News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger winter driving

Started by MONSTERMAN37, December 20, 2011, 05:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MONSTERMAN37

Just wanted to know how many of you drive your charger in the winter. i plan to and wanted to know what i should do for winter driving. :2thumbs:

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BlueSS454

Mine has been in the trailer sleeping since mid October.  It has a dead battery so it's not going anywhere anytime soon.
Tom Rightler

RKCHARGER

Quote from: Tilar on December 20, 2011, 05:25:58 PM
Where's the Charger?  :shruggy:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: I just laughed so hard i got busted for being on the web at work lol!!!!!!

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Dodgecharger74

74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WV69RT

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong, can you tell which thing is not like the others. By the time I finish my song? ...  :P

wolf100x

Go to the do it yourself spray wash once a week to get the salt off...
and mount the plow to make some x-mas Cash!

flyinlow

My Charger is a senior citizen now. I worry if it's icy it could slip and brake a hip. So unless the roads are clear it stays in the garage.

Back in the days when I  drove them year round, winter tires, sandbags in the trunk and slowing down helped.

MONSTERMAN37

wow. glad i  asked a question.thanks guys. *smh*

charger Downunder

Depends on how cold it gets in your area. Go down to the local mechanic that you have in town and ask him would be your best bet.
I wish they would sell your 4 door chargers over here in Australia, then it would give me a good reason to upgrade my 93 Volvo 240.
[/quote]

fc7_plumcrazy

I usually have enough when I drive a new Charger as a rental car in the states. No need to drive it overhere.

Carsten

Ghoste

If you live in a salt dumping area, about the only thing you might want to do beyond regular winterizing (antifreeze) would be extra undercoating or rust preventative.  It should be ready to go as it came from Dodge.

doctor4766

Quote from: charger Downunder on December 24, 2011, 06:47:11 AM
Depends on how cold it gets in your area. Go down to the local mechanic that you have in town and ask him would be your best bet.
I wish they would sell your 4 door chargers over here in Australia, then it would give me a good reason to upgrade my 93 Volvo 240.
There's a million other reasons to upgrade from a Volvo.
Don't let us not getting the new Charger be your excuse or you'll be stuck with it forever.....
Gotta love a '69

suntech

They drove´em in the winter back in the 60´s.........why not now??  hehe  :cheers:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

chrisII

I put those firestone winterforce tires on my minivan this year..so far so good weve only had 2 inches of snow or so here in Wisconsin.  last year we had 2 feet on the ground at this point..so i guess i scared it all away  :)

MoparManJim

Okay, you can remove the 2008 charger cover now and show us the real charger that is covered up.  :lol:

Back N Black

Quote from: MoparManJim on December 25, 2011, 08:50:47 PM
Okay, you can remove the 2008 charger cover now and show us the real charger that is covered up.  :lol:

Be nice jim, its Xmas.

Fred

Quote from: suntech on December 25, 2011, 03:56:12 AM
They drove´em in the winter back in the 60´s.........why not now??  hehe  :cheers:

Because now we're all paying a fortune to buy and restore them.  :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

suntech

QuoteBecause now we're all paying a fortune to buy and restore them.   

hehe i guess that is a valid point!! Took this picture just after i got my Charger home, and got it running.......guess it will not be taken out in the winter when done!! :Twocents:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Budnicks

:hah: STUDDED TIRES, IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA IN WINTER DRIVING...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks