News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500's

Started by 69_500, January 21, 2006, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

I had heard the story from you at Carlisle yes, but I have talked to another gentleman who bought a 1969 Charger 500 off of a used car lot in 1971 and thought he had bought a modified Charger R/T. He thought someone had put on a Coronet Grille and monkeyed with the car. It wasn't until years later that he found out those were done by Creative Industries.
Know of another guy who bought a HEMI 500 and has had it for years but had only thought he bought a HEMI R/T until he decided to finally beging restoring the car. He knew it was a HEMI car when he bought it but had no idea what a 500 was. I believe he told me he bought the car in 1972 or 1973. So there was quite a few of them out there that many people didn't really see as different until years later.

Ghoste

It's a mistake in Hemmings.  Donnnie Gould handles the Florida sales and he is essentially a Shelby guy.  He can do with Shelby vins what you do with 500's Danny.  So details on that ad weren't at the foremost of his mind, IF he wrote the ad.  It could just be a misprint on Hemmings part.  Donnie did have a 70 Charger RT that he sold last fall so maybe that's where the confusion started?  I don't know but the ad is supposed to about 69 XX number one.

(you should see the blank stares I get when I try to talk about the incorrect broadcast sheet)

69_500

Well I don't think many people would notice that it is the wrong broadcast sheet. I mean other than the wheels, and the VIN number there aren't any differences that I can see. Both cars have the same options, same exterior color, same interior color, oh and one is a 4 speed and one is an automatic. Heck the owner showed me that broadcast sheet 2 years ago at the Chrysler Classic and I didn't even notice that it was for another car. Then again all I did was glance at it. Should have stared at it.

Ghoste

Except that, it is being sold as having complete and accurate documentation.

69_500

Well it could be stated as being accurate documentation. I mean that is the braodcast sheet that was in that car. It just doesn't belond to that car. The rest of the documentation he has for the car is incredible.

Ghoste

Since they are the one and two cars and they both have the vinyl and cloth interior, I'd be willing to bet the automatic car has (had?) the broadcast sheet for the four speed car.

69Charger500

69 500:

How does your list compare with the "old" list from the early Winged Warriors days?

By the way, if you want some help getting your info into a spreadsheet form which is more manageable, I'd be glad to help.  I'm off work for a few more weeks due to having some broken bones in my spine repaired, and have lots of time on my hands!

I'm also pretty darn good at this "computer" stuff...

The last spreadsheet I put together at work managed over 30,000 VINs, and all their respective details!

Mike

69_500

How does my list compare to the "old" Winged Warriors list. Well the list they had in 1979 I have a copy of. Any other list they put out since then I haven't seen. So I do know of the ones on their 1979 list, all ofthe other VIN's I have are from just countless phone calls, personl road trips, car shows, and such.

How did you wind up with broken bones? Accident at work? Or was it a planned surgery, or what? Your not too far outside of Detroit are ya? I'm located right on the Southside of Indianapolis.

69Charger500

Horseback riding accident last year...  Had my young daughter with me and the horse went bolting towards the barn.  Couldn't hold on to her and the horse at the same time, so I wrapped my arms around her and waited for the worst.  Landed flat on my back.  She, thank God, was completely unharmed as I broke her fall.

I, on the other hand, had several broken vertebrae as souveniers from that day...In the ER they told me I wasn't at risk for paralysis, but would have to get it fixed sooner or later.  I said, see you later, then!

Couldn't take the pain any longer so I had them cut me open, & they took out the broken stuff and cut some donor bone from my pelvis and patched it all back together.  Can you say ouch??!!

This pic is of my 2nd daughter; my 3rd daughter & I are on the white horse in the background prior to setting out for the fateful ride...

69Charger500

Here's another pic that shows how big the horse was, and why I could not "reign" her in when she bolted.  I'm just under 6' tall and about 210, and had a hard time just getting my feet up in the stirrups to jump on.

I've since learned how incredibly dangerous it is to ride double, for exactly the reason with what happened to us.

69_500

Ah now I see. Well at least ytour daughter was unharmed. Definately being a dad in that situation, its instinct to protect your child rather than brace yourself.

Glad to hear all is for the better now.

I might take ya up on the offer to help put the info into a database. I've been working on getting it all organized before I put it in a database/spreadsheet because I want to make sure that I get all the info in there, and that I don't duplicate anything. I'm trying to weed out all the errors, and duplicates before hand. Should take less time to enter it that way.

69_500

HEY GHOSTE, was going to PM this to you but your box was full.

Do you recall what day you sent out the video? I was just wondering, because it still hasn't arrived. I didn't know when you sent it, but was just letting ya know.

When I get it, I'll copy down the address you have on the package and you'll receive a DVD in return for the video. The question is which one do you want.

Mopars at the Strip 2005
Atlantic Mopar nationals 2005
Chryslers at Carlisle 2005
Monster Mopar in St. L 2005
Charlie Glotzbach interview
Suds Cruise in (in concjuction with Hot Rod Magazine) 2005
or wait for the Monster Mopar in Indy 2005 DVD?

Just let me know.

Ghoste

My first thought was, how could it be full?  Then I checked. :o  So I'll fix that right away.  You should be getting it any time now but with the borders the way they are now and it's a package, well, it may take longer.
As to returning anything, you should watch it first and decide if it's any good.  If it is, Charlie Glotzbach I guess.

69_500

Okay, no problem, I'll warn ya though the Charlie interview has hardly no editing done to it. So it is just straight forward how we taped it. I did that with the intentions of advertising it in the Winged Warriors newsletter but never got around to contacting Sue about it.

hemigeno

It's a great interview, some good stuff in there.  Although, I did catch a comment or two about "We'll edit that out"... 

:icon_smile_big:

69_500

Yeah my dad did the interview, but we decided to leave it unedited, because they were going to type up the whole interview in the news letter. So by doing some editing we were going to lose some of that. So we made the decision to go with it as is. In the Monster Mopar DVD we used some of the interview, but did editing to it.

Ghoste

Has it arrived yet?  I have another thing here if you want it.  It's RM's catalog for the Boca auction with the car in it.  I was told today that I won't be at Boca so I'll have to find out after the fact where the car goes.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: 69Charger500 on January 24, 2006, 03:07:32 PM
Couldn't hold on to her and the horse at the same time, so I wrapped my arms around her and waited for the worst.  Landed flat on my back.  She, thank God, was completely unharmed as I broke her fall.  I, on the other hand, had several broken vertebrae as souveniers from that day...In the ER they told me I wasn't at risk for paralysis, but would have to get it fixed sooner or later.
Wow.  Now that's LOVE.  Awesome thing you did for your daughter! 

Ghoste

Don't you have kids CA?  That's just parenting man.  It's instinctive love and you'd sacrifice your own life or take someone elses to preserve your child.
Which by no means takes away what he did.

69_500

Nope no package yet, I'll look in the mail again today.

Yes that is definately good parenting, and yes it is LOVE.

nascarxx29

I know of another guy who has a 69 500 it was from NJ .Hector Almonte formerly owned  that car.It was from Weehauken NJ .That car is one vin number lower than 69 500s car.Last owner after him was a Mike H.Anybody know him or if he still has the car lastime I heard from him he was working on it in 2001
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hemi68charger

Hey Danny..
Just got connected to another C500 owner out of Florida.... He has a F8 440 4speed C500 that was painted black prior to his ongoing restoration.. He may show up here.. I told him about the various Charger/Mopar sites.. Hopefully he'll pass on his info for your database..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Hopefully he will join the site and chime in on the ongoing threads, or start a new one and tell us about his car.

I hadn't heard of any cars being 1 VIN lower than my car. I know of a few that are close to my VIN, IE my dads old car being 3 higher, and then the one after that and then the one following that one. Don't have any info on one lower than my VIN. I have info on a car that is 2 digits in front of my car, well not a lot, just the VIN.

69_500

I now have 222 cars in the list that I've been keeping.

Also of note ChargerAficianado, I know have 4 69 Charger 500's that are SE's with A/C. Your car, is one, Alex in Georgia who posted on here not too long ago has another, and there are 2 that I just looked at today.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 03, 2006, 02:25:18 PM
I now have 222 cars in the list that I've been keeping.

Also of note ChargerAficianado, I know have 4 69 Charger 500's that are SE's with A/C. Your car, is one, Alex in Georgia who posted on here not too long ago has another, and there are 2 that I just looked at today.

Hey Danny, how many 440 4-speed cars do you have?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection