News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pulleys won't line up

Started by 70charger2006, December 20, 2011, 08:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldkimmer

......................On non a/c cars the alt belt is closest to the block. p/s belt is closest to the rad......which means on the crank and w/p pulley drives the alt, the crank only drives the p/s pump..............i can send u a set next week if u still need by then...........kim..............
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oestermarken

Quote from: 70charger2006 on December 29, 2011, 01:12:56 PM
Quote from: Cooter on December 29, 2011, 06:47:53 AM
On the style pump like this that has the keyed shaft for the pulley on the PS pump, isn't the pump shaft tapered so the pulley will only go on one way?

Yes it it. I tried to put it on the other way and it won't go. That is why I am trying to see if there are different style pulleys out there. My spokes taper out and then back in a little.

The new 440 source P/S pulley I have in my stash is not tapered, it will go on either way  :Twocents:

/Brian
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

70charger2006

Quote from: oldkimmer on December 29, 2011, 05:00:59 PM
......................On non a/c cars the alt belt is closest to the block. p/s belt is closest to the rad......which means on the crank and w/p pulley drives the alt, the crank only drives the p/s pump..............i can send u a set next week if u still need by then...........kim..............

I would only need the power steering pulley and water pump pulley. How much?
Greg

1970 Dodge Charger 500
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2007 Dodge Ram 1500