News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger 500's

Started by 69_500, January 21, 2006, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

That will take me a while to figure out, but I'll get back on here and post that when I get it added up.

69_500

Okay breaking it down as fast as I could, I have 13 cars that I know of that are 440 4 speeds. There is a lot of cars that I know the VIN of and exterior color, but don't know the transmission for them though. As a matter of fact Troy I don't think my list even includes your car at all. So it could be 14. I am only showing 1 car that is the color of Dana in the list being a 4 speed, and it isn't Dana.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 03, 2006, 04:06:43 PM
Okay breaking it down as fast as I could, I have 13 cars that I know of that are 440 4 speeds. There is a lot of cars that I know the VIN of and exterior color, but don't know the transmission for them though. As a matter of fact Troy I don't think my list even includes your car at all. So it could be 14. I am only showing 1 car that is the color of Dana in the list being a 4 speed, and it isn't Dana.

I know of two... One that's a 426 Hemi 4-speed T7/T3 in Jersey I believe and this one from the info I got from the owner at the time....  I remember getting an interior picture of this car and it was just like Dana....  Do you need Dana's VIN?  Also, the hemi one I previously mentioned is one digit off mine, the car right after Dana..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Well if you include the HEMI 4 speeds then that number goes up, but I was only counting the 440 4 speed cars.
Is that the car that was for sale on cuda.com about 3 years ago? I called that guy about those cars when I saw those, but he had already sold them before I called so he didn't have any info on them anymore.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 04, 2006, 08:59:18 AM
Well if you include the HEMI 4 speeds then that number goes up, but I was only counting the 440 4 speed cars.
Is that the car that was for sale on cuda.com about 3 years ago? I called that guy about those cars when I saw those, but he had already sold them before I called so he didn't have any info on them anymore.

Yeap, that's the car.... Just like Dana except with a woodgrain wheel.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Well if you have any info on that car I'd love to add its information as well Troy.

Like I said before my list is only partial, but I'm always looking to add any more information to make it more complete. If you add the HEMI 4 speeds I think it would probably be closer to 30 total 4 speed cars that I've seen.

See when I first started collecting this information all I did was write down VIN numbers and exterior colors. I didn't bother looking at fender tags to write that stuff down, or even the interiors. As the years progressed I started making more notes on cars.

69_500

Just figured I'd add a little update to this with the new information I've received lately.

Now total VINs are 229

75 of those being HEMI's

20 cars with A/C

9 known SE's

4 cars are SE's with A/C.

69_500

Just an update here but now the list is up to 231 cars.

Troy did you ever hear anymore from the gentleman in Florida with the HEMI 500 that was primered black?

also HEMI Doug did you ever happen to go by and get any information off of those 2 500's in your area? The A4 silver one or the Y2 yellow one.

arrow

Quote from: 69_500 on August 16, 2006, 07:24:12 PM
Just an update here but now the list is up to 231 cars.

Troy did you ever hear anymore from the gentleman in Florida with the HEMI 500 that was primered black?

also HEMI Doug did you ever happen to go by and get any information off of those 2 500's in your area? The A4 silver one or the Y2 yellow one.

Do you think your total number is close to the number of 500s that still exist  sense you have close to half of total?? production

69_500

I personally don't know the answer to that question. I'm still under the impression they only made 392. I guess until I've seen 393+ then I"ll stick to that figure. If there is close to 500 then I'd be shocked.

Ghoste

Danny, I recently picked up an old magazine from February 1969 called Motorcade.  It was out of LA and it had another Hemi 500 road test in it.  They are testing the automatic car so maybe it's the same one Lindeman was beating on?
Just an aside.

69_500

Hmmm, guess I'll have to look for that magazine in the future as well. My question is still whether or not the AT Lindeman beat on, was it the 110614 car or not. If it is, man I'd  well you know.

Ghoste

Yeah, and unfortunately this magazine doesn't offer a whole lot of detail so it isn't like you can spot the vin or anything like that.

69_500

Well does it show an interior shot? Does it have the chrome shifter knob instead of the woodgrain? Rear bezels painted body color not stripe color? Any dent in the drivers quarter above rear wheel? Power window controls?

:)

Ghoste

I'm trying to post the article but I've been having trouble.  But to quickly answer your questions; chrome shifter knob, body color bezels, no dent, and no shot of the inner door panels to determine window controls.  I'll get the article up here shortly though.

Ghoste

Page 1.

Ghoste

Page 2.

Ghoste

Page 3.

tan top

good artical ( Ghoste)  never seen that one before , thanks for posting  :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Sorry it isn't easier to read but I can fill in the blanks for any of the bad spots or send the full size scan to anyone who really wants it.

gtx6970

Anyone know of an original A4 silver 500 with red interior. A friend of mine bought it out of Indy many years ago. The car had hit a bridge abuctment and destroyed the car. The only way this car was going to be fixed was to clip it with another car.

He sold it several years ago and then lost track of it.

As fas as I know , He still has the A-pillar trim mouldings off the car

69_500

I don't recall any A4 with red interior HEMI 500's around here in the INdy area, but then again I wasn't here in this area all of my life.

I do know of a A4 HEMI 500 with blue interior though.

69_500

Just an update here but trying to keep a running total for those of you who actually care about 500's.

To date I know of 230 different VIN's for 500's.

HEMI's break down to 78.

27 HEMI 4 speed's
32 HEMI AT's
23 unknown transmission

440 break down to 152

24 4 speed's
90 AT's
28 unknown transmissions

Can break the colors that I know of down like this

A4 silver cars 4
B5 blue cars 16
B7 blue cars 2 (I haven't seen either personally just been informed of their colors)
F3 green cars 6
F5 green cars 7
F8 green cars 33
Q5 aqua cars 2
R4 red cars 37
R6 red cars 4
T3 bronze cars 5
T5 bronze cars 10
T7 bronze cars 4
W1 white cars 7
X9 black cars 7
Y2 yellow cars 10
Y4 gold cars 5
999 speical cars 1

Which leaves a lot of them unaccounted for. As I wrote down VIN's but not fender tag info for a lot of cars over the years.

69_500

I'm working on getting more organized, and actually putting all my information into a spreadsheet so that I can sort it all. I'm hoping to set up a spreadsheet that I can enter in the VIN's as well as fender tag information so that I can sort it either way. Gene do you have one set up like that for Daytona's yet? Or Chris how do you sort the information for the 69 Regristry?

nascarxx29

My girlfriend Annie did a spread sheet using all the vins from the daytona shipment list You can sort vins and spot doubles and quiclky look up what number car number on the list it is.Also shows what states in alphabetical order.And the groups of vin numbers and there sequence etc  etc .You can add additional info at anytime .There many colums to work and sort with.I could have used this high tech way .When I did my daytona per state totals .By hand on paper
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701