News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird / Daytona Jack

Started by boss429kiwi, January 12, 2012, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

Hi

I believe my Superbird to be a very original car (except for a bad outer paint job).
However its my understanding the scissor jack should be black and the Daytona jack to be "red"?

Does this mean I have a Daytona jack? (photo).

NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

FJMG

Yes and coincidentally also means that you should get rid of that terrible thing by giving it to me!  :icon_smile_big:

On a more serious note, I thought the daytona jacks had a little cylindrical protrusion welded on top?

boss429kiwi

OK, the next obvious question is, what is a Superbird jack worth compared to a Daytona jack?

Thanks Gary 

FJMG

I wonder if anyone has a pic of the old winnebago jacks that looked similar to the wing car jacks?

mopar4ya

First, why is there no nub welded to the center of the jack. Second, I have alwasy been told the Daytona jack and Superbird jacks were the same other than the color they were painted. Is this true?

Dan :cheers:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: boss429kiwi on January 12, 2012, 08:11:32 PM
Hi

I believe my Superbird to be a very original car (except for a bad outer paint job).
However its my understanding the scissor jack should be black and the Daytona jack to be "red"?

Does this mean I have a Daytona jack? (photo).

Doesn't look quite right to me. Top and bottom.

See this post.....   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,87728.msg989889.html#msg989889

maxwellwedge

Quote from: mopar4ya on January 12, 2012, 08:56:42 PM
First, why is there no nub welded to the center of the jack. Second, I have alwasy been told the Daytona jack and Superbird jacks were the same other than the color they were painted. Is this true?

Dan :cheers:

True.....sometimes the bearing had different info....but that is splitting atoms.

boss429kiwi

Ok, I see the difference.
Also my jack has a solid base plate.

I wonder what this jack is?

Thanks

Wingnut426

Didn't anyone notice the handle is incorrect too???  If the bottom is thick heavy steel, its an early Corvette jack. My 2 cents.
HEMI Daytona Convertible

maxwellwedge

I noticed but I didn't want to send him over the edge!  :lol:

boss429kiwi

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 12, 2012, 10:09:40 PM
I noticed but I didn't want to send him over the edge!  :lol:

I'm asking these questions to find out whats correct and incorrect, prior to restoring the car.  :shruggy:

Redbird

It appears to me that you have the $ 20 swap meet replacement jack resembling the proper jack. FWIW the handle looks wrong too. From the picture, and hard to tell, but you might want to look at the hold down plate also.

If it is all wrong $ 2800 or so will fix it if you can find someone to sell the parts. Or repo.
The proper handle can be found with some searching for $ 35 plus your time, a lot of time.

moparstuart

Quote from: Wingnut426 on January 12, 2012, 10:06:13 PM
Didn't anyone notice the handle is incorrect too???  If the bottom is thick heavy steel, its an early Corvette jack. My 2 cents.
pete sell him the correct stuff  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

boss email pete and he can get you the right looking stuff         petev8@webtv.net
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE