News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TK5 charger with Aligator grain top

Started by troy.70R/T, December 23, 2011, 12:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

well I have been to the 1970 dodge charger registry to find info on how many are like mine, but I cant get any hard numbers.   I want to know how many 70 Chargers were built with the TK5 burnt orange paint and Aligator grain top. I know there are alot of other things that people might consider but I just want to knowhow many came with that paint and the aligator grain top. The fender tag does have the V1G stamped on it. FYI the car is also a 383 4 BBL with burnt orange interior and rear defrost. the vin is XP29 NOG 157XXX cant anyone help me????

kab69440

I seriously doubt that anyone can provide you with more than an educated guess as to the precise quantity produced in the combo. Production numbers simply aren't broken down that way and the documentation that might have been used to discern them went up  in flames many moons ago.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

As mentioned, not sure if those types of records for intertwined option combos exists, but I would love to see pics of the car  :2thumbs:

Dodge Don

No way to know for sure until the 70 Registry documents every 70 Charger ever built...and that is not realistic given how many were crushed and gone.

Based on the Chrysler SG-30 Sales Reports we can say...

There were 3,241 FK5 70 Charger 500s made with a V8

25.8% of 70 Charger 500 V8 cars came with the 383-4bbl.....so now you are down to theoretically 836 cars

4.8% of 70 Charger 500 V8 cars came with the V1G gator grain roof option.......so now you are down to theoretically 40 cars

You could go on and on by every single option code and reduce it further but these are theoretical numbers which assume all things are equal.

The 70 Registry has 76 gator grain cars registered....3 of which were FK5 Charger 500s with 383-4bbl.....so you know it is at least 1 of 3 known.

troy.70R/T

Thanks guys. And thanks for that small break down. That was all I was really looking for. Just a ball bark figure on that color with the alligator grain top. As for a pic I will post it but is not restored and I tore the top off years ago so I could paint the roof to protect it from rusting. The top was trashed anyway. I will go look for a pic of it. I did save some pieces of the top .

troy.70R/T

I forgot to type in a message to it gave me an error. So now it won't let me post it cause it says I already have. I have had this trouble before and don't know how to fix it. I am piied right now so might not be posting a pic :flame:

Alaskan_TA

Rename the photo & try again. For some reason this site's software notices duplicate file names even if it did not load the first time.