News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So it begins, voyage into the unknown

Started by gtx6970, April 16, 2012, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

I took this one in late last fall in hopes to work with it over the winter and into spring ( customer is already adding work to it, but thats another story)

I was hired to hang all the rear sheetmetal, trunk floor and etc etc etc.

Real 1968 Charger R/T , 440 4spd EE1 dark blue. There is no fender tag,,,, no build sheet,, non matching numbers drivetrain( none of it) . So the customer said build it the way HE wants it.

I got it in as this

gtx6970

As of today this is where I'm at.
2 new quarters, rear valance,, new decklid, trunk floor, left ft fender,, new dutchman panel ( that does NOT fit like I had hoped)

rear valance needs LOTS of work ( still making it fit btw ) If everything goes right it will be on and done by weeks end .

Bithand

If you don't mind me asking what would the bill look like on that job?

I ask because I am getting ready to start my project this fall. Just got the rotisserie in on Saturday.

I am confident of my abilities in all aspects of the build other than sheet metal body panel work.

I have no issues doing my floor and trunk pans, subframe connectors etc etc.  I don't think I want to tackle the rear quarters so I am trying to get an idea.

No worries if you don't want to put the numbers out here you may PM me or simply tell me it's none of my business

Thanks in advance if you can help

Patronus

I like the first pic with the little new corner hanging on there..  :hah:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

gtx6970

Quote from: Bithand on April 16, 2012, 09:13:52 PM
If you don't mind me asking what would the bill look like on that job?

I ask because I am getting ready to start my project this fall. Just got the rotisserie in on Sat

Estimate start to finish I gave was $8 to $10 K
not including parts and materials. I get it solid then someone else takes over to do all the prepping and blocking to prep for paint ( I don't do exterior paint )

Since we started. the customer has already added for me to do the underside , installing all new stainless fuel and brake lines , rebuild both the ft and rear suspensions and add the Dana and convert the car to disc brakes. Then install his done power train.
Basically give him back an assembled car with all the drive train in place - but  in primer .
If I can get a painter to work with me, we'll paint it as well. Then all the owner has to do is install his interior and his license plates and go

As it sits right now -  so far the bill is between $6K and $7K