick would have loved to see.   The Family has asked for no flowers to be sent . If you would like to donate please donate to Kansas City
hospice house 12000 Wornall Road Kansas City mo 64145.  I would personally also suggest maybe to send the family a fruit basket of food tray ( I know most florests or even Hy vee or Price Chopper strores here local can do this . It s a great help on a family who is stressed out and has people and other family members in from out of town to feed .

Thank you   Stuart

odcics2

Doug - Just sent you some $$ for the flower fund.   He was a good guy...
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

notabird

Aero426

Quote from: notabird on April 04, 2012, 07:53:38 AM
Doug- how about a donation to hospice instead of flowers.
Brent

Yes that is what they want to do, so the donation will go to the hospice in lieu of flowers. 

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on April 04, 2012, 08:39:15 AM
Quote from: notabird on April 04, 2012, 07:53:38 AM
Doug- how about a donation to hospice instead of flowers.
Brent

Yes that is what they want to do, so the donation will go to the hospice in lieu of flowers. 
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Dicks obituary please go sign the online guest book if you knew him.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?n=richard-a-drake&pid=156863778&fhid=11338

RICHARD A. DRAKE
  |   Visit Guest Book

Richard A. Drake (Dick), 80, of Cleveland, Missouri, passed away on March 30, 2012. He was born on July 14, 1931, in East Orange, New Jersey, son of the late Richard and Mildred Drake. He served in the Army at Ft. Leonard Wood. In 1954, he graduated from Washburn University in Topeka with a degree in Business. On July 31, 1954 he married Beverly Morse, who survives. Throughout his career, he worked primarily as an insurance underwriter. He was a co-founder of the High Performance Auto Club and served as the president for many years. He is survived by his wife Beverly, son and daughter-in-law Kyle and Cindy Drake, grandchildren Ryan, Brent, and Leslie Drake, all from Cleveland, MO; and daughter and son-in-law Jennifer Drake and Mark Dotson of Tucson, AZ. The family has requested that instead of flowers, donations may be made to KC Hospice House, 12000 Wornall Rd., Kansas City, MO. A service to celebrate his life will be held Saturday, April 7th, at Mt. Moriah & Freeman Funeral Home, 10507 Holmes Rd., Kansas City, MO at 3:00 p.m. Visitation will begin at 2:00 p.m. Condolences may be offered at www.mtmoriah-freeman.com. Mt Moriah & Freeman Funeral Home. 10507 Holmes Rd., Kansas City, MO 64131. (816) 942-2004 www.mtmoriah-freeman.com

ACUDANUT

I saw his obituary in the "Star" on Thursday. Very sad news.  May God bless and keep you Dick. 
Stu, how is his son doing ?

moparstuart

I think the family is doing pretty good under the circumstances

hemigeno

moparstuart

moparstuart

There was a huge turn out for the funeral and ever though it rained that morning alot of people brought out there cars  .  Pictures in the parking lot on the way in.

moparstuart

More mopars in the parking lot & dicks white bird out front

ACUDANUT

Thanks for the pic's Stu. I had to work.  It didn't help that I have been to 5 funerals in the past 6 months.  :brickwall:

moparstuart

It was full pretty much standing room only

moparstuart

The drake family got friends and family to bring out a large portion of there car collection.  ALL dicks running collector cars.    His little red express,  midnight express,  Tc mazi, AAR cuda  , kyles tor red bird spot and dicks white bird.

moparstuart

Final pictures of more muscle in the lot

Mopar John

Stuart,
Thanks for posting the pictures of the cars at Dick's funeral! I am glad his family and friends got his collection out in his memory!
What a great tribute to a great man of OUR hobby! He will be missed by many!
MJ

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopar John on April 09, 2012, 08:42:39 AM
Stuart,
Thanks for posting the pictures of the cars at Dick's funeral! I am glad his family and friends got his collection out in his memory!
What a great tribute to a great man of OUR hobby! He will be missed by many!
MJ
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: